Man falls from Chonburi overpass after motorbike accident, survives with serious injuries

webfact

273048795_3388350424622207_3878764398682182416_n-696x522.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Chonburi – A motorbike rider has sustained serious injuries after his motorbike crashed on an overpass, causing him to fall and hit the ground ten meters below in the Mueang Chonburi district over the past weekend.

Emergency responders were notified of the accident on an overpass in the Klong Tamru sub-district. They arrived at the scene to find the damaged motorbike on the overpass. Ten meters under the overpass on the ground they found the male motorbike driver aged around 30.  He had sustained severe injuries and was rushed to a local hospital. He was not cognizant but expected to survive, according to first responders.

The motorbike owner was identified as Mr. Witoon Yingpa from Buriram based on the license plate, according to Mueang Chonburi officers. 

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/31/man-falls-from-chonburi-overpass-after-motorbike-accident-survives-with-serious-injuries/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-02-01

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Gold Star said:

They painted the road red on the flyover corner to make it safer, but that just made it slippery AF.

Another biker also took a plunge over the guardrail onto the roadway below on the exact same corner I recall.

I guess they need warning signs and grip paint on the road .... 

• Like 1

TPN media notes that, technically, motorbikes are illegal on overpasses like the one in this accident. But then, whether something is illegal or not has absolutely no relevance in Thailand. No-one has any respect for the law, including the police who fail to enforce it. Deeply ingrained into the 'I'll do whatever I want no matter the possible consequences' culture.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

I guess they need warning signs and grip paint on the road .... 

At the most overpasses they have signs already: "Forbidden for motorbikes!!!" ????

But the most riders are not worry, Result is that some fall. ????

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Deeply ingrained into the 'I'll do whatever I want no matter the possible consequences' culture.

Sadly very true... no sense of cause and effect, potential  consequences, likely dangers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1