Thailand’s digital minister in hospital for COVID-19 treatment

snoop1130

CF42B928-DCD5-4201-B4EF-79EAACDC3C61.jpeg

Image Credit: Chaiwut Thanakamanusorn‘s Facebook

Digital Economy and Society (DES) Minister Chaiwut Thanakamanusorn revealed today (Monday) that he is infected with COVID-19 and is now in hospital for treatment, but his condition is not serious.

He said that he might have contracted the disease while visiting the northern province of Chiang Mai last Thursday, adding that he now has a fever and mild headache, but his lungs are normal.

The DES minister also said, however, that he will attend a special cabinet meeting today via video conference.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-digital-minister-in-hospital-for-covid-19-treatment/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-01-24

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

4 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Digital Economy and Society (DES) Minister Chaiwut Thanakamanusorn revealed today (Monday) that he is infected with COVID-19 and is now in hospital for treatment, but his condition is not serious.

He said that he might have contracted the disease while visiting

Digital Nomad ?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Then what the bloody hell is he doing blocking a bed, then? Stay at home, take a couple of Paracetamol every 4 hours and stop being such a puff.

1 hour ago, baboon said:

Then what the bloody hell is he doing blocking a bed, then? Stay at home, take a couple of Paracetamol every 4 hours and stop being such a puff.

Is there a shortage of free beds at the hospital where this patient is staying?

1 hour ago, baboon said:

It might not have been his choice, plus he's "receiving treatment".

There are guidelines also for Thais. If he was told to hospitalize and he had said "I am a minister I want to self-isolate at home" you would probably have had something to comment as well.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

It might not have been his choice, plus he's "receiving treatment".

There are guidelines also for Thais. If he was told to hospitalize and he had said "I am a minister I want to self-isolate at home" you would probably have had something to comment as well.

I would: 'That's a better idea than occupying hospital beds for no reason'.

Treatment can be nothing but observation and a couple of Paracetamol.