What happens if Retirement extension expire while in quarantine

Scenario. Return to country, on 5 day Test n Go.  Return with 1 week left on valid 12 month retirement extension of stay with re-entry permit. Day  5 PCR test shows positive requiring 10 days quarantine. Retirement Extension expires while in quarantine, so now on overstay.

Is it still possible to do the extension after getting out, even though it expired? Is there an overstay fine?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

You could make arrangements to apply for a extension based upon medical treatment while in quarantine. You could have somebody do it for you if you can provide documents proving your are in quarantine due to a positive covid 19 test.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could make arrangement to apply for a extension based upon medical treatment while in quarantine. You could have somebody do it for you if you can provide documents proving your are in quarantine due to a positive covid 19 test.

Thanks, good ideas. Is the first "medical" extension same as retirement extension and 12 months or is it a short term thing? Can it be done after getting out or only while in quarantine before expiry?

For the the second idea, does this mean agent? Would they do while you are stuck in quarantine?

So original question is still there....could you do it yourself or with agent after getting out and therefore on overstay?

Complicated times .....

54 minutes ago, neytil said:

Return with 1 week left on valid 12 month retirement extension of stay with re-entry permit. Day  5 PCR test shows positive requiring 10 days quarantine.

Return with 2 weeks left, or better yet, since you are retired, just do not leave country during the pandemic

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

A medical extension can be issued for up to 90 days and would start from the end of the permit stay you got when entered the country and then you could apply for your one year extension before the end of the medical extension. The length of  medical extension would issued for the expect length of time needed for you finish the quarantine plus enough time to apply for your normal extension. I would guess it would be valid for 30 days.

The medical extension would have to be applied for before you went on a overstay. You can designate somebody to the extension for you  or if are under the care of a hospital or hospitel they would do it.

Thanks Ubonjoe,

13 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

In that scenario i would contact an agent to do the extension for me

That sounds like a possible solution.  I wonder if they would be able to pick up your papers if sent to quarantine as there could be a complete seal off to the outside?  Or would you have to start the process before, such as after Day 1 PCR but before Day 5 PCR.

Edited by neytil

I am now trapped in Chaiyaphum.

My extension, NON-O married, was under consideration up till Sunday January 30. I went to immigration on Monday 31 and they were closed because Covid infection by visitors? Come back on Februari 2 was the verbal message. I made a appointment with there Q online app and got 2 confirmations. Go again to Imm and closed, Come back on Februari 9 was written on the gate and you do not have to pay for overstay up till Februari 9. Now I can not travel and have to cancel a few hotels. Is it possible to collect my extension at an other imm office?

30 minutes ago, Max Brok said:

Now I can not travel and have to cancel a few hotels. Is it possible to collect my extension at an other imm office?

You can still travel within the country while waiting to get the stamp. You can stay in the country until your extension is stamped and you are not on a overstay.

You can only get your extension stamped at the office where you applied for the extension.

• Like 1