Warning against traveling to Thailand

webfact

7 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

I want to go back to visit my family in the UK but am dreading returning to Thailand.

It's been over three years now and my young grandchildren hardly recognise who I am .

But coming back to this!!!

I'll just have to wait a bit longer, I had planned for later next month but articles like this scare the living daylights out of me..

Very informative article though

I share your concern as my case is almost the same as yours. Been here since 8th December 2019 and haven't seen my family or grandchildren since. I was also planning to travel sometime next month but now, I think I must wait for a clear picture.

Guest Isaanlife
1 hour ago, Harveyboy said:

word has gotten around for many years about the fleecing antic's and corruption here But tourist's still came ..millions of them ..do you really think this will be any different 

Sure is!

Millions aren't coming now!

48 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Probably, but while they are sorting that it, you will most likely still be under 'house arrest' and accruing bills.

What is house arrest?  What if you're in a hotel?  A nightly hotel bill is certainly cheaper than a hospital bill.

44 minutes ago, NanaSomchai said:

One can only hope.

Jet ski scam 2.0, Sick water buffalo scam 2.0, Mama is sick need money for hospital scam 2.0, "I love you too much" scam 2.0.

Of course not, this new "confinement" is the new golden goose scam, they are banking so much money on this. Don't delude yourself, it has nothing to do with health concerns, disease prevention issues, etc. It's all about getting a quick extra buck out of you, insurance scam, forced quarantine (at your expense) scam, etc, etc, etc.

Thailand money number #1.

Wow somebody must have really pulled one over you to be so bitter.

Edited by patongphil
missed word out
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

This would have to be first most honest & accurate news article/report I have read for a long time.

not the usual tribe that is as murky as muddy water ...

It would have been an honest and accurate report if it was showing some numbers, statistics: how many people entered Thailand? How many were hospitalised? How many quarantined?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, connda said:

There are contracts between the hotels, the hospitals, and the labs?  This combination is a recipe for monetary exploitation!!!

In order to "feed" the hospitals "rich foreigners" all that needs to be done is for the labs to manipulate the Covid-19 PCR test cycle counts as cycle counts are not standardized.  Push the cycle count for foreign arrivees to 35, 40, or 45 and it will be pretty much guaranteed to create numerous false positive which in turn make this unholy union a s**t-ton of money.  Then you wonder why Thailand keeps dropping in the global corruption index?

If I was outside of the country, you couldn't pay me to come here right now. 

But you have no evidence of such collusion?