covid Visa extension Denied

48 minutes ago, ifmu said:

hmm  so my  non o to visit thai wife  will not work for next covid ext ?  

thanks

If you entered the country with a non-o visa you will not be able to apply for new 60 day covid 19 extension. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Caldera said:

Marriages fail, spouses die, both would end the ability to extend. As some have learned the hard way, and not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to transition to another kind of extension (based on children, work or retirement) right away. 

if spouse die you can marry again with a new lady, easy

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

There are foreigners that are using annual marriage extension since many years so why it shouldn't be forever?

Just make sure your wife does not pass away! Or leaves you! Or they change the amount or other rules!???? Cheers!

1 hour ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

7 day stamp usually voids your current visa, and starts the day of being stamped.

Its a stamp most NEVER want to get, as you MUST leave the country in 7 days.

The only possible exception is a medical extension, right?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

7 day stamp usually voids your current visa, and starts the day of being stamped.

Its a stamp most NEVER want to get, as you MUST leave the country in 7 days.

Not my case. March 2020 I was given 7 days stamp but a couple of days later I got ‘under consideration’ stamp and stayed in the country.

Edited by Sunnny
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sunnny said:

Not my case. March 2020 I was given 7 days stamp but a couple of days later I got ‘under consideration’ stamp and stayed in the country.

In very rare circumstances, the 7-day order to leave stamp can be cancelled. In March 2020, exceptional conditions prevailed which is why you were probably able to get it done.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 2

OP, at the risk of being shot down by the pro-extension brigade, I am a bit surprised by your complaint that you have only 7 days to prepare to leave. From reading many posts on this theme recently, I had the impression that nobody could be 100% sure to be covid-extended at this time. Hadn't you made at least some plans?

• Like 1

The new rules for covid extensions have started. People on VOA and Non Immigrant visas are reporting they have been refused a covid extension and have been told to leave the country within 7 days. There may be some exceptions, but it’s up to the discretion of the officer [1/2]

Immigration are mainly giving the 60-day covid extensions to tourists. For example, those who have a Tourist Visa or who came in on a free visa exemption. In both cases you must extend for 30 days before applying for covid stamp. But no guarantees. You have to give a good reason.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1486654670428782596

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

The new rules for covid extensions have started. People on VOA and Non Immigrant visas are reporting they have been refused a covid extension and have been told to leave the country within 7 days. There may be some exceptions, but it’s up to the discretion of the officer [1/2]

Immigration are mainly giving the 60-day covid extensions to tourists. For example, those who have a Tourist Visa or who came in on a free visa exemption. In both cases you must extend for 30 days before applying for covid stamp. But no guarantees. You have to give a good reason.

There you go..as expected.Time to start packing for some people.

8 hours ago, Barry Morris said:

Hi, i entered Thailand on a 60 day TR visa, extended 30 days then Volunteer visa for 15 months, my last visa through agent was Covid 60 day extension, next visa due 20/2. Will i have a problem, just concerned with number of guys saying they will not be guaranteed another Covid 60 days.

It is unlikely that you will get a further Covid extension without using an agent. There may be a few friendly immigration offices where you would be lucky, but (without question) you are on a Non Immigrant entry and not entitled to a Covid extension under the intention of the updated rules.

6 hours ago, BritTim said:

The only possible exception is a medical extension, right?

Yes, but you will need to be in a very serious medical situation, and the hospital would need to coordinate with immigration, and obtain this extension.

(think car crash, coma, or about to pass on into the next life)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Yes, but you will need to be in a very serious medical situation, and the hospital would need to coordinate with immigration, and obtain this extension.

Do you happen to know the minimum seniority level of the official who must sign off on the extension under these exceptional circumstances?

45 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Are you able to clarify that if you entered on a TR visa and then switched to a Non-O ED, Volunteer whatever and then back to COVID extensions, can you still get a COVID extension with your company?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ohyesuare said:

Are you able to clarify that if you entered on a TR visa and then switched to a Non-O ED, Volunteer whatever and then back to COVID extensions, can you still get a COVID extension with your company?

I think the important thing is that you can switch to a Non Immigrant entry from a tourist entry (by applying for a visa at Immigration) but you cannot go the other way, from a Non Immigrant entry to a tourist entry. Things like Covid extensions or medical extensions do not affect the underlying type of your entry (tourist vs Non Immigrant).

