covid Visa extension Denied

4 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Singapore... are you sure? I checked yesterday, normal tourists are not allowed, only some categories. There were special virus-free lanes with Thailand, no more. Indonesia is for sure still applying quarantine for nationals. Vietnam until recently was accepting only tourists with booked guided tours, certainly not "for years". Philippines should be ok from February, though I don't know how long they will let you stay at this time.

But indeed things are looking up.

Yep, absolutely sure, see the news and SG VTL website (attached photos).

Singapore is open for vaccinated short-term travellers from 25 countries (including Thailand) via VTL (Vaccinated Travel Lane), all you have to do is get vaccinated and buy VTL flight ticket (only 1k+ THB from BKK). My friends did it, and I'll do it if Thailand doesn't want out money.

You get 90 day stamp on arrival and can go to Malaysia by land (VTL bus) after 14 days, and by a month or two surely others will open too (Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, etc...).

There is also ATP (Air Travel Pass) for travelers from Taiwan, HK, Macao, China.

High season is ending and Thailand decided to kick out the only foreigners who would stay here during low season, these guys are geniuses (slow clap) ????

Screenshot_20220130-134514_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220130-134906_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220130-133749_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

so,if i understand it all right
You can go Cambodia trhough air only and apply for a new NON-O visa Marry (90 day)
Then go back to Thailand and take the Test N Go
My concern is that i need also the Thailandpass.Or can i apply for that BEFORE i go to Cambodia

My current stay is till 19 March
I have 2 options:
1.Go back to my country (europe) and start all over again with my NON-O
2.Go to Cambodia (or other country) and get a new NON-O marry visa there|
(not have the financial sources to apply for 1 year)

Am i correct?
I also hope the TestNGo will be 1 day and test (now 2 day + test)
I also dont know if PnomPenh embassy Thailand provide at this stage a new NON-O
any suggestions
Thanks all

40 minutes ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

so,if i understand it all right
You can go Cambodia trhough air only and apply for a new NON-O visa Marry (90 day)
Then go back to Thailand and take the Test N Go
My concern is that i need also the Thailandpass.Or can i apply for that BEFORE i go to Cambodia
My current stay is till 19 March
I have 2 options:
1.Go back to my country (europe) and start all over again with my NON-O
2.Go to Cambodia (or other country) and get a new NON-O marry visa there|
(not have the financial sources to apply for 1 year)
Am i correct?
I also hope the TestNGo will be 1 day and test (now 2 day + test)
I also dont know if PnomPenh embassy Thailand provide at this stage a new NON-O
any suggestions
Thanks all

You would probably only be able to get single entry non-o visa at the majority if embassies and consulate. I assume you were probably getting multiple entry non-o visas before.

You can start the Thailand Pass application before leaving the country.

1. and 2. Yes but as I wrote it would only be a single entry non-o visa.

The Test & Go now requires two covid 19 tests after entering the country and you have to stay in a SHA++ hotel when the 2nd one is done.

The embassy in Phnom Penh would more and likely only do a single entry non-o visa.

Thanks Ubon Joe

I always got a Non-O single marry visa (also in my country)
Thats is enough.90 days + 60 days extension (visiting my wife)..which brings me total legal till 5 month after entree.After that period i will do same till i have the real funds to apply for 1 year marry visa (400.000 or 40.000 p.month)

So i assume that the AIR borders are open to Cambodia + the Thai embassy provide single NON-O marry visa?
If i go back to my country which have a Covid number of 70-80000 per day + the costs of going back to europe and long flight + i want go back to my wife,it will cost me a lot more

Also maybe there comes a option that the land borders are open and hop over and back.
But for the time beiing this is not possible right now
I must need a Cambodia visa as well

Thx Ubon J

35 minutes ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

Also maybe there comes a option that the land borders are open and hop over and back.
But for the time beiing this is not possible right now
I must need a Cambodia visa as well

Yes, Cambodia needs a visa, and negative covid test, etc.  You can get the visa online. Covid insurance not required, but recommended, as hospitals may be expensive.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/cambodia/entry-requirements

Edited by audaciousnomad

1 hour ago, audaciousnomad said:

Yes, Cambodia needs a visa, and negative covid test, etc.  You can get the visa online. Covid insurance not required, but recommended, as hospitals may be expensive.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/cambodia/entry-requirements

I can get the Cambodia tourist visa online right?
But can i get the NON-O single marry visa through the so called  E-VISA???
I am dutch but i am currently NOT in Netherland
If i go in person to the Thai embassy in Pnompemh do i need a appointment???
I never done this before in Cambodia
I hope i have the correct papers

thx

5 minutes ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

I can get the Cambodia tourist visa online right?
But can i get the NON-O single marry visa through the so called  E-VISA???
I am dutch but i am currently NOT in Netherland
If i go in person to the Thai embassy in Pnompemh do i need a appointment???
I never done this before in Cambodia
I hope i have the correct papers

thx

Don't mix the two.
Cambodia Visa can be done online here: https://www.evisa.gov.kh/
NON-O marry visa, you need to go to the Thai Consulate Phnom Penh. https://phnompenh.thaiembassy.org/en/page/cate-7962-visa-to-thailand?menu=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a2

Edited by audaciousnomad

The Philippines reopens to double vaxxed from quite a few countries including Thailand just in case. Visa waiver for most Euros 30 days extendable for 30 more upon arrival at the airport. 

