covid Visa extension Denied

1 minute ago, stigar said:

I read in the thaiger today that it will be hard to get CE from now on.You need a wery legimit reason for get 30 days CE.IMM is tigthening the grip now.I understand them because i see some people arriving on TR visa..and after change to ED,and then volunteer for just staying in thailand.The good times is over i think.

Well, what about for someone who entered the country with tourist visa and didn't change visa type and continued getting covid extension??? Will things be different?

1 minute ago, lolalol said:

Well, what about for someone who entered the country with tourist visa and didn't change visa type and continued getting covid extension??? Will things be different?

I think it will be harder for everyone.Many countries open now for travelers and dont request quaranene anymore.Some don even request a covidest if ur vaccinated.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, stigar said:

I think it will be harder for everyone.Many countries open now for travelers and dont request quaranene anymore.Some don even request a covidest if ur vaccinated.

Well my destination country is still requesting mandatory quarantine & pre-departure covid test. Recently they have started asking for 48 hours pre departure test instead of 72 hours.

I know that there are many countries opening up and getting over with this pandemic.  But there are countries still not decided with which way to go.  I don't even think Thailand has made up its mind yet neither.  

Instead of rushing to kick people out, I think they should take it a little slower.   I read that in most countries current Covid wave will hit the next high sometime in February or March.  And sometime in April or May,  life will start to get back to normal.  Or maybe life must get back to normal.   

Regardless of severity of the pandemic, people like me are under the grace of government policy making.   

Just now, yogi yogi said:

news is out phillipines is opening up to tourist feb 10 .  30 days free from thailand. no visa.  IM OUTTA HERE.......thank you jesus mother of mary

game changer.  now the viets will copy phillipines in coming days .  watch

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lolalol said:

So you are talking about the list of reason for extension on the "affidavit and other papers" we sign at the immigration for the covid extension?

No

It is this on the first page of the immigration order that immigration uses to do the covid 19 extension.

image.png.41822924521fd2d106d923df518499b6.png

That is also why they have to be approved at higher level of immigration.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, sallecc said:

Yep... Singapore is already open, Malaysia and Indonesia soon, and Philippines and Vietnam too... Plenty of great places to enjoy for years... BTW, agent just quoted 15k for 2 months CE, "buy now before it's gone"... lol ????

Great news and good to be so positive too! 15,000 is what you would expect to pay for a 12 months extension. But maybe that's not the agent profiteering? 

Just now, The Fugitive said:

Great news and good to be so positive too! 15,000 is what you would expect to pay for a 12 months extension. But maybe that's not the agent profiteering? 

Yep I don't blame the agent much, definitely IO's upped their menu lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lolalol said:

Well my destination country is still requesting mandatory quarantine & pre-departure covid test. Recently they have started asking for 48 hours pre departure test instead of 72 hours.

I know that there are many countries opening up and getting over with this pandemic.  But there are countries still not decided with which way to go.  I don't even think Thailand has made up its mind yet neither.  

Instead of rushing to kick people out, I think they should take it a little slower.   I read that in most countries current Covid wave will hit the next high sometime in February or March.  And sometime in April or May,  life will start to get back to normal.  Or maybe life must get back to normal.   

Regardless of severity of the pandemic, people like me are under the grace of government policy making.   

I understand.When i went back o my country i had to provide a PCR-test maximum 24 hour before my fligth.It was ok until i checked in..it took 1 hour before they improved my papers.Even the application to my goverment that i had registrated my arrival they wanted to see.And more...

1 hour ago, yogi yogi said:

news is out phillipines is opening up to tourist feb 10 .  30 days free from thailand. no visa.  IM OUTTA HERE.......thank you jesus mother of mary

So how many people do they squeeze into a jeepney post Covid ? Send pics.

Not of the jeepney, send pics of the Saturday Arvo pool party at whatsitsnames. ????????????

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, lolalol said:

Ah... I'm a bit confused....and worried.....

I have until late March to leave.  But according to the recent announcement I can apply for another extension.  So I can reapply for another one right? (entered via Tourist Visa)...

And when I apply for another extension in late March, I just need to fulfill some of the listings on affidavits of covid extension right?

What you are saying is for the people who want to stay in Thailand after the government stop issuing the covid extension right?

Or will I need to fulfill 'standard' reasons for my covid extension application in late march?... 

