Warning against traveling to Thailand

webfact

2 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

You don't need proof it, when it's official practice that there are extra price lists for foreigners in the hospitals, with sometimes 200%-300% higher prices for one and the same activity or operation. Morally, the medical oath here is subject to greed for money.

Proof is useful. Without proof it's just hysterical slander. Another bonkers conspiracy  theory

Separate pricing is nothing to do with the lies being spread about labs lying and fixing results

Edited by The Hammer2021

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

Pure and simple scam - LOS at its worst.  How many new millionaires has Covid created here?  I want to visit family in UK but dread the return. My family will not visit me under this regime; we are effectively imprisoned in Stalag Thailand - unless we make the move out permanent!

Oh come now.... I know many Expats who got back here.....travelling back from here to UK is also no biggie....since Denmark etc are cancelling all restrictions now, I expect the world to follow... maybe not China....good I say on that. 

Edited by jacko45k

28 minutes ago, thaimacky said:

In my home country, travel agencies have been warning against flying to Thailand since the new Test&Go regulation. Alternatives are offered to customers everywhere. I know of well over 10 people who actually wanted to travel to Thailand but have now changed their plans.

Same in my country.The incurancecompanies also complain about thailand.Its about time thailand learn their lessons.But i guess they will continue this style.

• Like 2

A couple, earlier this year returned.

In the SHA+ Hotel she tested positive and had to stay in hospital, he had to self isolate in hotel.

At the end of his isolation, he tested positive so had to isolate a further ten days.

I don't trust hotels, corruption is rife.

He ended up £5,000 out of pocket.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, drenddy said:

It's their (stupid) rules, but if you want to travel to Thailand, then you are accountable for your choice, whining after that is pointless.

Should I need to travel, I would definitely contact my insurance company, explain them how things are being done in Thailand and, if possible, have them to agree for any upfront payment requested by the hospital.

Tried that,couldn’t get a definitive answer. The problem is customer services is the front company. Claims will be handled by the underwriters (totally different) and so you won’t find out for sure until you actually claim. A lottery with the odds against you.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Leatherneck said:

Agree. The possibility of a "close contact" situation is nerve wracking since none of the insurance companies will cover it. When I came back last month, I didn't want to be near anyone...still don't.

If I lived in or near Bangkok it wouldn't be so bad as I could go home and stay until day 5 but I have to get to Mahasarakham first.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

I want to go back to visit my family in the UK but am dreading returning to Thailand.

It's been over three years now and my young grandchildren hardly recognise who I am .

But coming back to this!!!

I'll just have to wait a bit longer, I had planned for later next month but articles like this scare the living daylights out of me..

Very informative article though

People  want to make a mountain out of a molehill.

I went to the UK in August, to get in I had to do pre departure and then 3 other PCR tests with 6 days quarantine in the Holiday Inn at my own expense. Should have been 10 days but I did test to release.

On coming back I had to do pre-departure and if that tested positive I would have been stuck in the UK for another 10 days quarantine at my own expense.

To get back I had to pay upfront for 15 days quarantine in ASQ to for the COE, that got reduced to 7 days on arrival with 2 PCR tests, day 1 and day 6. I had to initiate a charge back to get a refund from Agoda which they contested initially but eventually conceded.

Had I tested positive on the day 6 test I would have faced more quarantine.

Things are very much easier now, but still the whinging.

Maybe better if they went back to the mandatory 15 days for everyone, with that there was hardly anyone on the flight so little chance of catching anything and failing a post arrival test.

8 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Insurance is key.  Specifically one that also covers asymptomatic sickness.  Some won't cover your hospital stay unless you're sick.

Yes and I need to start looking at insurance myself. Does anyone know of companies that will cover you if you're asymptomatic?

On that point if you test positive wouldn't that count as being sick even though there are no symptoms? Many illnesses such as cancer don't have symptoms. I've just had my prostate removed due to cancer but there were no symptoms related to that. It was only due to the effects of the prostate being enlarged that I ended up seeing the doctor in the first place.

8 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Yes, and this being Thailand, you never know whether the PCR tests and results are proper. That's why I plan to be away till late 2023, hoping that the pandemic is over by then, and Thailand unable to profit from it.

I'm not sure my wife would go for that? 

Best of luck

• Haha 1