Details of Revised Test & Go Program Announced

snoop1130

15 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Koh Chang, sandbox?

How will that affect me and she if we want to go for a weekend?

Obviously we're not arriving from outside Thailand.

The open, but, will keep out real tourists other options relaxing quicker especially the Philipines.

I know expats living do want tourists coming because of the peace and quite, but will sandboxes restrict them?

Edited by tomyami

9 minutes ago, tomyami said:

The open, but, will keep out real tourists other options relaxing quicker especially the Philipines.

I know expats living do want tourists coming because of the peace and quite, but will sandboxes restrict them?

I'm more worried about bands of cybermen lookalikes trying to force people into taking brain tickling probing just to get into a restaurant for a meal.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stigar said:

Must be the only country who you have to book and pay a covidest in advance

No, there are a few that milk this.

9 minutes ago, stigar said:

must be the only country you need incurance from a thai company.

Does not need to be from a Thai company.

9 minutes ago, stigar said:

And they think tourists will come..i dont think so.

Agreed, for regular tourists it's stupid but for long term expats that travel regularly, it's not the end of the world, much easier than CoE and much better than either 7 or 14 day quarantine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

No, there are a few that milk this.

Does not need to be from a Thai company.

Agreed, for regular tourists it's stupid but for long term expats that travel regularly, it's not the end of the world, much easier than CoE and much better than either 7 or 14 day quarantine.

Ok..i though only thai incurance allowed.

Even my next stay will be at least 3-4 months im not going now.I have a ticket late march so i can wait and see what happends.

5 hours ago, philr said:

Married to a Thai, we’ve property in Hat Yai. Trip booked for 17th March. I’ll wait to see if these new crazy restrictions have collapsed by mid February. Or I’ll be cancelling. 

We live in U.K. I’m two days back from a business trip to Dubai. PCR test before travel, some get chosen for a PCR on arrival, with fast turnaround. No limits on travel while waiting. If test positive, there’s a simple insurance to claim on for the quarantine period that was included as part of the Emirates ticket. 

Why can’t Thailand do something similar that’s so eminently sensible, clear and simple? 

Coz than it wouldnot ne 3rd world any longer