Would you vaccinate your child aged 5-11 (with Pfizer)?

Would you vaccinate your child aged 5-11 (with Pfizer)?  

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 1/22/2022 at 2:12 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I’m sure she’s getting a stellar education at home instead of the school !!!!  ????

------

If the school is really that poor, what is she doing there in the first place?.  There is also the social side of school, kids need other kids to interact with. 

You obviously do not know what goes on in the public schools.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I guess, following the same logic, you have a theory that seat belts don't stop injuries and deaths because they are not 100% effective all of the time.

No, you guess wrong. Besides, the link provided was pre-omicron.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Please inform the USA of your findings as the Antigen test within 24 hrs is what's required now to board an international flight bound for the USA.

4 hours ago, Sudarut said:

The US federal Government has granted Pfizer immunity from liability if something goes wrong from taking their vaccines.  Which is ironic, as their vaccines don't even provide immunity from Covid.  Vaccine Definition: a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.

Not all Vaccines provide immunity. The flu vaccine is but one.

14 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

The comments on this thread leads me to believe folks with no kids believe vaccinating kids is good for the sake of others. How would you a stranger know what's best for my kid.

Because we want this pandemic to end. We're tired of it. Sadly, we're all in this together. Sadly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

The comments on this thread leads me to believe folks with no kids believe vaccinating kids is good for the sake of others. How would you a stranger know what's best for my kid.

Vaccination being good for the sake of others doesn't mean that it's not good for children, too.

And if you chose not to vaccinate your child against, say, tetanus, would your question still be valid?

If your child had appendicitis, and you chose not to give her medical attention but instead chose prayer, would that also be due to your superior judgement?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Vaccination being good for the sake of others doesn't mean that it's not good for children, too.

And if you chose not to vaccinate your child against, say, tetanus, would your question still be valid?

If your child had appendicitis, and you chose not to give her medical attention but instead chose prayer, would that also be due to your superior judgement?

Your ...  equating Covid to tetanus and medical procedures which have been performed for many decades. If parents want to vaccinate their 5 yr olds, up to them. My kid, up to us.

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling comment toward forum member removed

19 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Your ...  equating Covid to tetanus and medical procedures which have been performed for many decades. If parents want to vaccinate their 5 yr olds, up to them. My kid, up to us.

What happens when schools won't let them attend? Will you deprive the kid of an education?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2009 said:

I never tried to be 'high-minded' - it is just my belief that nobody should be vaccinated for others, it should be done to protect ourselves only.

There is a difference in what we are saying though:

You: children should be vaccinated to protect elders even though some are dying of the vaccine.

Me: everyone should be vaccinated to protect themselves and nobody should be pressured into taking the risk of vaccine for other reasons.

If elders (or anyone) take all the safety precautions they possibly can take (or are willing to take) and yet still succumb to covid, then that just nature - but I ain't gona throw anyone else under the bus so I can walk freely (especially not children).

You wrote that even if 1 million people died, still, not even one additional child should die due to mandated vaccinations. That's just nuts.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Your ... equating Covid to tetanus and medical procedures which have been performed for many decades. If parents want to vaccinate their 5 yr olds, up to them. My kid, up to us.

Well, for some reason you believe that it's rational to fear the latent long term consequences of a vaccination, something which has never happened, rather than the latent long term consequences of infection by a viral pathogen, which has frequently been the case. Clearly your decision is not rational and not in the best interests of your child. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ozimoron said:

More children will die from the disease than the vaccine.

I wouldn’t disagree with you here at all, and personally, if I had kids, I wouldn’t be against them being vaccinated, even though I think it’s probably unnecessary for most of them. What I’m against is coerced/forced vaccination. 
If someone chooses to be vaccinated, and they do happen to suffer from an unlikely reaction causing serious side effects or death, then that’s on them. If they are pushed into it, and something bad happens, however rare, who is going to take responsibility for it? How would they ever prove that the vaccine is what caused it? 

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Because we want this pandemic to end. We're tired of it. Sadly, we're all in this together. Sadly.

Wrong.....I drop out after about 2 weeks, when I saw covid was in every country on earth (from google news searches) (even tiny specks of countries) 2 weeks after this hit......And realized that was impossible.. 

Edited by redwood1

6 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Our fastest way through this mess is via vaccines.  Everyone.

You’ve been repeating this statement for months, and yet here we are, a year into the vaccine rollout, and the most vaccinated countries in the world are recording more cases than ever. So can you explain how you think that vaccines will be our way out of this mess? 

Yes, I know that the vaccines prevent serious illness and death for those who have chosen to get them, but that’s a completely different thing than bringing the pandemic to an end. 

Edited by Ryan754326
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ryan754326 said:

You’ve been repeating this statement for months, and yet here we are, a year into the vaccine rollout, and the most vaccinated countries in the world are recording more case than ever. So can you explain how you think that vaccines will be our way out of this mess? 

Yes, I know that the vaccines prevent serious illness and death for those who have chosen to get them, but that’s a completely different thing than bringing the pandemic to an end.

Nobody is suggesting that the vaccines will bring the pandemic to an end, at least not the current vaccines we have. They are saying that vaccines will bring delta to an end and crises in hospitals and health care to an end. The high rates of hospitalisations experienced in many countries is having a negative effect on the economy. Google is reporting 39% less foot traffic in the Paramatta CBD following the omicron outbreak.

The increased infections are not caused by the vaccines.

18 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Nobody is suggesting that the vaccines will bring the pandemic to an end, at least not the current vaccines we have. They are saying that vaccines will bring delta to an end and crises in hospitals and health care to an end. The high rates of hospitalisations experienced in many countries is having a negative effect on the economy. Google is reporting 39% less foot traffic in the Paramatta CBD following the omicron outbreak.

