Thai FDA speeds up Cannabis Act enactment, cannabis “sandboxes” proposed for recreational use

webfact

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

That’s a step in the right direction if they implement certain areas for smokers and not just cultivating low THC tat. I’m neither a smoker nor a pothead but having a choice would be cool. 

It all sounds a bit crazy to me, if they only have certain 'sandboxes' that means those that are not tourists and fancy a smoke, will either have to travel away from home, and with the carnage on Thai roads increasing, that is not an option for many,  or move. I can see land prices escalating in those areas this is all about the $$$$$$ to be made.

No tegridy whatsoever.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Your carnage on the roads is a bit strange given that alcohol is far worse when driving .

I agree 100% the point i was making if you read my post, is, you will be risking your life, to travel there and back just so one can legally have a smoke. Sorry if i was not clear, the carnage on the roads is increasing. Fact.

I did not suggest smokers will make it worse than it already is, drunk or sober Thai drivers are the worst in the world if all deaths were included that die in hospital or even weeks/months later from injuries. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

I agree 100% the point i was making if you read my post, is, you will be risking your life, to travel there and back just so one can legally have a smoke. Sorry if i was not clear, the carnage on the roads is increasing. Fact.

I did not suggest smokers will make it worse than it already is, drunk or sober Thai drivers are the worst in the world if all deaths were included that die in hospital or even weeks/months later from injuries. 

Yea this plan is far from perfect, anyway lets see what happens. Big talk usually.. little action. This might die.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

It won't work, obviously.

Tourist partakes in sandbox, walks outside of sandbox, police drug test and shakedown. Thong Lor police salivating.

Someone's idiot nephew thought it would be cool to mention a sandbox. Usually littered with dog and cat feces. (Yes, we all know about software/app sandboxes.)

You can't have the law of the land suspended based on geographic location? (Unless you grant yourselves emergency powers of course.)

One wonders if there will be a prostitution sandbox, I mean other than the entire country.

But surely it would be a "CannaBox" ..........................LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Indeed you have a clear view of things, but people see those who use pot as potheads and dangerous while alcohol users are not seen that way.

The truth is that moderate use of both is not a problem (combined might be). But most alcohol users have a wrong image of pot users. I see no harm in use of either as long as you don't take partake in traffic when under the influence. Also people should be free to use as long as they don't bother others. Live and let live. But that does not seem to be the case with alcohol users on this forum. They see pot users as dangerous while research shows a different image.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/we-took-a-scientific-look-at-whether-weed-or-alcohol-is-worse-for-you-and-there-appears-to-be-a-winner-a8056186.html

Marijuana appears to be significantly less addictive than alcohol

Close to half of all adults have tried marijuana at least once, making it one of the most widely used illegal drugs — yet research suggests that a relatively small percentage of people become addicted.

For a 1994 survey, epidemiologists at the National Institute on Drug Abuse asked more than 8,000 people from ages 15 to 64 about their drug use. Of those who had tried marijuana at least once, roughly 9% eventually fit a diagnosis of addiction. For alcohol, the figure was about 15%. To put that in perspective, the addiction rate for cocaine was 17%, while heroin was 23% and nicotine was 32%.

Addiction is possibly related to availability 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

FDA Secretary-General Dr. Paisan Dankhum said the FDA's bill would allow people to grow cannabis for their own consumption on the condition that they must report the cultivation to their respective provincial administrative organisations. Household consumption would be for medical purposes only.

Those who wish to be involved in commercial cultivation, import, export, sales and advertisements of cannabis will need FDA's approval.

The bill set a jail term of three years and/or a fine of 30,000 baht for wrongdoers.

<The current equivalent punishment is five years and 100,000.>

Report the growing of household weed is a joke!  Doesn't this guy know how many older people (typically women) are growing plants for their small villages use now?  Especially up in N Thailand!

Let the gov clean up the air first!  This affects more people than smoking / consuming weed ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Virt said:

I just thought it was weird, since i thought Thailand had some very strict rules.

It's just stupid as it is now that cannabis are "tolerated" in so many countries, but the revenue end in the hands of criminals.

Some gov's are taxing the product too much and the black market / illegal weed is still ahead of the legal weed.  I'd like to know how this is in Canada ...

Soon Mexico will decriminalize marijuana to ... 

• Haha 1

How do police check for "impaired" driving under the influence of marijuana?  It stays in the blood system for 3-5 days I believe.  I don't want my taxi driver or airplane pilot being high ...  Police well maybe ???? ... 

I would much rather have some weed before sleep than alcohol ... 

• Haha 1

Just now, HaoleBoy said:

How do police check for "impaired" driving under the influence of marijuana?  It stays in the blood system for 3-5 days I believe.  I don't want my taxi driver or airplane pilot being high ...  Police well maybe ???? ... 

I would much rather have some weed before sleep than alcohol ... 

I love weed dreams.

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Maybe but any user that can be persuaded from the violence inciting drug alcohol with far harsher effects on the body to pot is great. Though not so great for their diet ???? But then again i rather see a pot user assault a mars bar then a violent drunk assault his wife.

Ah, so they might develop a pot belly...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Paulaew said:

Hey buddy, I might be old, but I grew up in the 1960's and we ingested more drugs than you can imagine. How do you think the drug culture got started? We're lucky we survived to be this old ...

Paul Laew

A lot .. not all. And im Dutch so what do you think that i don't know drugs ????

Actually, i could care less what kind of drugs people use (as long as they don't bother others) or operate  vehicles while under the influence. 

For myself i decided against pot as it gives me a POT belly like @Bluespunk said. I just can't control myself once i use pot.

Does not work well with trying to stay on a healthy weight and working out a lot. Besides that i loved pot as it helped me against insomia. Now struggling again with it but decided i hate a pot belly more ????

• Like 1