Appointment at CW immigration

On 1/23/2022 at 11:01 AM, ubonjoe said:

Those that have a appointment are treated differently than those that do not have one. 

Not sure how exactly it is working now with new appointment system since their have not been enough reports about i.

I  recently had an early morning confirmed appointment at CW  and in the confirmation copy I was told to go to Counter L1 -room 32,

I showed my appointment confirmation letter to an official who was outside the Immigration room before it opened  and  he told me I did not need  to go to the appointments desk inside but I could go direct to room L1-32 

Nevertheless he gave  me a queue number to enter the appointment  desk section after it opened.

Even though I arrived early morning there was over 70 people ahead of me in the queue, all of whom got access before me to enter the immigration section; I was not allowed to enter until my number was called.

But when I entered the immigration area I went direct to room L1 -32 which is marked but not clearly "retirement online appointment". Needed to tell the official in that room I had an appoinment and I showed her my copy of the appointment confirmation. I was seen immediately and all went OK. For some reason I needed to wait about 1 hour to get my passport and bank book returned,

I then got from downstairs a copy of my new 1 year visa then returned to get a ticket to the re-entry section; I was seen almost immediately and got my re-entry permit.

I hope this helps.

Edited by homeseeker
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, homeseeker said:

I  recently had an early morning confirmed appointment at CW  and in the confirmation copy I was told to go to Counter L1 -room 32,

I showed my appointment confirmation letter to an official who was outside the Immigration room before it opened  and  he told me I did not need  to go to the appointments desk inside but I could go direct to room L1-32 

Nevertheless he gave  me a queue number to enter the appointment  desk section after it opened.

Even though I arrived early morning there was over 70 people ahead of me in the queue, all of whom got access before me to enter the immigration section; I was not allowed to enter until my number was called.

But when I entered the immigration area I went direct to room L1 -32 which is marked but not clearly "retirement online appointment". Needed to tell the official in that room I had an appoinment and I showed her my copy of the appointment confirmation. I was seen immediately and all went OK. For some reason I needed to wait about 1 hour to get my passport and bank book returned,

I then got from downstairs a copy of my new 1 year visa then returned to get a ticket to the re-entry section; I was seen almost immediately and got my re-entry permit.

I hope this helps.

Yes, they are not really set up for people with appointments. You have to be a bit pushy to get seen at your appointed time. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HKexpat said:

How do I make an online apt for a O-Retirement visa application.  Is it the same as the link above?  Thanks. 

I don't see the non-o visa application on the site but you could use the one shown on the page for CW.

image.png.8cb63e45d283d61a287c679887be830a.png

Direct link for CW is here. 

https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/ImmigrationOfficeGovernmentComplexChaengWattanaRd@imm1division.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/

4 minutes ago, HKexpat said:

Thanks though if I have entered visa exempt and wish to apply for a new O retirement visa (not an extension) then am not sure which selection I should use for making an apt.   

You could still use the appointment for the extension for retirement to get you to the section where the visa applications are done.

Appointments are not mandatory. You can go to CW without one.