Non O Retirement Visa Application - "Location Map of House"?

I rent an apartment.  What documentation have people been using to satisfy the "location map of house" documentation requirement for the Non O Retirement Visa application?  Is a print out of Google Maps sufficient?  I use the Hua Hin immigration office, if that matters...

Thanks in advance!

9 hours ago, Paulaew said:

It's amazing that so many immigration offices want a hand-drawn map.

Either they want to verify that we really know where our house is, or they can't read a Google map.

Paul Laew

Where I live they want both a Google Map, with coordinates printed in a box, and a hand drawn map...:whistling:

• Thumbs Up 1

Forgive me as I'm fairly new here, but do addresses in Thailand no work the same as other countries? 

I.e. everyone else on the planet seems to be able to find a building based on house number, street name, and town.

I remember in the past trying to order something online but before I could select my delivery address I had to choose a "prominent landmark" nearby from a drop down list.  E.g school, temple or government building.  As I was not aware of any prominent landmarks (which where usually written in Thai script) I wasn't able to complete the order!

14 minutes ago, ed79 said:

Forgive me as I'm fairly new here, but do addresses in Thailand no work the same as other countries? 

I.e. everyone else on the planet seems to be able to find a building based on house number, street name, and town.

I remember in the past trying to order something online but before I could select my delivery address I had to choose a "prominent landmark" nearby from a drop down list.  E.g school, temple or government building.  As I was not aware of any prominent landmarks (which where usually written in Thai script) I wasn't able to complete the order!

I don't have an answer for you.  I share your confusion.  My apartment is on a street that has two different names in Google Maps.  Neither of those names is the name of the street address listed on the business cards for the property.

Had the same difficulty ordering online.  I ended up enlisting the help of some friendly locals.  They receive and pay for the goods I want at a prominent nearby address and I reimburse them.  Not an ideal solution.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NotReallyHere said:

I don't have an answer for you.  I share your confusion.  My apartment is on a street that has two different names in Google Maps.  Neither of those names is the name of the street address listed on the business cards for the property.

Had the same difficulty ordering online.  I ended up enlisting the help of some friendly locals.  They receive and pay for the goods I want at a prominent nearby address and I reimburse them.  Not an ideal solution.

I was in Chiang Mai and trying to order from 1) Tesco and 2) a bloody Pizza Hut delivery.  I ended up cutting and pasting from the landmark list into google maps.  Not joking, I tried 5 - 10 places and could not find anything within about 2 or 3 kilometres.  As it wouldn't let me leave that field blank I just gave up and didn't buy anything.

• Like 1

I learned a long time ago to make one map and keep copies, not just for immigration, I've used them when ordering something bulky, it helps the delivery guys avoid any confusion.

• Like 2

For what it's worth, Samut Prakan IO has accepted Google Map prints since we have been going there.

In another matter had a little question about a TM 30 on 90 day report this morning, but when I got in to the actual IO vs "trainee" document checker, no problem.

Immigratiom website does not mention TM 30 for 90 day. Done it about twenty four times now and only had a problem witn this maybe twice. Omce when the landlord failed to register me.

1 hour ago, ed79 said:

Yes and no.

There are other countries where you can't easily find a house by its address.

Here you can get as close as the "moo ban" (like neighborhood / settlement).

But after that the house number does not help too much.

House numbers have been assigned either chronologically or seems even as desired (for a price likely). A son lives in an apartment building with house nr 999. A "lucky number". Our house is 340, sister in law 20 meters apart is 8.

Postal service, village headman and maybe a few others have plans of the house numbers.

In Pattaya there is a moo(ban) nr. 9 which spreads almost all of south central Pattaya.

Soi 9 at the police station separates moo 9 from moo 10 in the north.

Good luck finding an address by house number.

I should have added that 9x% of the houses in our village do not have a visible house number sign.

One requirement of immigration offices for marriage extension is a picture with the house number visible.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Just a hand drawn map starting at the nearest prominent landmark or main street. A square with an "X" to show the apartment with the address written.

I get askled this a lot in Phuket............  want drawn map.. (no google,  dunnowhy) number outside with u in it.. (<deleted> as most condos has own numbers.. not gove number..)  = whatevers more difficult right...

1 minute ago, Seeall said:

I get askled this a lot in Phuket............  want drawn map.. (no google,  dunnowhy) number outside with u in it.. (<deleted> as most condos has own numbers.. not gove number..)  = whatevers more difficult right...

most difficult = more possible tea money.......

9 hours ago, Seeall said:

Understand completely. We get asked for this every year as well (Non-O extension based on marriage) so we added a photo at the condo entrance, in front of the lobby and standing by our door.

The first time I encountered this requirement at CW a few years ago was while seated in front of the IO during an annual ext stay/ret. At first I was confused by the request unsure what she was looking for, but quickly put pen to paper and drew a map. Back then speculation here was that maybe they wanted to see if you really lived there. Since then the requirements have grown, with some reports of a photo of yourself in front of the building with name/address visible; the landlord's thai Id (copy) signed and dated; the blue book (copy); copy of lease; copy of monthly rental bills and receipts;  copy of TM30 and a few more things which slip the mind right now.

For my most recent ext stay (Oct/2021 CW) I provided a prepared hand-drawn map, and a Google map print-out of the approximate same scale.

For the OP I'd go prepared with a hand drawn map and a google map print out, unless someone from Hua Hin has more recent experiences detailing a specific solution?

• Like 1