90 day report Koh Phangan

For the last few years my 90 day report was made at Koh Samui by my wife ( I was not needed ) so we were delighted when an Immigration office opened on Koh Phangan as it would save Ferry fares and half a days time. Just a brief word about my medical condition. I suffer from diabetes, CKD and high blood pressure. My legs are constantly swollen and its difficult to walk. In spite of these conditions and at an age of 77 I am required to present myself when submitting my 90 day report. Unlike Samui my wife is not accepted to make the report on my behalf. I read on Thai immigration Webb sites an agent or appointed representative can submit the 90 day report for me but Koh Phangan immigration do not accept. So at great pain I have to show my face.

I am also amused by the Paper chain at Koh Phangan office. Koh Samui you just hand over passport and 10 mins later you receive your confirmation of next 90 day due report date. Koh Phangan they require a form T47 and various photo copies. This was the first time photo copies were required. It helps if the photo copy office on site is open. Today more than 20 people had to hike about half a mile to a photo copy shop.

So to sum things up are they correct in not accepting my wife to carry out the report and would complaining to head office be worth it.

• Haha 1

If offices make up their own requirements, there isn't much you can do about it. If you complain to "head office", they might well refer you to the online reporting system, the new version of which seems to work pretty well for most people. If you haven't tried that recently, you haven't much grounds for complaint.

4 hours ago, Phanganclub said:

For the last few years my 90 day report was made at Koh Samui by my wife ( I was not needed ) so we were delighted when an Immigration office opened on Koh Phangan as it would save Ferry fares and half a days time. Just a brief word about my medical condition. I suffer from diabetes, CKD and high blood pressure. My legs are constantly swollen and its difficult to walk. In spite of these conditions and at an age of 77 I am required to present myself when submitting my 90 day report. Unlike Samui my wife is not accepted to make the report on my behalf. I read on Thai immigration Webb sites an agent or appointed representative can submit the 90 day report for me but Koh Phangan immigration do not accept. So at great pain I have to show my face.

I am also amused by the Paper chain at Koh Phangan office. Koh Samui you just hand over passport and 10 mins later you receive your confirmation of next 90 day due report date. Koh Phangan they require a form T47 and various photo copies. This was the first time photo copies were required. It helps if the photo copy office on site is open. Today more than 20 people had to hike about half a mile to a photo copy shop.

So to sum things up are they correct in not accepting my wife to carry out the report and would complaining to head office be worth it.

You could always try to do you 90 day report online. https://www.immigration.go.th/en/