Details of Revised Test & Go Program Announced

snoop1130

19 hours ago, phetphet said:

As clear as mud.

Does this mean I can do first night Test & Go on arrival in Bangkok? Then if negative, fly to Samui, then book into SHA+ hotel on day 5 for second test?

Or must I stay in Bangkok for five days?

I assume you can do the second test somewhere else so long as there's a suitable hotel. I'm hoping so as I'd need to come down from Mahasarakham to Bangkok but if I can use the one that did the 14 day quarantine in Buriram the that's a couple of hours drive I think so that would be better.

On the TAT website it has this.

Thais and foreign expatriates under Thailand’s national healthcare coverage are exempt from this requirement.

As my wife is a government employee I'm entitled to healthcare in Thailand so does this mean I'm exempt? I know under the previous rules that required $100,000 of covid specific cover I needed that insurance but I'm not sure about this.

15 minutes ago, kimamey said:

Actually that's a good point. Do you get to see the test results? If you do then it's more difficult to use to their advantage but if you don't and you're just taking the word of someone who might have a financial interest then you might have a problem.

I'm not saying there's definitely going to be some corruption but I've heard it happens and if you don't see the original result then there's always going to be suspicion.

I agreed.I ask myself where the people arriving Phuket have to stay after tested positive.Its more then 1000 now.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 5:02 AM, philr said:

Why can’t Thailand do something similar that’s so eminently sensible, clear and simple? 

because that would be too easy and efficient, and the Thai deplorables love to play silly mind games with no real purposes, just because they can

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, kimamey said:

On the TAT website it has this.

Thais and foreign expatriates under Thailand’s national healthcare coverage are exempt from this requirement.

As my wife is a government employee I'm entitled to healthcare in Thailand so does this mean I'm exempt? I know under the previous rules that required $100,000 of covid specific cover I needed that insurance but I'm not sure about this.

If you are covered under the Civil Service Social Security scheme then you do not have to buy private insurance. You'll need to upload a picture of your card or other proof

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

If you are covered under the Civil Service Social Security scheme then you do not have to buy private insurance. You'll need to upload a picture of your card or other proof

I hoped you would be around to answer this. Even so your speed is impressive.

Thanks for that

17 hours ago, stigar said:

The tourism will continue go down because of this new rules.People will go to neighbour countries where its much easier to entry.Phils..cambodia..vietnam where even the prices is much lower.

Doesn't Vietnam still have a 3 day quarantine for tourists? 

On 1/28/2022 at 4:11 AM, freedomnow said:

Clear as mud.

Does anybody have recent experience entering Thailand with a Test and Go (1.0) QR code (application accepted before the December 22 cutoff) Test and Go 2.0 requires the additional 5th night SHA hotel stay to get the QR code.  I read that arrivals in January just had to go somewhere on day 5 or 6 for their additional PCR test at Government Expense.  I am just trying to anticipate what might happen on arrival when they scan my old code.  I am fortunate that I am traveling with my Thai partner who normally drags me through her immigration lane but who knows this time around its been 2.5 years since I've been back.  At least she can try and talk to them because I have had no communication from Them since I received my original code in early December.  fingers crossed and I cant believe I am actually on my way back to my adopted home after such a long absence.  

I’m booked and ready to leave Thailand for a visit overseas. I live here full time.  So, when I return I’ll spend first night in Bangkok and take my test.  Then, I’ll fly home, spend four days in my house then….check into a prepaid hotel, get taken to a hospital for another test and wait in the hotel for the results..  

I'm wondering how I can show proof that my accommodation for day 5-6 is my own home in the same city where the hotel is located.

seems like a waste of time, money and energy to book into a hotel 5 km away from home.  Thai nationals who reside here face the same situation.  

SMH at the stupidity of it all…..

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, mancub said:

Although irrelevant, your assumption is entirely wrong.  

That being the case, if you had paid more attention to detail rather than sensationalism you wouldn't make such ill informed comments such as

"Only since the numbers nose-dived."

On 1/29/2022 at 11:40 AM, Sheryl said:

Thanks for this. I asked my wife about it but I'm not sure she understood what I was talking about. Not an unusual situation but better than me thinking she does understand when actually she doesn't.

It may be the English description she doesn't understand. If anyone has this in Thai it may help. Failing that I'll just have to get insurance. The only problem I might have is that I've just had my prostate removed due to cancer. It's clear now so it might not be a big problem and I might be able to have that removed from the cover. There's nothing that could happen in that short time given my current position.