Batteries for Forza.

NoshowJones

A warning for Honda Forza owners. If Nakhon Sawan is anything to go by, if you need a new battery, there are two Honda dealerships there. Honda don't sell them anymore, they have to be ordered from Bangkok, which takes about 3 days, so if you go on a road trip and your battery packs in, you could be in a lot of trouble.

So here was me thinking that Lazada had about the worst customer service. I would say that now belongs to Honda.

2 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Why can't you buy a replacement from one of the many battery shops around.

Quick scooobie on teh interwebs and the Forza Battery looks to be a Yuasa YTZ12S.

I live upcountry about 60 Ks from the nearest city and my bike is showing signs of getting harder to start, so waiting 3 days for a battery is all I can do, may I also point out that my local Honda shop will not accept payment with credit or debit cards. Customer service????

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

I live upcountry about 60 Ks from the nearest city and my bike is showing signs of getting harder to start, so waiting 3 days for a battery is all I can do, may I also point out that my local Honda shop will not accept payment with credit or debit cards. Customer service????

By a new one from a battery shop like normal do.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

Battery shop where? i live in the middle of nowhere in a village, and have no transport. I rely on my bike.

Well the Lazada is a better choice for you than trekking 120kh round trip to buy a battery from a dealer you have no idea has stock off.

but thanks for the heads up.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

That was your choice don't blame Honda.????

I am blaming Honda, their dealerships should stock spares like batteries for common bikes like Forza's. Where I live has got nothing to do with it.

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I am blaming Honda, their dealerships should stock spares like batteries for common bikes like Forza's. Where I live has got nothing to do with it.

Dealer not having a current models battery in stock is inexcusable.

Had same problem years back with Jazz tyres. "No hab"

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Battery shop where? i live in the middle of nowhere in a village, and have no transport. I rely on my bike.

Batteries are cheap enough on Lazada the Old devil gel batteries I have found to be really good after giving my one a hard time whilst doing servicing and repairs and leaving the bike standing for 3 weeks at a time sometimes.

If I were you I'd buy 2 batteries and buy a trickle charger which are also cheap, then you will not have a problem.

If you rely, that much, on your scooter why don't you have a battery charger (like  an Optimate) ?

Optimate

When in the UK, I used "to plug" my SpeedTriple (and before that my ZRX1200R and ZX9R) to an Optimate during winter times. I never had a single problem with battery(ies), even when I didn't use my bikes that often.

2 minutes ago, Fab5BKK said:

If you rely, that much, on your scooter why don't you have a battery charger (like  an Optimate) ?

Optimate

When in the UK, I used "to plug" my SpeedTriple (and before that my ZRX1200R and ZX9R) to an Optimate during winter times. I never had a single problem with battery(ies), even when I didn't use my bikes that often.

Scooter????

19 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

You are dead in the water 20 km from town go order on line. Ludicrous.

Will that take less than 3 days the dealer ordering from BKK?

The legitimate gripe is Honda dealers don't carry a battery for a Forza, seen 

on the roads everywhere and still sold new. 

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

What is so wrong with cash? Thailand is a cash economy. Thankfully. Little of that pay for my 60 baht coffee with a card. SIMP culture. No thanks. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fab5BKK said:

I don't know...

but, when I had needed a new battery for my Nmax I, simply, ordered it online (Shopee)...

And, surprise!

I received it 2 days later!!!

Incredible, isn't it ???

lol

I used Lazada when I needed replacement battery for my Click and got their usual 1st class service and I shall doubtless do the same when my Aerox needs one.

As a larger machine with keyless ignition, the Forza will need a larger capacity battery, as does my Aerox.

Batteries do have a limited shelf life and as the Forza is a relatively rare motorcycle, it's probably not in the interests of the Honda dealer to keep them in stock.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Captain Monday said:

Talking about Honda Jazz tires which were apparently unavailable in Chiang Mai

Bought one in Honolulu for $75 and brought in in as Checked Baggage.

