Details of Revised Test & Go Program Announced

snoop1130

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

No, there are a few that milk this.

Does not need to be from a Thai company.

Agreed, for regular tourists it's stupid but for long term expats that travel regularly, it's not the end of the world, much easier than CoE and much better than either 7 or 14 day quarantine.

It's 5 or 6 day quarantine in all but name.

You think people are going to get involved in stress free mingling from day 1 to day 5?

At least you've been constant, as usual, in apologising for the Thai half wits.

If they organised lynchings at BKK for people who fail the first test, you could most likely try to put a positive spin on it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

It's 5 or 6 day quarantine in all but name

Can you walk about freely in quarantine, nah didn't think so......

8 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

You think people are going to get involved in stress free mingling from day 1 to day 5?

It's up to them, did you not read my post where it mentioned it's likely not going to appeal to short term tourists? Long term expats would probably go home and be cautious of where they go between day 2 and 5, right?

9 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

At least you've been constant, as usual, in apologising for the Thai half wits

I'm not apologising but for someone that has returned 3 times under CoE and twice with Thai Pass things are most definately improving, you cannot deny that.

OR

Are you one of these people that are an expert without even having travelled in the last 24 months?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Capella said:

Thailand doesn't seem to want tourists anymore. 

All those hundreds of women sitting out in front of their massage shops around Sukhumvit would beg to differ, having about 10% of the traffic they need...  but we know those women mean nothing to the people who really make the decisions.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

I'm one of the 39,600,000 people who decided to go elsewhere.

Perfect, like the other 39,599,999 you won't be missed by me.

15 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

If you hadn't of chained yourself to Thailand you wouldn't have had to jump through all the ridiculous hoops to return.

Thailand is my home, are you chained to your home? ridiculous hoops - it's the easiest it's been for 24 months, i can understand you must be one of the many that find uploading a couple of documents to a website too difficult - lol.

17 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

People just cancel or reschedule their trip while you stare at a brick wall for a fortnight

Why am i looking at a brick wall, did you miss the bit about quarantine no longer being required, if that's what you're referring to.

You must have some interest in Thailand judging by  your frequency to this forum, perhaps it's becoming to expensive for you?

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Perfect, like the other 39,599,999 you won't be missed by me.

Thailand is my home, are you chained to your home? ridiculous hoops - it's the easiest it's been for 24 months, i can understand you must be one of the many that find uploading a couple of documents to a website too difficult - lol.

Why am i looking at a brick wall, did you miss the bit about quarantine no longer being required, if that's what you're referring to.

You must have some interest in Thailand judging by  your frequency to this forum, perhaps it's becoming to expensive for you?

You obviously can't even bother reading this forum before posting your Thai hugging pearls of wisdom.

You must have enjoyed counting the bathroom tiles for your first 14 day quarantine.

????

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Cancun tourism hitting record numbers while Thailand's tourism is down 99%.

Mexico has done a pretty good job capitalizing on the opportunity in the last 12 months at least.  Was in the Cancun area last month, and things were pretty solid.  (One spot we went had essentially just re-opened and was having major re-opening pains, but that is to be expected.)

If Thailand wants to learn from this all, they need to get enough tourists in to restart businesses and build the employment base, and slowly grow from there.  That process is going to take over a year judging by other places… better start now if you don’t want to lose big in next year’s peak season.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, phetphet said:

As clear as mud.

Does this mean I can do first night Test & Go on arrival in Bangkok? Then if negative, fly to Samui, then book into SHA+ hotel on day 5 for second test?

Or must I stay in Bangkok for five days?

You don't have to stay  5 days in Bangkok if you don't want to.

You have to stay the first night in a SHA+ hotel of the city where you land with the int'l flight, in your case BKK. Then you are free to go where you want, and day 5 you need another booking for a SHA+ hotel in whatever city you plan to be on that day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tjo o tjim said:

I live in a tourist destination that requires a few documents to be uploaded prior to boarding an airplane.  *That* level of complexity, while hated, has not reduced tourist numbers.  (It hasn’t keept COVID at bay either.)

The problem is really in the mandatory hospitalization.  In Mexico, I asked at our hotel what happened if we tested positive (for return flight home) and the response is “We have a special discount for that and we will take care of you for the week of isolation.”  Compare and contrast to Mandatory Hospitalization.

I understand that Thailand is going in that direction too - at least I read some thread about hoteliers lobbying with the gov't but did not follow up. Accordingly, there are/will be hotels that you can book for the test&go, and that can double as isolation if needed.

8 hours ago, delerium said:

Interestingly Phuket hoteliers seems to already have raised their prices... that will surely help them getting them fully booked, can't beat their logic.

You mean when there's unlimited supply and almost zero demand, you don't raise the prices??   lol

5 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

NO.

I'm one of the 39,600,000 people who decided to go elsewhere.

If you hadn't of chained yourself to Thailand you wouldn't have had to jump through all the ridiculous hoops to return.

People just cancel or reschedule their trip while you stare at a brick wall for a fortnight.

Congratulations.

I think most of those 39.6M people actually decided not to go anywhere. For example, the largest visitor groups pre-covid were Chinese and Malay.

I was able to travel out of Thailand and then back in without too many hoops, but yes the risk of what might happen if I was tested positive was a concern.

Edited by arithai12

28 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

You don't have to stay  5 days in Bangkok if you don't want to.

You have to stay the first night in a SHA+ hotel of the city where you land with the int'l flight, in your case BKK. Then you are free to go where you want, and day 5 you need another booking for a SHA+ hotel in whatever city you plan to be on that day.

Do you mean you can do he Test and Go anywhere?  It is not limited to Phuket and Ko Samui?

9 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Thailand has moved away from ALL tourism. High rollers are even less likely to put up with these backward, illogical entry rules than cattle class visitors. 

Totally agree Dave Austin,, I used to visit Thailand 3-4 times a year for a 5 week stay each time, and always came during December & January,  however this year I went to Antigua,  simple entry procedure, must be fully vaccinated, PCR test 72 hours before boarding, temperature check on arrival in the airport,, hey bingo that's it, 

None of the silly games that Thailand wants to play... 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

, or don't they really want people to come in numbers? 

I fail to understand why so many continue to pursue this sort of comment.

Thailand has been saying on a regular basis they are looking to reduce the dependency on mass tourism.

Time people woke up  to the fact that things will never be as they were.

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Registration for the Thailand Pass "Test & Go" scheme will resume at 9 a.m. on February 1, 2022, with the following changes:

- There are no registration limitations for any country or region.

So there is no more "whitelist" of countries that are eligible for Test & Go?  In the previous T&G iteration, Mexico was not on the list of eligible countries for T&G.  Starting Feb. 1, as a Mexico resident I won't need to sandbox?

Meanwhile, the CCSA has approved the opening of two new sandbox areas in Chonburi province (Bang Lamung district, Pattaya City, Sriracha district, Koh Sichang, Na Chom Thian, and Bang Saray subdistricts in Sattahip district) and Ko Chang in Trat Province on February 1. Travelers will be allowed to move between the new and original sandbox locations within seven days of their sandbox stay, but they must book a seven-day SHA Extra Plus or AQ hotel with a two-time RT-PCR examination (on day 1 and day 5-6), with a limit of three hotels in the Sandbox area.

Soooo, if there is no more restrictions on which countries can T&G, who, exactly are the new sandboxes for?