Warning against traveling to Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, smedly said:

I have been warning about this in several posts on here for weeks 

This is nothing but a money grabbing scam and before anyone sets foot in Thailand they need to be aware of what could happen to them 

Meanwhile Denmark has just declared all covid restrictions have ended ......................everything 

They  now rate covid 19 as they do a cold or a mild flu and this is while detection rates are soring in the country 

is it time ?

I don't think the public have the stomach for any more of this, you cannot stop omicron from spreading  

Now or very shortly I would have thought a test before you leave home and mask wearing when you get get here should be enough I would have thought. 

It's really the uncertainty around being quarantined in an expensive hospital that's the real problem rather than procedures that you can plan for. 

• Like 1

I think the issue is finding private insurance companies, still afloat, willing to provide quarantine insurance.

The government needs to indemnify tourists up front against asymptomatic and mild COVID cases. Just have facilities bill the government directly.

Put that 700 baht, soon to be 1,000 baht, PSC to good use.

• Like 2

99% of articles about this talk about how you just have to take two PCR tests and stay over night a couple days... usually they omit the important point of what happens if you test positive.  With Omicron being so infectious, I feel like I'm fairly likely to have this happen if I tried to enter Thailand right now.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

the guest has no choice but to be hospitalized at that specific hospital for 7-10 days at their own cost

Not true.

Some of our guests have been allowed to quarantine in their pre-booked private villa. As long as their symptoms are minor.

7 groups so far.

• Confused 6

2 hours ago, kimamey said:

I'm planning on coming back soon but reading the full article is a bit worrying. If insurance covers it then ok but if not then it's a lot of money at risk.

Insurance is key.  Specifically one that also covers asymptomatic sickness.  Some won't cover your hospital stay unless you're sick.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Yes! More of this please. This is the kind of BAD international press that Thailand deserves and will hopefully embarrass them enough into dropping this shambolic, pathetic, ripoff system, which does absolutely F all regards the safety of the country… esp when people are picking the thing up locally. Drop this nonsense and bloody well grow up Thailand! 

Amen bro!

Just now, Blumpie said:

They were never coming to begin with.  I have friends in central america, no problems.  

No problems other than a raging virus.  It's not good in that part of the world.  Ok if you're boosted, not so good if your not.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JayClay said:

Who is "they" and, if they're an official respectable medical body, do you have any links confirming that they "rate covid 19 as they do a cold or mild flu"?

They being the Danish health authorities 

• Like 2

I just applied for the new so-called Test and Go on Feb 1. After reading this and a few other things I am almost hoping I get rejected. They once again have created a complicated mess. I came back twice under the old COE/quarantine system. It was better than this <deleted>.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I returned recently, and the threat of hospital imprisonment was very stressful. Thankfully, it all went OK. The whole process was too much work. And we spent 9,000 baht on one night in a hotel, plus $400 ($200 each) on rush PCR tests in the US, since our free tests did not come back on time. Now, add another nite to that. 

Few will come. And will the restrictions be abolished? Depends on whether you believe they are sincere about a tourism restart and putting the people back to work, or if you believe this was intentional sabotage, to get rid of nightlife and "purify the nation". I believe the latter. I really believe the Prayuth and Anutin hubris and ignorance is that deep. 

The stress is for real. I am currently waiting for my Pass to be processed and beginning to regret I didn't wait a little longer.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

This would have to be first most honest & accurate news article/report I have read for a long time.

not the usual tribe that is as murky as muddy water ...

it is being quoted in many foreign press agencies, articles, throughout Europe for some time now.