I personally will go either there or SG depending on overall expenses. Accomodation in SG is very expensive so a round trip to PH might be better if no land border crossing is not allowed by mid March. The dream situation of course would be the reopening of the Malaysian or Laotian land borders for an old-school border run.

Edited by VictorInBKK

19 minutes ago, zugzug123 said:

my agent just informed me that immigration has suspended covid extensions.

That's awfully vague. All Covid extensions, or just those not covered under the new rules effective last week? Where is that agent located / which immigration office were they using?

47 minutes ago, zugzug123 said:

my agent just informed me that immigration has suspended covid extensions.

Depending on your local immigration office,

• if in Thailand on a Non Immigrant entry, Covid extensions will be impossible or difficult to get.
  • If already in Thailand for many months on a tourist entry, Covid extensions will vary from very difficult to pretty easy to get.
  • If in Thailand on a tourist entry, but only for two to three months, it should not be difficult to get a Covid extension before March 26 at most offices.

I have to say that I've been using this agent for a while now and they always came through with covid extensions, it is quite a shock that they are not able to do it anymore... I hope that there will still be other agents who can still do a covid extension at a reasonable price (~7k THB)

6 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

So, is it fair to say that CW is not doing Covid extensions anymore? Since tourists and exempt entries in Bangkok are being handled at MTT.

Those with an actual tourist visa need to go to CW, not MTT.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi , went to Koh Phangan Immigration on 4/2 to check my situation, they told me ok for another 60 day covid, went back today, everything changed during the week, no covid extension, my visa runs out Monday 14/2. Local agent wants 17,500 to arrange another 60 day covid. Anyone else same problem, any better solutions...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Barry Morris said:

Hi , went to Koh Phangan Immigration on 4/2 to check my situation, they told me ok for another 60 day covid, went back today, everything changed during the week, no covid extension, my visa runs out Monday 14/2. Local agent wants 17,500 to arrange another 60 day covid. Anyone else same problem, any better solutions...

Are you in Thailand on a tourist entry or on a Non Immigrant entry?

1 hour ago, Barry Morris said:

Only other solution would be go to another province, check into a hotel for a night to get a TM30 update, then apply for an extension.  If they said OK on 4/2...why didn't you opt to apply that day?

8 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Only other solution would be go to another province, check into a hotel for a night to get a TM30 update, then apply for an extension.  If they said OK on 4/2...why didn't you opt to apply that day?

Im sure his record is on every immigration office.I dont think it helps to go to another province.

37 minutes ago, stigar said:

Im sure his record is on every immigration office.I dont think it helps to go to another province.

The only thing in their records are entries and extensions of stay. A officer saying they cannot apply at a office will not be in their records.

On 1/30/2022 at 1:59 PM, sallecc said:

Yep, absolutely sure, see the news and SG VTL website (attached photos).

Singapore is open for vaccinated short-term travellers from 25 countries (including Thailand) via VTL (Vaccinated Travel Lane), all you have to do is get vaccinated and buy VTL flight ticket (only 1k+ THB from BKK). My friends did it, and I'll do it if Thailand doesn't want out money.

You get 90 day stamp on arrival and can go to Malaysia by land (VTL bus) after 14 days, and by a month or two surely others will open too (Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, etc...).

There is also ATP (Air Travel Pass) for travelers from Taiwan, HK, Macao, China.

High season is ending and Thailand decided to kick out the only foreigners who would stay here during low season, these guys are geniuses (slow clap) ????

Screenshot_20220130-134514_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220130-134906_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220130-133749_Chrome.jpg

Indeed, I just tried. Either it has changed recently, or I misread it. anyway good to know. thanks.

35 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The only thing in their records are entries and extensions of stay. A officer saying they cannot apply at a office will not be in their records.

Okay.So in a way people can almost shopping an extension until they find an officer who extend he visa.Scary system!!!!Would never ever work in US or europe.If your rejected its in the records in the whole IMM system.

2 minutes ago, stigar said:

Okay.So in a way people can almost shopping an extension until they find an officer who extend he visa.Scary system!!!!Would never ever work in US or europe.If your rejected its in the records in the whole IMM system.

He did not get a official denial of his extension. He was only told they would not do one.

If a application was accepted and then denied after paying the 1900 baht fee a 7 days to leave the country stamp would be done and that that would be in their records.