covid Visa extension Denied

50 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Actually if he went yesterday before the new order came into effect, he probably would have received the extension without issue. If the IO stamped he has 7 days to leave, I don't think even an agent can help at that point.

Actually i went to the immigration office yesterday , and they told me to come tomorrow ,  and i dont think it makes much of a difference coz they would have given me an "under consideration" stamp for one month then reject giving me an extension anyway .

54 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Let's look at it this way, Thai immi is already too generous in approving your extension for almost two years 

You already knew long ago that this is going to be temporary and should have a plan B.

I acknowledge that ,  what i was objecting to is they told me this in the last minute , which instantly put me on an overstay .

4 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

OP, if you really want to stay here, start contacting agents today, ASAP. 

There is no guarantee that they can help, but every minute you wait for is a waste of the short time you have to act.

Good luck!

Already did , she told me if they can do it (and thats a big IF) , will cost me atleast 9000 baht for two month extension , the only option left for me now is to leave immediately .

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, freesudani said:

Already did , she told me if they can do it (and thats a big IF) , will cost me atleast 9000 baht for two month extension , the only option left for me now is to leave immediately .

You haven’t got 9000 baht?

Maybe you should go home if you haven’t got 300 bucks to your name 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, freesudani said:

Maybe ur he first denaid,but u want be the last.Im sorry for this,but what can you do.Im sure they will reject many more the coming week.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

You haven’t got 9000 baht?

Maybe you should go home if you haven’t got 300 bucks to your name 

my point  its not guaranteed , and for only two months. and if it failed i have to pay more for overstaying , better leave  and come back another time. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, freesudani said:

my point  its not guaranteed , and for only two months. and if it failed i have to pay more for overstaying , better leave  and come back another time. 

Maybe try another agent? Is there any possibility of obtaining a longer term extension than the 60 day Covid?

7 minutes ago, HampiK said:

For me it would be a pain in the ass to go to Immigration that many times.
With extension based on marriage you have to go 2 times and then you safe for 1 year. With covid Extension you had to go 6-12 times for 1 year.

True, butt as I don't have the 400K in my bank, its cheaper to to a covid extension then pay an agent, plus my local immigration is very easy to deal with, very fast, they even fill the applications for me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Maybe try another agent? Is there any possibility of obtaining a longer term extension than the 60 day Covid?

Yeah, different agents have different extensions they can offer you. Some will only have covid extensions right now, some are still doing conversion to Non-O or whatever.

it’s no problem, just shop around. Grace is great, but she isn’t the only agent in Thailand 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, freesudani said:

It all depends how much you want to stay. You don't seem desperate to stay but you want more time. If it was me, I would pay the 9000 for two more months and then prepare to leave. Or cut out the agent and go back to immigration yourself and plead your case that you need more time than 7 days to sort your affairs before leaving and they might suggest some option$, you never know. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, freesudani said:

The 7 day extension would have cost me 1900 baht , and if i apply for it , then an agent probably wont be help me.

You think it's easier for them to help you when you're on overstay? I don't follow that logic. Only puts you in a position to be extorted for more or you could find yourself in the IDC and deported.

To get a new ED Visa he has to leave the country anyway to get a new one at the thai embassy. He can’t renew it inside the country. I would try to stay on the Covid extension don’t get on overstay. 

A Ed Visa isn’t cheap , a private school can take 20 - 30k baht for a year, than he has to pay 1,900 baht every 90 days. + every year a trip out of Thailand . Around 1K US Dollars a year for a student.That isn’t cheap. 

2 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

Nothing new for me as I always said that covid extensions wouldn't be granted 4ever. There are people that are abusing from this kind of extension to stay in thailand

What visa on offer is for ever ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ohyesuare said:

You think it's easier for them to help you when you're on overstay? I don't follow that logic. Only puts you in a position to be extorted for more or you could find yourself in the IDC and deported.

No , i went and sought a lawyer counseling the same day.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, EricTh said:

He said 'since beginning of pandemic' which is March 2021. 

That would be 11 Covid extensions by now.

I guess you mean March 2020, but in any case, Covid extensions didn't start right away, because of the initial "amnesty".

6 hours ago, sallecc said:

Will this rule affect those who entered on Tourist visa, but later changed to Volunteer visa ('agent assisted')?

I'm sure there are lots of folks with this scenario... I entered 2020/01 and again 2020/03 on Tourist visa, then 2020/09 got Volunteer visa (via agent), then 2020/12 got 1 year VV extension, and last month 2021/12 VV expired and I got 1st Covid extension (via agent), expiring next month... Hope to get another Covid extension.

Have you received any advice from agent who facilitated Volunteer Visa re. possibilities? The feedlback I've received from mine is extremely bad news. Will ask local IO tomorrow and update on the relevant thread. Not gotten as much traffic as hoped so not sure what experience others are having...

6 hours ago, sallecc said:

Will this rule affect those who entered on Tourist visa, but later changed to Volunteer visa ('agent assisted')?

I'm sure there are lots of folks with this scenario... I entered 2020/01 and again 2020/03 on Tourist visa, then 2020/09 got Volunteer visa (via agent), then 2020/12 got 1 year VV extension, and last month 2021/12 VV expired and I got 1st Covid extension (via agent), expiring next month... Hope to get another Covid extension.

Have you received any advice from agent who facilitated Volunteer Visa re. possibilities? The feedlback I've received from mine is extremely bad news. Will ask local IO tomorrow and update on the relevant thread. Not gotten as much traffic as hoped so not sure what experience others are having...