Yellow house book requires long term visa

17 hours ago, thaibook said:

I bought a condo but was not given a blue book, even one with no-name.  Do I get it fromt eh land office or the Amphur?

Usually issued by land office when you buy the condo, but otherwise local amphur could probably issue a new/replacement book.

21 hours ago, tjayrjaytajay said:

I recently updated my blue book which I had for 10 years for a yellow book because in the past they will not allow me to obtain a yellow book on a 60day tourist Visa now I am over 50 I have a non-immigration Visa they will allow me to have a yellow book I needed 2 Thai’s with their ID and there blue book, and your passport translated to Thai & ownership deeds my bluebook 3 photos it took about 4 weeks (because of Covid)  to process then I applied for a pink ID card, In the past the lady said to me that you could obtain a yellow book if you have a six month tourist visa, but the rules are getting tighter, 

thank you, gradually some light is starting to shine on htis opaque subject.  Life is so much more fun when rules are not written down and everyone may interpret them or vary them as they wish.

It is not relevant for teh vast majority of those on TV but I am still intrigued to know what happens to the blue book of someone who sells his condo.  Is it given to teh new owner or is a new blue book issued to the new owner and the former owner has to watch his blue book torn in half in public?

4 minutes ago, thaibook said:

It is not relevant for teh vast majority of those on TV but I am still intrigued to know what happens to the blue book of someone who sells his condo.  Is it given to teh new owner or is a new blue book issued to the new owner and the former owner has to watch his blue book torn in half in public?

when i bought my condo last year the blue book was just handed to me by the seller, no change of name

11 minutes ago, thaibook said:

The physical transfer of the blue book and the chanote to the buyer should be stated in the purchase and sale agreement. Don't pay until you get everything stated in the agreement.

On 1/29/2022 at 4:12 PM, ubonjoe said:

What good is a blue house book without his name in it.

A yellow house book would allow him to use it as proof of residence or to get a pink ID card.

Joe, so what you're saying is a blue book doesn't show a person's name, is that correct. If that's the case, why does my wife's blue book have her name and the rest of her family's names in it, and the address of their house & land.  I have to disagree with your reply as I also have a farang friend that owns his condo and he has a blue book, it shows his name and the address of the condo AND he uses it as proof of address for Immigration, DLT, banks etc and he used to it get his pink ID card. He does not have a yellow book.

11 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

Joe, so what you're saying is a blue book doesn't show a person's name, is that correct. If that's the case, why does my wife's blue book have her name and the rest of her family's names in it, and the address of their house & land.  I have to disagree with your reply as I also have a farang friend that owns his condo and he has a blue book, it shows his name and the address of the condo AND he uses it as proof of address for Immigration, DLT, banks etc and he used to it get his pink ID card. He does not have a yellow book.

Only Thais and those with permanent residency can be registered in a blue house book. All of them show the address and house number on them. 

A person's name can appear on the last page of the book but that does mean they are registered in it.

I would guess he has permanent residency.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Only Thais and those with permanent residency can be registered in a blue house book. All of them show the address and house number on them. 

A person's name can appear on the last page of the book but that does mean they are registered in it.

I would guess he has permanent residency.

Nope, he's on an O-A based on retirement the same as me