Parking problems in Condos

Dear farang mates,

I think it is not just a problem in my Condo.

We have almost 50% of parking space busy with vehicles totally forgotten, maybe owners came back to their countries, maybe they passed away or just vehicle has a breakdown and is more easy leave like this.

Is there any Thai regulation about this type of problems?

What do we can do with these vehicles, some of them not taxes paid from 10 years ago than now are a nest of rats and other animals?

Regards

• Thanks 1

Hi Pood

My condo have a juristic person, but he doesn't do anything, even his words about make an annual meeting is if you are not easy here, go out.

Even I would like to know some regulation about the manager functions and the rights of the tenant and owners living in condos

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It all depends on the condo/juristic management.

In my places we have a pass which comes with the condo - usually one per apt. All ours have a condo pass which changes every year and has to be renewed. It's all registered and the security guard will check number plates against the condo number in the parking bays/entry-exit.

If not renewed over 12 months juristic dept can get the "council" involved who can remove it.

In some I've seen cars parked there for years ( and very,very nice ones ) but they must own a condo in the building and pay their fees. If you pay the condo fees, no problem, even if you don't live in it.

It doesn't matter if taxed or not - it's private land.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Spooky1968 said:

Hi Pood

My condo have a juristic person, but he doesn't do anything, even his words about make an annual meeting is if you are not easy here, go out.

Even I would like to know some regulation about the manager functions and the rights of the tenant and owners living in condos

Under the Thailand Condominium Act of 2008, the rules and regulations of the condominium are set by the owners at the Joint Owner General Meetings.

If the owners at your condominium don't care enough to protect their investments by ensuring that the condominium is well run, it is time to move on.

At my condominium in Bangkok, the rules and regulations are strict to the point of strangulation. But there are certainly no abandoned vehicles in the car park.

Paul Laew

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Midohe said:

Do you have a dedicated parking spot or you can park anywhere where it is free? My friend is looking into new condo in Phuket and I am not sure that he knows that he might have this problem. I will advice him

We have not a dedicated parking spot, the problem is that in advance these free parking will be even less than now

18 hours ago, Paulaew said:

Under the Thailand Condominium Act of 2008, the rules and regulations of the condominium are set by the owners at the Joint Owner General Meetings.

If the owners at your condominium don't care enough to protect their investments by ensuring that the condominium is well run, it is time to move on.

At my condominium in Bangkok, the rules and regulations are strict to the point of strangulation. But there are certainly no abandoned vehicles in the car park.

Paul Laew

You are lucky, Paul.

Thanks a lot for your comments

Just now, Spooky1968 said:

You are lucky, Paul.

Thanks a lot for your comments

Are there some Thai regulations about vehicles abandoned.

Normally I park close to a rusted motorcycle with last taxes paid 10 years ago. What can we do with these cases?

Regards

In my condo they removed the old scooters that had been abandoned.  They moved to the back of the building for a month, then if not claimed, they were removed for scrap.

But the condo management will not do the same for the three rusted old cars occupying the communal parking spaces.  The tax had run out on one 5 years ago, the room linked to the car is vacant.

20 hours ago, Kinnock said:

In my condo they removed the old scooters that had been abandoned.  They moved to the back of the building for a month, then if not claimed, they were removed for scrap.

But the condo management will not do the same for the three rusted old cars occupying the communal parking spaces.  The tax had run out on one 5 years ago, the room linked to the car is vacant.

Hi Kinnock,

Do you know where these vehicles were sent like scrap?

Maybe if we make easy the way to our stupid condo manager he finally do anything.

Do you know the name of company where we can send these vehicles scrap?

Regards

2 hours ago, Spooky1968 said:

Hi Kinnock,

Do you know where these vehicles were sent like scrap?

Maybe if we make easy the way to our stupid condo manager he finally do anything.

Do you know the name of company where we can send these vehicles scrap?

Regards

I'll ask.  They sat behind a pump room going rusty for a few months, then were all taken away.

On 2/1/2022 at 3:24 PM, Midohe said:

Do you have a dedicated parking spot or you can park anywhere where it is free? My friend is looking into new condo in Phuket here and I am not sure that he knows that he might have this problem. I will advice him

On 2/1/2022 at 5:54 PM, Spooky1968 said:

We have not a dedicated parking spot, the problem is that in advance these free parking will be even less than now

This is unfortunate, I guess it has to be sorted really serious through administration or maybe it's allowed to block your own parking spots so nobody can access it.