covid Visa extension Denied

3 minutes ago, freesudani said:

.....and told me no more extension will be granted for me and i got only 7 days to leave the country......

..very disappointing. 

Which immigration office? 

So what actually was stamped into passport? 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

What type of visa did you use for entry to the country.

If on a non immigrant visa that is why you did not get the extension under the new rules.

Will this rule affect those who entered on Tourist visa, but later changed to Volunteer visa ('agent assisted')?

I'm sure there are lots of folks with this scenario... I entered 2020/01 and again 2020/03 on Tourist visa, then 2020/09 got Volunteer visa (via agent), then 2020/12 got 1 year VV extension, and last month 2021/12 VV expired and I got 1st Covid extension (via agent), expiring next month... Hope to get another Covid extension.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sallecc said:

Will this rule affect those who entered on Tourist visa, but later changed to Volunteer visa ('agent assisted')?

Yes it does apply under the new rules.

When applied for the non-ed visa your tourist visa was changed to a non immigrant ED visa.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

When applied for the non-ed visa your tourist visa was changed to a non immigrant ED visa.

Thanks but my last visa was Volunteer (not ED) ???? I entered on Tourist visa (I thought new rule is about which visa I've entered, not which visa was the last active)? Sorry if I misunderstood something, thanks for reply!

2 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

A volunteer visa is Non-Immigrant.  Non-Immigrant visa holders can no longer apply for covid extension.

I thought the new rule is about which visa you entered with, not which visa was the last active... I entered on TR, then changed to VV, then got 1st CE (Tourist>Volunteer>Covid.ext.)... Anyway let's see what @ubonjoe says... I think we all need to wait for this to settle down and let's see what each I/O will do... or agents ????

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

if i came in on tourist visa and extended it 30 days and now got one covid extension am i still on a tourist visa?  i just got my covid extension ,  but would like 30 more days , so im hoping to go get another covid extension at some point,,,,,,,,,i think that point in time will be one month from now as every time i try to get covid extensions they are 60 days from the date i apply..........

20 minutes ago, sallecc said:

I thought the new rule is about which visa you entered with, not which visa was the last active... I entered on TR, then changed to VV, then got 1st CE (Tourist>Volunteer>Covid.ext.)... Anyway let's see what @ubonjoe says... I think we all need to wait for this to settle down and let's see what each I/O will do... or agents ????

Yes we need to wait and see but the wording says entering with a Non-O, ED, VOA etc.. and upon expiry, you cannot use a covid extension. The OP entered on an ED so his denial of a covid extension is no big surprise.

Edited by Ohyesuare

1 minute ago, yogi yogi said:

if i came in on tourist visa and extended it 30 days and now got one covid extension am i still on a tourist visa?  i just got my covid extension ,  but would like 30 more days , so im hoping to go get another covid extension at some point,,,,,,,,,i think that point in time will be one month from now as every time i try to get covid extensions they are 60 days from the date i apply..........

The order says people who entered on a TR visa and wish to get a COVID extension after using their 30 day extension can do so. You will have no problem.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

i think that point in time will be one month from now as every time i try to get covid extensions they are 60 days from the date i apply..

Many/most imm offices were dating extension from day of application for your first covid extension. 

Subsequent ones were dated from end of current permission of stay.

Recently helped a couple obtain first covid extension and that was dated from end of current permit.

The reason being that agent was used.

The other part of your post with concern about your next covid extension .....dont be concerned you will be able to obtain one. 

8 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Yes we need to wait and see but the wording says entering with a Non-O, ED, VOA etc.. and upon expiry, you cannot use a covid extension. The OP entered on an ED so his denial of a covid extension is no big surprise.

don't forget it says upon expiry of the initial 90 days, ie people who have not been able to get their full extension yet. So it might only apply for those people.

Youre not buying anything for it now but in a country where rules are changing "so now and then" it is better to take a bit more time if its concerning your Visa. Anyway, im sure some agent can help you. The only thing that is against you now is time. Good luck mate and go for it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, peter zwart said:

Youre not buying anything for it now but in a country where rules are changing "so now and then" it is better to take a bit more time if its concerning your Visa. Anyway, im sure some agent can help you. The only thing that is against you now is time. Good luck mate and go for it.

Actually if he went yesterday before the new order came into effect, he probably would have received the extension without issue. If the IO stamped he has 7 days to leave, I don't think even an agent can help at that point. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Actually if he went yesterday before the new order came into effect, he probably would have received the extension without issue. If the IO stamped he has 7 days to leave, I don't think even an agent can help at that point. 

I don't think he would want to spend 10 thousand baht just to extend a Covid extension.

Edited by EricTh
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Needs to talk with one, in private and not on a public forum 

• Thanks 1