Warning against traveling to Thailand

webfact

On 2/4/2022 at 4:10 PM, kimamey said:

As I've said in another post it's the uncertainty that's the problem.

People  keep going on about the uncertainty in coming to Thailand, what about the uncertainty of leaving western nations. In many countries infection is so high every chance you could bounce from one pre-departure PCR test to the next, trapped  in your so called holiday destination for weeks on end. 

You cannot live with uncertainty.

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, mikebell said:

No, I'm from UK so my State pension is 360 UKP per MONTH frozen for the last fourteen years = 15000 a month.

That was a fortune back in 2008! 

It is a serious miscarriage of equity that this can occur. 

• Like 2

On 2/4/2022 at 1:24 AM, calbts2 said:

Vietnam is targeting a full reopening by April 1, hopefully this will be the real turning point now as Thailand will be completely shunned by any sane tourist when travel to most of the surrounding countries do not require multiple pcr tests on arrival, forced hotel quarantines, and getting a special pass just to enter.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/02/03/vietnam-intends-to-reopen-for-international-tourists-in-march-or-april/

The covid insurance and the 3 day quarantine will mostly hindered any improvement in tourism I'm afraid. I believe that will eventually be drop once they see most tourists will not accept those condition. I read that Viet Nam had 3 phases in place for the reopening of the country.  The first phase involved tour packages for designated destinations since last November. The second phase began last month with more destinations available and finally the third phase in starting in June where the whole country is completely open for travelers. Viet Nam is over 90% fully vaccinated with 18 years of age  and over.  The booster shot is coming along nicely too. 

Edited by BayArea
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

That was a fortune back in 2008! 

It is a serious miscarriage of equity that this can occur. 

It has nothing to do with equity, it is a serious case of discrimination on the part of successive UK governments. The government position is it has always been that way, if that made things right we would still have slavery.

Every politician in the UK will stand up and claim discrimination cannot be tolerated, yet every year the House votes to discriminate against a percentage of UK citizens when they pass the Social Security Act.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1