Thai FDA speeds up Cannabis Act enactment, cannabis “sandboxes” proposed for recreational use

webfact

28 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Ah, so they might develop a pot belly...

Probably not...as in my limited experience, it would take so long to unwrap  that Mars Bar ( let alone assault it), that it would be time to roll again ????

3 hours ago, robblok said:

I am pointing out that if you have to outlaw a drug based on how bad it is then alcohol would be far better choice. 

Im pointing out that all those alcohol users are hypocrites as their drug does so much more damage to bodies and other people then pot so it hypocritical to get so angry about this.

Im not sure but have you even considered that alcohol not pot is mostly there when there is voilence and the deaths you see from alcohol are plentiful (liver damage and the likes) while pot has never killed anyone from an overdose.

So just pointing out that anyone switching from alcohol to pot is a win health wise and violence wise. So i don't see the problem with legalizing a far less problematic drug that could actually help people.

A lot of older people on this forum have no knowledge of drugs, if you took the time to educate yourself about the dangers of alcohol vs pot then you would see that alcohol is far more of problem then pot ever is / will be.

So why all the hatred of pot ? Why can't the alcohol users accept that an other drug is being decriminalized? Problably because they have never looked into the dangers of alcohol vs those of pot.

If i had to ban one of the two based on dangers and problems any scientist based on the facts would ban alcohol. So tell me why are the older alcoholic users so against pot. 

I agree that booze definitely causes problems when taken to excess, as does many other things, including food, gambling, women, and even exercise. 

I think that it's a bit of an understatement to say that pot is harmless though. Smoking it can lead to bronchitis and emphysema. It's also linked to (sometimes serious) episodes of mental illness in a minority of people, and lack of motivation and listlessness in many regular users.

I used to smoke lots of it back in the day, and it certainly made me feel listless, lazy and irritable at times, scrambling my thinking and making me pick fights and arguments for (when I look back) no reason. People also say it isn't addictive, which I disagree with. I found it very hard to kick the regular habit that I'd developed, which started with the occasional joint and ended with daily use. Kicking a dope habit, was in my experience as hard as kicking a nicotine habit.

I for one am better off without it, but I still enjoy a beer.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Capella said:

I agree that booze definitely causes problems when taken to excess, as does many other things, including food, gambling, women, and even exercise. 

I think that it's a bit of an understatement to say that pot is harmless though. Smoking it can lead to bronchitis and emphysema. It's also linked to (sometimes serious) episodes of mental illness in a minority of people, and lack of motivation and listlessness in many regular users.

I used to smoke lots of it back in the day, and it certainly made me feel listless, lazy and irritable at times, scrambling my thinking and making me pick fights and arguments for (when I look back) no reason. People also say it isn't addictive, which I disagree with. I found it very hard to kick the regular habit that I'd developed, which started with the occasional joint and ended with daily use. Kicking a dope habit, was in my experience as hard as kicking a nicotine habit.

I for one am better off without it, but I still enjoy a beer.

Research proves you wrong on what is more harmful. So i pick scientists over you. But about the smoking, you can vape or eat it too. That negates a lot of the downsides.

As for the mental illness that is listed for alcohol use too, the lack of motivation i agree with. That indeed happens if you use it a lot.

The addictive part is personal but the article i posted had alcohol as more addictive.  I found it quite easy to stop, but we are all different i guess. I used it a lot then stopped at once without any trouble. 

I for one am better without it too but only because of the munchies and the lack of motivation was not that great for my training. I could still do what i needed to do but i can do more without.

I never said its a perfect drug as there are no prefect drugs and it all depends on how much you use. I for one know that I can't use it if i want to stay super lean. Its all about choices and i think this is a choice people should have.

As for the aggression alcohol rates far higher strange that you got aggressive on it but not on alcohol. For most its the other way around. 

Anyway i feel people should be able to use it as long as they don't bother others. But i for one will not use it again. 

28 minutes ago, mancub said:

Probably not...as in my limited experience, it would take so long to unwrap  that Mars Bar ( let alone assault it), that it would be time to roll again ????

See, folks who takes things to the limits messes things up for those who dabble. One of the reasons many give up drinking is they don't know when to stop, so unfortunately or maybe fortunately they stop for good.

And maybe these folks with excessive disorders believe those who smoke pot do so constantly vs a couple hits in the evening, maybe before yardwork, before sleeping, like that. Never more than a mild buzz.

I'm not a fan of legalizing weed, just maybe stop with the random <deleted> tests for it, don't have police hassle folks with a small amount, go after the large shipments. I was at the beach yesterday walking the dog and 2 Thai guys are discreetly smoking a joint as they walk by, nobody else around, no harm no foul.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

you keep trying to push your alcoholic nonsense when it's perfectly legal ....  whereas drugs are not and society in general frowns upon pushers, addicts and users & rightly so.  The story is about a drug,  nothing to do with alcohol.

Wow... ???? There are none so blind as those who will not see...

It's a harmful drug. What does legality have to do with it? If they legalised murder, would you go out killing people?

Alcohol, sometimes referred to by the chemical name ethanol, is a psychoactive drug that is the active ingredient in drinks such as beer, wine...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

See, folks who takes things to the limits messes things up for those who dabble. One of the reasons many give up drinking is they don't know when to stop, so unfortunately or maybe fortunately they stop for good.

