covid Visa extension Denied

6 hours ago, sallecc said:

Will this rule affect those who entered on Tourist visa, but later changed to Volunteer visa ('agent assisted')?

I'm sure there are lots of folks with this scenario... I entered 2020/01 and again 2020/03 on Tourist visa, then 2020/09 got Volunteer visa (via agent), then 2020/12 got 1 year VV extension, and last month 2021/12 VV expired and I got 1st Covid extension (via agent), expiring next month... Hope to get another Covid extension.

Have you received any advice from agent who facilitated Volunteer Visa re. possibilities? The feedlback I've received from mine is extremely bad news. Will ask local IO tomorrow and update on the relevant thread. Not gotten as much traffic as hoped so not sure what experience others are having...

8 hours ago, freesudani said:

i got only 7 days to leave the country

With that stamp in your passport, you may find that the best an agent can do is a (dodgy) 30 to 90 day "medical" extension. Talk to a few agents to see what they can do.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, James Bernard said:

Have you received any advice from agent who facilitated Volunteer Visa re. possibilities? The feedlback I've received from mine is extremely bad news. Will ask local IO tomorrow and update on the relevant thread. Not gotten as much traffic as hoped so not sure what experience others are having...

I didn't ask any agent yet... My 1st Covid extension (after VV) expires Feb/18 so I'll first wait and see what happens. I think pretty soon we will hear about brand new visa solutions from our agents, after they negotiate new deals with IO's. I'm pretty sure all of them are very busy now ???? And surely will come with ever increasing prices of course, same like each new version of mobile phone ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, sallecc said:

Will this rule affect those who entered on Tourist visa, but later changed to Volunteer visa ('agent assisted')?

I'm sure there are lots of folks with this scenario... I entered 2020/01 and again 2020/03 on Tourist visa, then 2020/09 got Volunteer visa (via agent), then 2020/12 got 1 year VV extension, and last month 2021/12 VV expired and I got 1st Covid extension (via agent), expiring next month... Hope to get another Covid extension.

I remember that time (end of September 2020) very well. There were a lot of provocateurs here on TV who created a panic stating in every thread that no more amnesty will be given and everybody should just go home asap. Then a lot of nervous guys just left the country in a hurry and some others applied for expensive Volunteer visa. I am glad I held my nerve back then.

Edited by Sunnny
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, sallecc said:

I didn't ask any agent yet... My 1st Covid extension (after VV) expires Feb/18 so I'll first wait and see what happens. I think pretty soon we will hear about brand new visa solutions from our agents, after they negotiate new deals with IO's. I'm pretty sure all of them are very busy now ???? And surely will come with ever increasing prices of course, same like each new version of mobile phone ????

Yes they are indeed working on new options! I will try myself tomorrow - have only ever wanted/needed Non-O Thai Child Dependent Visa. Request ext as alternative. Will update.

Guest Isaanlife
4 hours ago, bestie said:

To get a new ED Visa he has to leave the country anyway to get a new one at the thai embassy. He can’t renew it inside the country. I would try to stay on the Covid extension don’t get on overstay. 

A Ed Visa isn’t cheap , a private school can take 20 - 30k baht for a year, than he has to pay 1,900 baht every 90 days. + every year a trip out of Thailand . Around 1K US Dollars a year for a student.That isn’t cheap. 

Or course it is cheap. $1k dollars = 30,000 baht.

That is only 2,500 baht a month for a year

How cheap do you think it should be?

5 hours ago, freesudani said:

The 7 day extension would have cost me 1900 baht , and if i apply for it , then an agent probably wont be help me.

That's not how it works.  You apply for the 30 day extension for 1900 baht and it is then denied and you are given 7 days to leave.

There is no 7 day extension. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ericthai said:

That's not how it works.  You apply for the 30 day extension for 1900 baht and it is then denied and you are given 7 days to leave.

It depends. If you've already applied for the 30 day extension to a tourist visa, you can apply for a 7 day extension after if that's all you're qualified for. That's how it worked pre-covid anyway.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Stated with lot of confidence.

I certainly would not state "no problem" at this stage.

@ThaiVisaCentre any early thoughts on options for folk such as this OP. 

We can help a few more cases like this still, but the clock is ticking.

We wont be able to do it in a week if you're still on non-immigrant, or a non-immigrant based covid extension.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Caldera said:

I guess you mean March 2020, but in any case, Covid extensions didn't start right away, because of the initial "amnesty".

Sorry, I meant March 2020 and not 2021. How long was the so-called 'amnesty'?

I remember Covid extension started sometime in 2020 so it's already a long time.

7 hours ago, nightfox said:

True, butt as I don't have the 400K in my bank, its cheaper to to a covid extension then pay an agent, plus my local immigration is very easy to deal with, very fast, they even fill the applications for me.

This covid extension is certainly easier to obtain than any marriage or retirement extension.

There is hardly any financial or other requirement just a 1900 baht fee for 6 times in a year.

Edited by EricTh

1 hour ago, Ohyesuare said:

It depends. If you've already applied for the 30 day extension to a tourist visa, you can apply for a 7 day extension after if that's all you're qualified for. That's how it worked pre-covid anyway.

There is an important distinction between an extension and a denied extension with 7 days to leave the country. Whenever you want to apply for an extension, but you do not qualify under any of the valid reasons, your extension request is denied, but you are not immediately on overstay. Instead, they give you 7 days to leave the country. As stated, there is no actual "7 day extension".

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ericthai said:

Exactly how much work do I need to get the extra 7 days ?

I'm on a 90 day O visa so don't qualify for the covid extension.  If I could wander into the Jomtien office, quickly confirm I can't get an extension and leave with 7 more days, that's time well spent.

If I've got to pfaff about for a couple of hours, with no hope of getting a COVID extension and no guarantee of even an extra 7 days, it's less attractive.   Also, how close to the visa expiry date should I leave this?   For instance, if I already have 1 week remaining, do they still give an additional 7 days ?

Hi, i entered Thailand on a 60 day TR visa, extended 30 days then Volunteer visa for 15 months, my last visa through agent was Covid 60 day extension, next visa due 20/2. Will i have a problem, just concerned with number of guys saying they will not be guaranteed another Covid 60 days.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Barry Morris said:

Hi, i entered Thailand on a 60 day TR visa, extended 30 days then Volunteer visa for 15 months, my last visa through agent was Covid 60 day extension, next visa due 20/2. Will i have a problem, just concerned with number of guys saying they will not be guaranteed another Covid 60 days.

Hi Barry, my situation is exactly the same as yours, mine is due Feb/18. It seems we will need to wait a bit to let it clears up. Some says it's OK since we entered on TR, other says we are doomed since our current status is Non-O. Personally I will wait and see the reports from similar cases who will apply for extension in these few weeks, and then see what solutions will be offered from agents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1