In uk, 54, want to be on retirement visa in Thailand. What's easiest way?

On 1/26/2022 at 12:49 PM, Grecian said:

Oh! shows how dumb I am!!! I thought I had to apply in country! Hahaha

He gave U a bum steer. Applying in the UK is the worst way to do it. 

Come as a tourist, then just read up the appropriate threads in here, where everything has been asked and answered thousands of times.

On 1/27/2022 at 4:47 AM, treetops said:

In practice the State Pension is not required (I got the visa without it), and they accept insurance for 30 days.

That's useful to know. I was basing my comments also on the fact that a friend was refused a non-O although he had a British Airways pension, because he was too young for the state pension. That was several years back, pre-covid, so hopefully things have changed. Also it was pre the online application process; he was at the London Embassy.

Edited by DoctorB
Clarification.

On 1/27/2022 at 5:21 AM, ubonjoe said:

That is is what the heading for it states. But the 2nd line states this.

"Financial evidence e.g. A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000"

Source: https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84508-non-immigrant-visas?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

Yes Joe, wouldn't it be nice if their bureaucratic formulations were internally consistent. I just assumed that the requirement for a state pension was an over-riding condition to which the means of demonstrating income was subordinate. But you are quite right. If you just need to show £10,000 in the bank for 3 months the pension bit is irrelevant. Also, why is the insurance requirement stated as USD 100,000? Is this just a failure to update the site properly in line with the current Pass requirement, or am I missing something??