8 hours ago, anchadian said:

Watch for reports from Phuket.  They have been rubber-stamping all the covid extensions.  If they start to get tough then I'd bet the extensions really are done for.

On 1/26/2022 at 10:44 PM, Isaanlife said:

Or course it is cheap. $1k dollars = 30,000 baht.

That is only 2,500 baht a month for a year

How cheap do you think it should be?

it depends on how you look at it. Compared to an elite visa or on how much education should cost.

At the end ,in OP case and others who came on an ED, B Visa and who went on with the Covid extension, because they were hoping to get a new ED or B Visa as soon as the border would be open.....It will not make their bank account smaller.  To say like “you stayed here to long on covid extension, leave“.. is like saying to all these private school teachers, “well we cant pay you this month“ The money he paid went direct to the school and that's what's been over looking. sad. 

In the case of tourists already in the country. At the end of the 60-day period for permission to stay in the Kingdom, this time they must leave the country. Or if there is a necessity to stay, there are able to submit an application to stay in accordance with the laws, regulations, and rules set forth.

Anyone else agree that's about as clear as the muddy sewage polluting the chao praya river? :cheesy:

Edited by audaciousnomad
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

In the case of tourists already in the country. At the end of the 60-day period for permission to stay in the Kingdom, this time they must leave the country. Or if there is a necessity to stay, there are able to submit an application to stay in accordance with the laws, regulations, and rules set forth.

Anyone else agree that's about as clear as the muddy sewage polluting the chao praya river?

To anyone who has read the document that describes valid reasons for extensions to your permission to stay as "in case of necessity", the wording is pretty clear. For convenience, there is a link to that document in a pinned thread on this forum. See Immigration Order 327/2557 (2014)

To simplify: after your permission to stay as extended due to Covid ends, you will either need to leave or find another valid reason for an extension of stay.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BritTim said:

To anyone who has read the document that describes valid reasons for extensions to your permission to stay as "in case of necessity", the wording is pretty clear. For convenience, there is a link to that document in a pinned thread on this forum. See Immigration Order 327/2557 (2014)

To simplify: after your permission to stay as extended due to Covid ends, you will either need to leave or find another valid reason for an extension of stay.

So you are talking about the list of reason for extension on the "affidavit and other papers" we sign at the immigration for the covid extension?

So 'Pandemic is still ongoing back home & etc.' is good enough for another extension?

33 minutes ago, lolalol said:

So you are talking about the list of reason for extension on the "affidavit and other papers" we sign at the immigration for the covid extension?

No: open the document that I provided a link to. I am talking about all the standard reasons you can  use to justify your application for an extension of stay in Thailand, according to the update by Immigration in 2014. Technically, there have been some minor adjustments since, mainly affecting retirement extensions, but the document I linked lists all the necessities (reasons) you can cite for an extension of temporary stay in Thailand, together with the conditions that must be satisfied. . The Covid extensions are a temporary special extension type, offered by Immigration for a limited period because of exceptional conditions (Covid-19 epidemic) preventing people from leaving Thailand as usual at the end of their stay.

6 minutes ago, BritTim said:

No: open the document that I provided a link to. I am talking about all the standard reasons you can  use to justify your application for an extension of stay in Thailand, according to the update by Immigration in 2014. Technically, there have been some minor adjustments since, mainly affecting retirement extensions, but the document I linked lists all the necessities (reasons) you can cite for an extension of temporary stay in Thailand, together with the conditions that must be satisfied. . The Covid extensions are a temporary special extension type, offered by Immigration for a limited period because of exceptional conditions (Covid-19 epidemic) preventing people from leaving Thailand as usual at the end of their stay.

I read in the thaiger today that it will be hard to get CE from now on.You need a wery legimit reason for get 30 days CE.IMM is tigthening the grip now.I understand them because i see some people arriving on TR visa..and after change to ED,and then volunteer for just staying in thailand.The good times is over i think.

6 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Ah... I'm a bit confused....and worried.....

I have until late March to leave.  But according to the recent announcement I can apply for another extension.  So I can reapply for another one right? (entered via Tourist Visa)...

And when I apply for another extension in late March, I just need to fulfill some of the listings on affidavits of covid extension right?

What you are saying is for the people who want to stay in Thailand after the government stop issuing the covid extension right?

Or will I need to fulfill 'standard' reasons for my covid extension application in late march?...