If you are still on a tourist entry and do not encounter strict officials, you can probably get a further Covid extension. If you ever converted to a Non Immigrant entry, you will not get a Covid extension, and there are no guarantees even if still on a tourist entry.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 41632584 said:

A friend who entered Thailand with a Visa On Arrival (15 days) before the pandemic started has received an agent assisted Covid Extension since new regulations have come into force.

Have seen the stamp myself. No under consideration and dated after the 25th.

As the interpretation of current regulations remain in flux, and due to the person's dependence on such extensions, I am not at liberty to mention the immigration office nor any other identifying information.

However, I thought it might be helpful for people to know that (for now) options remain.

Thanks... Would be useful to know was your friend using Covid Extensions since 2020, or he switched to some agent's Non-O and then started CE's recently?

19 minutes ago, sallecc said:

Thanks... Would be useful to know was your friend using Covid Extensions since 2020, or he switched to some agent's Non-O and then started CE's recently?

There was no change to Non Immigrant category at any time. Since 2020, mainly continuous Covid Extensions with the odd Medical Extension thrown in.

1 hour ago, sallecc said:

Even with the assistance of an agent, it is impossible to switch to a Non O visa (or receive most kinds of extensions) when you enter Thailand using a visa on arrival.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

Even with the assistance of an agent, it is impossible to switch to a Non O visa (or receive most kinds of extensions) when you enter Thailand using a visa on arrival.

I see... Didn't know that, never used VE.

33 minutes ago, sallecc said:

I see... Didn't know that, never used VE.

Visa exempt entry is not the same as a visa on arrival. Some differences:

• For a visa on arrival, you must pay for the visa as you receive it, and you get a full page sticker in your passport. A visa exempt entry does not require a visa, and is, thus, free.
  • Nationals of countries eligible for visa exempt entry cannot get a visa on arrival (and it would be nonsensical for them to get one, even if allowed).
  • A visa exempt entry gives 30 days on initial entry, and can be easily extended for a further 30 days at immigration. A visa on arrival gives you a 15-day permission to stay, and cannot be extended under normal circumstances.
  • When you enter visa exempt, you can (under a number of circumstances) convert to a Non Immigrant entry by applying for a visa at Immigration in Thailand. That option is never available for those using a visa on arrival.
Edited by BritTim
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Visa exempt entry is not the same as a visa on arrival. Some differences:

• For a visa on arrival, you must pay for the visa as you receive it, and you get a full page sticker in your passport. A visa exempt entry does not require a visa, and is, thus, free.
  • Nationals of countries eligible for visa exempt entry cannot get a visa on arrival (and it would be nonsensical for them to get one.
  • A visa exempt entry gives 30 days on initial entry, and can be easily extended for a further 30 days at immigration. A visa on arrival gives you a 15-day permission to stay, and cannot be extended under normal circumstances.
  • When you enter visa exempt, you can (under a number of circumstances) convert to a Non Immigrant entry by applying for a visa at Immigration in Thailand. That option is never available for those using a visa on arrival.

Yep sorry I meant VoA... never used it, as well as VE.... Only TR's and odd dodgy VV last year lol.

Hope everything works out well for everybody here, but if we have to go, well... 2 great years in Phuket were more than enough now... Hello Singapore ???? and then Malaysia... and then Indonesia... and Philippines... and Vietnam... well, that's enough for couple of great years already, and I miss those places a lot ????

On 1/28/2022 at 3:20 PM, sallecc said:

Yep... Singapore is already open, Malaysia and Indonesia soon, and Philippines and Vietnam too... Plenty of great places to enjoy for years... BTW, agent just quoted 15k for 2 months CE, "buy now before it's gone"... lol ????

Singapore... are you sure? I checked yesterday, normal tourists are not allowed, only some categories. There were special virus-free lanes with Thailand, no more. Indonesia is for sure still applying quarantine for nationals. Vietnam until recently was accepting only tourists with booked guided tours, certainly not "for years". Philippines should be ok from February, though I don't know how long they will let you stay at this time.

But indeed things are looking up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arithai12 said:

Singapore... are you sure? I checked yesterday, normal tourists are not allowed, only some categories. There were special virus-free lanes with Thailand, no more. Indonesia is for sure still applying quarantine for nationals. Vietnam until recently was accepting only tourists with booked guided tours, certainly not "for years". Philippines should be ok from February, though I don't know how long they will let you stay at this time.

But indeed things are looking up.

Don't forget nextdoor neighbor Cambodia is open now too.