Please do try to keep up.

Hogwash

I have lived in Chiang Mai for years, can't begin to count the number of Honda Jazz cars, and places to get tires for them in this town, and all over LOS

Here's a thought - maybe ask one of the thousands and thousands of people who drive a Jazz in CNX "Where do you get your tires" if you are unable to recognize a tire shop when you drive past one.

Cry or laugh? What to do with this thread.

It is unbelievable.

Not able to find a motorcycle shack closer than 60 km?

They have the battery or will get it for you.

Even here in the sticks there is one every few km.

It's a trivial 12 AH motorcycle battery for 1xxx Baht! Not a spare part for a stealth bomber.

A shop not accepting credit cards? Who would have thought. Welcome to Thailand.

Tyres from Honolulu :cheesy::cheesy:

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, seedy said:

Hogwash

I have lived in Chiang Mai for years, can't begin to count the number of Honda Jazz cars, and places to get tires for them in this town, and all over LOS

Here's a thought - maybe ask one of the thousands and thousands of people who drive a Jazz in CNX "Where do you get your tires" if you are unable to recognize a tire shop when you drive past one.

We are talking about several years ago. More Honda Jazz everywhere than now and my little friend had too. One tire was destroyed by a sidewall cut. We had the experience of contacting Honda dealers and local tires shops and got Mai Mee, No hab, why dont you buy 4 tires of a different size?, or wait 2 weeks. Same experience of a Forza rider unable to find a battery for a new scooter seen anywhere. I will finish my engagement here to point out "Just in Time" stocking and centralization of distribution is a current direction of capitalism. We are now experiencing bizarre economic distortions due to manufacturing and shipping issues related to covid-19.

Probably better to pre-purchase consumables like tires spark plugs batteries belts and filters in advance and keep in your garage so you have them when you need them.

Honda batteries...

Jazz tires...

There is no Honda batteries, there is no Jazz tires.

PLEASE:

Batteries are batteries, fairly well standardized.

Tires are tires, very well standardized.

Look in the manual and/or check the imprint on the tires.

Tell me a location in Thailand (outside of national park, Burma border? or the like) where you need to go more than 20 km to find a motorcycle repair or tire shop.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

We're talking about batteries. Do try to keep up!

Thinking about bikes. AEROX or Click 155? Don't see many AEROX might rent one to test ride. 

58 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Honda batteries...

Jazz tires...

There is no Honda batteries, there is no Jazz tires.

PLEASE:

Batteries are batteries, fairly well standardized.

Tires are tires, very well standardized.

Look in the manual and/or check the imprint on the tires.

Tell me a location in Thailand (outside of national park, Burma border? or the like) where you need to go more than 20 km to find a motorcycle repair or tire shop.

Search by tire size. not by car model. 

Honda have new Jazz in showroom Thousands on roads.... "Mai Mee" 

Easier to get in Honolulu and bring as checked baggage.

The real backslapper was told with a straight face the solution to with a straight buy 4 new tires of a different size when need to replace one damaged tyre . Only in Thailand ????????????

Edited by Captain Monday

37 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Thinking about bikes. AEROX or Click 155? Don't see many AEROX might rent one to test ride. 

The larger Click is 150cc whereas the Aerox is 155cc. I've not tried the Click 150, so I cannot make a comparison. I've only ridden the 125 (which I also own) The Aerox is, of course, my preferred ride, but the Click has its uses as a load lugger. The flat floor make it more amenable to carrying a tote bag between your legs. 

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

Search by tire size. not by car model. 

Honda have new Jazz in showroom Thousands on roads.... "Mai Mee" 

Easier to get in Honolulu and bring as checked baggage.

The real backslapper was told with a straight face the solution to with a straight buy 4 new tires of a different size when need to replace one damaged tyre . Only in Thailand ????????????

What size tyres are on that Jazz that are not available in Thailand ?