Pattaya authorities and entrepreneurs discuss preventive measures for Walking Street reopening prior to U.S. troops’ visit in mid-February

webfact

5 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I remember  the old days with thousands of marines and welcome flags in the bars and the girls all so happy with anticipation but it's all gone now.

The Olongapo bar girls knew when ships were arriving to port before we knew.  They had one heck of an intelligence network.  <laughs>

1 minute ago, connda said:

The Olongapo bar girls knew when ships were arriving to port before we knew.  They had one heck of an intelligence network.  <laughs>

Sadly all gone now. I remember  the girls stitching  welcome  banners and all chattering excitedly. But nobody  can explain to them the toxicity of how this came about. I explain to them thus: 'American  she cow jealous of Thai lady...

Ah, the memories.  In 1971, at Long Binh, RVN, a Congressman's wife discovered our steam baths set up on post.  That went away tout suite!  In 1973, at Camp Samae San, an Army post, I witnessed a visit by a Royal Navy ship.  Hilarious.  Sailors passed out on the NCO Club lawn, walking almost naked down the 2-lane highway, and discovering Newland down the road.  Military Police had a helluva field day trying to round up those guys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/31/2022 at 6:29 AM, connda said:

It's taking 'uniformity' to extremes.  They only want obedient clones who have been emasculated and neutered.  I can only imagine the level of morale nowadays.  Like I said - I'd never recommend the military to anyone unless it's a means to an end such as preparing for a civilian maritime job or a job as a mercenary. Get in, get your experience, and then get out.

Sad state of affairs. I don't know how the world has degenerated into 'progression' so fast. While I feel for the youngsters, they don't know any better since they have never experienced the relative freedom of the past. Being woke for the sake of being woke to not upset a minority and be cancelled. No excuse for racism, but everything is blown out of proportion today as we walk on eggshells. I'm only a 70s boy, so wasn't lucky enough to experience the brilliant 50s and 60s, but still grew up in an decent time. What we have now, coupled with the scourge of covid, is an utterly shiite period to be in.

As to the fools in the op, they are all over one another, stepping on each others toes, putting their empty views in and yet no-one will dare to question the man in the chair who puts the dum convoluted regs in place. While the west is doing woke to the extreme, the east--at least from Thai point of view--is doing its best to be as ridiculous. Pfft, <deleted> to the lot of it. Suppose all one can do is roll with it and dream of the past on occasion since you can't change a thing. Sorry, I'll get my coat now. ????

• Like 1