Warning against traveling to Thailand

webfact

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

Laughable system, once word of this gets around and by that I mean printed in every newspaper in Europe the tourists will abandon Thailand.

word has gotten around for many years about the fleecing antic's and corruption here But tourist's still came ..millions of them ..do you really think this will be any different 

• Like 1

Surprise Surprise Just discovered my Canadian BlueCross  DoesNot cover Asymptomatic forced Hotel/Hospital stays.  After given runaround with double speak and Insurance BS.                               But covered for $5 million ! or  Not.   OK so IF when we leave LOS we are found positive  Are there symptoms we ‘might ‘ have that would then ‘qualify’ for payment of hotel/ hospital charges.                    Asking for a friend.   

• Like 1

Personally I am not that interested in traveling anywhere in the world you just don't know when the next strain is going to be or what it will look like.

While I can understand the frustration of those that want to or have to travel.

I can understand the government side.  Imagine if they removed this and a new strain that was worse than omicron hit.  The government in most countries are in no win situations.

If everything stays as is the quarantine should be eased in a few months and cease by the fall.

What would happen if you are forced into a hospital because of positive test, but you don't have the means to pay for it upfront (let's say you don't have credit cards, atm cards, and only 20k THB cash on you), yet you have the covid insurance?  Will the hospital work with the insurer directly for payment?

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I'd like to see some actual numbers on how many people have successfully claimed such compensation from their (Thai) insurers. Zero? Single digits? All I've seen is stories about people saying their holidays have been ruined by the insurance companies refusing to pay these bills, in spite of them obviously having had the level of cover demanded by the government to be allowed into the country.

Can you provide links to these 'stories' please?

18 minutes ago, thairookie said:

So what if the tourist does not have 100,000 baht to pay upfront ?  Or he simply refuses, insisting on waiting for his approved insurance to foot the bill ?  He gets transferred to a "hospicell" or "prisontel" to serve his quarantine ?

This is similar to the entrance fees at the national parks. Thais without money are usually sent home with home quarantine or put in a hospital camp free of charge. Foreigners with little money rarely have a choice.

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:
7 hours ago, webfact said:

the guest has no choice but to be hospitalized at that specific hospital for 7-10 days at their own cost

Not true.

Some of our guests have been allowed to quarantine in their pre-booked private villa. As long as their symptoms are minor.

7 groups so far.

So the author of the article cited in the OP is fundamentally lying and spreading disinformation that's eagerly being lapped up by the stress monkeys and Thai bashers.

I wonder if the author Gregers Møller is a forum member already?

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

I want to go back to visit my family in the UK but am dreading returning to Thailand.

It's been over three years now and my young grandchildren hardly recognise who I am .

But coming back to this!!!

I'll just have to wait a bit longer, I had planned for later next month but articles like this scare the living daylights out of me..

Very informative article though

I have been back to the UK twice since the pandemic started. I am sorry you are just making excuses, if you really cared about seeing your Grandkids then nothing would stop you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Absolutely correct, this report needs to be published in all the worlds leading news outlets plus the travel companies

All you need to do is send this address........

https://scandasia.com/warning-against-traveling-to-thailand/

............to whosoever needs to know/is likely to disseminate it further.

• Like 1