Pattaya authorities and entrepreneurs discuss preventive measures for Walking Street reopening prior to U.S. troops’ visit in mid-February

webfact

1 hour ago, asiasurfer said:

OMG! What a heap of bs. What preventive measures are we talking about? Closing down Pattaya? Free ATK Tests? Free condoms? Whatever... 

Do these "officials" have nothing else to do? 

Correct.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

preventive measures and regulations for Walking Street’s continuing reopening in South Pattaya prior to a scheduled U.S. navy troop visit in the middle of February

marines were offered

- sealed route to walking street

- pick their trophies

- happy quarantine for 10 days with the catch.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Are the military guys likely to be given shore leave or not?

If not this effort seems redundant. 

Even if the US Military are given shore leave Etc, the whole exercise is redundant, as very few of the " procedures " put in place by the Officials will actually be adhered too.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Are the military guys likely to be given shore leave or not?

If not this effort seems redundant. 

From my experience at Cobra Gold prior to Covid, the vast majority were not given leave/pass. Most Commanders are extremely risk averse and are afraid Joe will do something stupid while drunk. At least on the army side, it was small groups like senior officers, Psy Ops/MISO and Civil Affairs that had freedom to go out when not working. The rest had a highly supervised trip to a temple/museum/market or 2 and were stuck in barracks. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Chonburi – Local authorities and entrepreneurs attended a meeting yesterday, January 29th, to discuss clear preventive measures and regulations for Walking Street’s continuing reopening in South Pattaya prior to a scheduled U.S. navy troop visit in the middle of February.

Masks, social distancing, no alcohol, no bars, no night-life, no girls, no fun.  Arrange lots of ASQ taxis to take sailors on Temple Tours and then on to the Malls.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It is unliky they will be given shore leave here, given the mass covid related cowardice. 

And even if they did, what would the sailors find of interest? Are enough places open yet? 

In the New Woke Navy the current sailors would get Non-Judical Punishment (NJP) if they did anything that we did during shore leave 35 years ago.  :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, connda said:

In the New Woke Navy the current sailors would get Non-Judical Punishment (NJP) if they did anything that we did during shore leave 35 years ago.  :thumbsup:

You beat me to it. Anything below an E-5 has an early curfew. They've really neutered our fighting men.

• Sad 1

For years  the troops have been effectively  banned from having shore leave here. Military  personnel  found in the company  of females can be Court martialed education for sex trafficking. Its been years  since American military  visited  Pattaya  in large numbers. Those days  are long gone.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, connda said:

Back in the 1980s during shore leave?  Maximum Fun and Enjoyment.  Even the Zeros loved their shore leave.  And back then the junior officers often would hang out with us enlisted pukes.  :thumbsup:

Now you are correct.  The current Navy is more like it's Soviet counterparts that we tracked 35+ years ago.  The Officers are all politically correct and risk adverse.  Good military officers and mavericks are culled, eliminated, and discharged.  Unlike the Soviet Navy, the US and allied ships don't need 'political officers' onboard as the current crop of politically-correct officers have been selected from an ongoing cull based on their adherence to new-normal, woke political agendas as apposed to their leadership and military abilities. 
I am very glad I served during the Reagan era when we actually had support from the very top (White House) to the bottom of the authority hierarchy.  And those at the top understood that a well functioning Navy allowed it's members to occasionally have fun and blow off the steam that is built up after weeks if not months at sea or deployment.  If you have ever been deployed an actively underway and sailing for two or more months - you know exactly what I mean.  And double for combat soldiers in 'hot zones.'
Military members need R&R and Shore-Leave. 
Not anymore it seems.  My grandfather (Army), father (Army Air Corp), myself (Navy), and my daughter (Army) all served in the military.  I wouldn't recommend military service to my grandkids or any other youth of today.
It's a dead-end unless you are a political animal. 

When we had parties in Subic my Chief included rooms and hookers, of course booze.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

For years  the troops have been effectively  banned from having shore leave here. Military  personnel  found in the company  of females can be Court martialed education for sex trafficking. Its been years  since American military  visited  Pattaya  in large numbers. Those days  are long gone.

I remember reading about that when the new UCMJ rules came out.  I was just shaking my head.  It's about mandating morality.  Take a bar girl out and have some fun and its The Brig, half your pay, and reduction in rank.  F***ing absurd. 

It's taking 'uniformity' to extremes.  They only want obedient clones who have been emasculated and neutered.  I can only imagine the level of morale nowadays.  Like I said - I'd never recommend the military to anyone unless it's a means to an end such as preparing for a civilian maritime job or a job as a mercenary. Get in, get your experience, and then get out.

Edited by connda

18 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

When we had parties in Subic my Chief included rooms and hookers, of course booze.

One of our junior officers was known for his cunning performance at a  "Peso Show" in the Florida Club on Magsaysay.  :thumbsup:  He was well respected by the rank and file.
Normal guy.  Approachable and a hell of a good officer. 
Yeah buddy, Olongapo, Barrio Barretta, and Subic City back in the day.  Fun and memorable times!!!

Edited by connda

1 minute ago, connda said:

I remember reading about that when the new UCMJ rules came out.  I was just shaking my head.  It's about mandating morality.  Take a bar girl out and have some fun and its The Brig, half your pay, and reduction in rank.  F***ing absurd. 

It's taking 'uniformity' to extremes.  They only want obedient clones who have been emasculated and neutered.  I can only imagine the level of moral nowadays.  Like I said - I'd never recommend the military to anyone unless it's a means to an end such as preparing for a civilian maritime job or a job as a mercenary. Get in, get your experience, and then get out.

I remember  the old days with thousands of marines and welcome flags in the bars and the girls all so happy with anticipation but it's all gone now. Apparently new female recruit in the American  military applied the most extreme feminist PC views of the 'fun' and complained. This has been the case  for years. Basically no American  troops come to Pattaya  anymore. They stopped over 10 years ago  so any municipal  'controls strategies or tactics to control the problem' are not needed. It's a non existent issue. The woke PC American  Military authorities have done it for them and the marines cower in fear offshore...

30 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Court martialed and put on trial for sex trafficking

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It is unliky they will be given shore leave here, given the mass covid related cowardice. 

And even if they did, what would the sailors find of interest? Are enough places open yet? 

Did ya all see the full buses from issan with all the pretty your girls heading to pattaya 

• Haha 1

Should be interesting.

I'm assuming the US government will have strict protocols in place and it most likely won't be a free for all.

With Pattaya's luck Russia will invade Ukraine and all the troops will be put on high alert.

No leave.

• Like 1