The increased infections are not caused by the vaccines.

My alternate version of @Jeffr2's wording would not have said "fastest"...

But perhaps instead.... Our currently best available way through this mess is via vaccines.

It's hard to make time judgments, when fully one-third of Thailand, the U.S. and many other places haven't even been fully vaccinated now, two years into COVID and more than one year since the arrival of the vaccines. And many other places with vax rates less than those.

It may be that, as things stand now, the best we can hope for given the current crop of vaccines and persistent resistance by some to vaccination is to limit and lessen the health, economic and other impacts of the pandemic -- which itself would still be a significant result -- until better vaccines or treatments come along, and/or, until the pandemic at some point burns out/mutates out via nature.

• Like 1

FWIW... not stopping with ages 5 to 11...

Fauci says he hopes FDA will authorize Pfizer’s Covid vaccine for kids under 5 in the next month

--White House chief medical advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci said younger children will likely need three vaccine doses.

--Two shots did not induce an adequate immune response in children 2 to 4 years old in Pfizer’s clinical trials.

--Pfizer plans to submit data to the Food and Drug Administration in the first half of 2022 if the three-dose study proves successful.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/19/fauci-says-fda-could-authorize-pfizers-covid-vaccine-for-kids-under-5-in-the-next-month.html

"Pfizer said it did not identify any safety concerns with the 3-microgram vaccine doses in children 6 months to 4 years old."

1 hour ago, Ryan754326 said:

You’ve been repeating this statement for months, and yet here we are, a year into the vaccine rollout, and the most vaccinated countries in the world are recording more cases than ever. So can you explain how you think that vaccines will be our way out of this mess? 

Yes, here we are and an awful lot of fearful people still haven't gotten vaccinated. Think how different tihngs would be if everyone who could have done so, actually did.

There are risks, and then there are RISKS...

From Johns Hopkins latest COVID situation report from last Thursday:

"Global weekly mortality increased for the second week, up 10.88% from the previous week with 48,911 total deaths. Cumulative global mortality passed 5.5 million the week ending January 10, up from 5 million on November 1, 2021. The true global death toll of the pandemic is estimated to be much higher, with models from the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation and The Economist suggesting COVID-19-related deaths to be between 2 and 4 times higher."

"The US is averaging 755,095 new cases and 1,669 deaths per day.* Some models estimate that the cumulative number of deaths could rise above 1 million by mid-March, when the Omicron wave is expected to subside.

COVID-19 hospitalizations in the US set another record high this week, with a 7-day average of 21,086 new hospitalizations per day. The CDC is also reporting a surge in the number of current hospitalizations, up from an average of 125,106 hospitalized COVID-19 patients on January 10 to 142,595 on January 17, an increase of 14% over that period. The current average is the highest since the beginning of the pandemic."

https://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/resources/COVID-19/COVID-19-SituationReports.html

10 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Think many of us with kids that age will want them to have it to get them back into school after a year missing out - mine still is not back since April.

I think the risk to my daughter from lack of education - even if only a thai one - and the social aspect of schooling far outweighs the risk to my daughters long term health.

I am in the same situation and I have chosen to leave my kid out of school for as long as necessary. Not an easy decision to make but the truth is we just don't know what the long-term effects are on a child.

A guy I know asked his GP the other day, "what will the effects be in 3 years from now?". "You'll know in 3 years!" was his answer.

19 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

I am in the same situation and I have chosen to leave my kid out of school for as long as necessary. Not an easy decision to make but the truth is we just don't know what the long-term effects are on a child.

A guy I know asked his GP the other day, "what will the effects be in 3 years from now?". "You'll know in 3 years!" was his answer.

The health authorities have consistently reported that historically, any adverse impacts from vaccines at large arrive soon after vaccination, and there is no history of vaccines at large producing delayed, long into the future surprise side effects among children or anyone else.

And then, in addition, there's this kind of news from the U.S.:

"For the week ending January 6th, over 580,000 child COVID-19 cases were reported," according to numbers released Monday by the AAP.  "This number is a 78% increase over the 325,000 added cases reported the week ending December 30th and an almost tripling of case counts from the two weeks prior," the AAP stated.

"Covid-19 Infections in children have typically been mild so far in the pandemic, but the sheer magnitude of cases caused by the very contagious Omicron variant is sending children under age 18 to hospitals in record numbers, according to data from the CDC.

"I would say the best way to keep those children protected is to vaccinate them as they're eligible and surround them by siblings and parents who are vaccinated themselves," said CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky in a Friday news conference."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/11/health/deliberate-omicron-infection-wellness/index.html

579482995_ChildCOVIDhospitaladmissionsviaCDCthruJan202022.jpg.a39da6e0d7e5d2f4d18a006a5b77d91d.jpg

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#new-hospital-admissions

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

On 1/23/2022 at 6:46 PM, Jeffr2 said:

We arnt all in this together though are we Jeff. 

The people making the policies arnt struggling to home educate their children.. They have the finest tutors available coming around to educate their children. They have houses with nice big gardens the kids can play in.  They arnt cooped up in some one room apartment with no respite from bored kids. 

Edited by onthedarkside
baiting comments removed

3 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

Thank you for your reply but I do not trust the CDC, their "data" and their "science" as nothing they have said in the past couple of years has been true.

Now that a fifth shot is in the works, it is about time we understood that this will never stop unless we just say no.

Yet that study from Israel on a 4th booster shot in now way mentioned the need for a 5th stating instead that it  not enough to prevent Omicron-variant infections.

Your conclusion is not what it says and very misleading.