Anyone renew an O/A visa this month

23 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

I should know in a few weeks if Bangkok approves the remaining 11-months on the extension application.

If living in Phuket or elsewhere in the south of the country it will be approved by Immigration Division 6 in Hat Yai. Only applications done in Bangkok are approved there.

It will be approved without a problem if it is accepted by immigration. If there was any problem your application they would contact you to get it sorted out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

If living in Phuket or elsewhere in the south of the country it will be approved by Immigration Division 6 in Hat Yai. Only applications done in Bangkok are approved there.

It will be approved without a problem if it is accepted by immigration. If there was any problem your application they would contact you to get it sorted out.

Thanks for that.

The immigration officer(s) were very polite.  A massive contrast to last year, where they were very stressed due to the large number of COVID extensions they were handling.  This year the Immigration office was no where near as crowded.

They work quite late in the Phuket office - and given my wife and I did not show up until late in the afternoon, we were fortunate immigration still processed us.

I  was the last foreigner (with my Thai wife) to leave the Phuket office on a Friday afternoon, long after the nominal closing time. One of the IOs told us that it is very common for many of the Phuket Immigration secretaries to be working to 9:00pm or so in the evening (most days) processing the large amount of paperwork.

Edited by oldcpu
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2022 at 2:03 PM, Brer said:

Hi Jim

Sorry I could not get back to you earlier I have been off the air.

I renewed the existing policy I had with LMG for a total sum of 440000 which also included cover for Covid-19 disease.

The cost was 7700baht.

It was accepted by Nong Khai immigration with no questions asked so my O/A visa was granted a one year extension from 02/03/2022.

LMG did over coverage for 3million baht and advised me to check with my local immigration office on their requirement I took a punt on only 440000baht which was duly accepted by the immigration officer.

I have to get insurance and I was wondering if you could send me a link to LMG

I have to get a Type O-A visa extension in March for retirement at Jomtien Beach Immigration

On 3/1/2022 at 1:59 PM, Jack 0009 said:

I have to get insurance and I was wondering if you could send me a link to LMG

I have to get a Type O-A visa extension in March for retirement at Jomtien Beach Immigration

Email this lady at LMG.

She is my contact there 

[email protected]

She will send you through rates etc and payment methods.

The policy is virtually useless though.

• Like 2