And maybe these folks with excessive disorders believe those who smoke pot do so constantly vs a couple hits in the evening, maybe before yardwork, before sleeping, like that. Never more than a mild buzz.

I'm not a fan of legalizing weed, just maybe stop with the random <deleted> tests for it, don't have police hassle folks with a small amount, go after the large shipments. I was at the beach yesterday walking the dog and 2 Thai guys are discreetly smoking a joint as they walk by, nobody else around, no harm no foul.

It just depends on how much one uses, just like a beer isnt a problem neither is a joint. (vaping is better). But for me it just does not work that way. I get hungry and lose control. 

I am perfectly fine following my diet and eating healthy now but i know that if i take pot I wont. Its all about knowing your own weaknesses and acting accordingly. I can't stay super lean if i do cannabis. I can control how much i smoke but just a bit is enough for me to go for sweet stuff. 

I need to totally cut out sweet stuff, because a little leads to more. Just no self-control in that area. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, robblok said:

Research proves you wrong on what is more harmful.

We're actually in agreement. My point was that dope isn't harmless, not that alcohol isn't harmful. Evidence abounds of psychiatric and behavioural and problems related to both.

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

It just depends on how much one uses, just like a beer isnt a problem neither is a joint. (vaping is better). But for me it just does not work that way. I get hungry and lose control. 

I am perfectly fine following my diet and eating healthy now but i know that if i take pot I wont. Its all about knowing your own weaknesses and acting accordingly. I can't stay super lean if i do cannabis. I can control how much i smoke but just a bit is enough for me to go for sweet stuff. 

I need to totally cut out sweet stuff, because a little leads to more. Just no self-control in that area. 

Munchies were an issue with me too. 

29 minutes ago, robblok said:

So i pick scientists over you.

Scientists quite often disagree on lots of things. It's their trade.

All I was doing was relating my own personal experience with weed. It's great when you're high, but there's a corresponding low.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

From the sublime to the ridiculous.. this is how the Thai government operate, it's either no bars, no drinks no fun, PCR tests every 5 min. sandboxes and quarantine to free for all, willy nilly, grow your own grass and pot.. expect pot heads to come in from all over the world in their droves...

Well... at least they all will be "high"-end potheads, according to the tourism plans that TAT and the tourism and sports minister apparently have in mind for post-Covid Thailand.

Edited by Misterwhisper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

It won't work, obviously.

Tourist partakes in sandbox, walks outside of sandbox, police drug test and shakedown. Thong Lor police salivating.

Someone's idiot nephew thought it would be cool to mention a sandbox. Usually littered with dog and cat feces. (Yes, we all know about software/app sandboxes.)

You can't have the law of the land suspended based on geographic location? (Unless you grant yourselves emergency powers of course.)

One wonders if there will be a prostitution sandbox, I mean other than the entire country.

Technically I think it's possible to introduce trial areas in certain provinces. It's up to each governor to allow them. Does it make sense? Not really. Will they still go ahead with that proposal? Most likely yes. 

But once a region discovered the economic potential of attracting Cannabis users (domestic and foreign) other regions will follow swiftly

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

So they've dropped the quality tourists now and chosen to go with dope-head sandbox areas....

But, But, But, No Smoking on the beach!!!  They will be fined 20,000 baht for firing up on the beaches, so there goes the 'pot sandbox' 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

I don't mind building a sandbox in the middle of my living room if that means I can consume cannabis in the comfort of my own home.

Yes great idea.

Lay their stoned, drooling unable to get up.  Then just be like a cat, when you have you use to the toilet just roll over and let it go.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes great idea.

Lay their stoned, drooling unable to get up.  Then just be like a cat, when you have you use to the toilet just roll over and let it go.

Is that how you were when you tried cannabis? I've not seen anyone horizontal and drooling. Have you?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

pot heads will be wetting their pants about now .....    lol

Hardly. Those who care already have their sources; it won't change their life.

The sandbox tourists areas, if that comes, will be inundated with arrivals. Once that cash starts rolling in every province in the country will be petitioning for their own sandbox.

Legalization everywhere it has happened follows the same course of events. Money talks nobody walks.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Hardly. Those who care already have their sources; it won't change their life.

The sandbox tourists areas, if that comes, will be inundated with arrivals. Once that cash starts rolling in every province in the country will be petitioning for their own sandbox.

Legalization everywhere it has happened follows the same course of events. Money talks nobody walks.

Just imagine if sewerage systems were designed properly to provide clean chemical free fertiliser for growing hemp and recreational pot then we could call them "potty boxes" instead of "sandboxes".With the amount of products that can be made from hemp from building materials to plastics to make cars and oils to fuel those cars it would do more for the planet than any pot infused skincare products often mentioned and all some people can say is some people might get stoned, how little imagination some people have!The paper alone would make it worth the effort.In 6 months you can grow enough paper to supply the world and not tie up land for 20 years.Imagine all the rainforests that could be regenerated from this.Open your minds to the endless possibilities of this plant and think outside of the tiny sandbox of one's imagination.I've literally used bulls**t to grow the stuff with amazing results there was also the some waste from our eco dunny that was also used.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

On 1/25/2022 at 6:20 AM, steven100 said:

pot heads will be wetting their pants about now .....    lol

You comment is both speculative and complete with a derogatory term. I suppose those who drink alcohol are all "drunkerds".