What to do now extension are over

2 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

Ok looks like you have a Thai Wife and have already used the 60 day extension.

12 month extension looks like the only option.

Thanks is it still possible though on an expired visa almost two years old.

24 minutes ago, kevc said:

Thanks is it still possible though on an expired visa almost two years old.

Yes it is possible to obtain a 12 month extension as already mentioned. 

No funds then an agent would be necessary.

Did you indicate when current permission of stay ends. It's relevant. 

Still not even clear how you entered Thailand. Either with a non O marriage or whatever.

My guess is a ME marriage.

Edited by DrJack54

Seems to be that all Non-O visa's are not equal? It specifically states in Thai scipt written by hand above my multiple entry (Issued Feb 2019) visa that mine was issued because of my Thai kids. I purposefully asked for a "kids reason" visa. (Yes, I'm happily married for 21 years but kids demonstrates a blood line.) 

I applied for my 9th Covid-19 extension in January 2022. It was approved this week and my stamp is up March 2022. The last 2 extensions were applied for in the early afternoon when the office is quiet and they did all the form filling for me! I was only asked to sign and pay 1900 baht. At no time was I asked for any "Tip." I have not been informed of any changes to the current system by the IO officers. Near the bottom of the stamp is a line for the reason given. Mine is a '5.'

20 minutes ago, rbkk said:

I applied for my 9th Covid-19 extension in January 2022. It was approved this week and my stamp is up March 2022.

If you applied for the extension before January 26th you got it under the old order for the 60 day covid 19 extensions.

You should check with your office a couple of weeks early since you will not be able to get another one if you entered the country with a non-o visa.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you applied for the extension before January 26th you got it under the old order for the 60 day covid 19 extensions.

You should check with your office a couple of weeks early since you will not be able to get another one if you entered the country with a non-o visa.

Thanks. It does seem odd though that they said nothing to me this week about any new rules or about it being the last time. It was the office boss who returned me my stamped passport. It was not busy.

6 minutes ago, rbkk said:

Thanks. It does seem odd though that they said nothing to me this week about any new rules or about it being the last time. It was the office boss who returned me my stamped passport. It was not busy.

Maybe they were not concerned about you not getting another one or assumed you were aware you could not get another one.

Question for the experts;

I arrived on a NON-O Multiple entry visa (Based on my children) in November 2019 - valid until November 2020. Due to Covid I did not leave the country until September 2020 (but got the Covid-extensions when needed) I got a Re-entry permit when leaving for Europe - and used that in beginning of October 2020 to get back through the Phuket Sandbox.

Since returning - I have had 2 Covid extensions - and my Permission to stay expire early March.

If I understand correctly - the Immigration would not be giving me a new Covid-extension since I originally arrived in October on a re-entry permit based on my NON-O.

If this is the case, can I then apply for a 60 days extension based on my children?

If not I guess the "only" option is to have 400K in the bank on the day of application and apply for a 1-year extension based of being the father of a Thai citizen?

Any input is appreciated.

TIA.

32 minutes ago, bkkflyer said:

Any input is appreciated.

What you outline will work.

You may wish to consider the 12 month extension and obtain reentry permit if need to exit and return.

After 12 months the options may be (hopefully) back to semi normal.

• Thanks 1