Thousands of refugees cross back into Myanmar, as conditions on Thai side prove unbearable

webfact

It’s now a widespread Civil War between Civilians Everywhere & Military.

Excellent BBC News Online article yesterday. UK to intervene, as former colonial power there, with military supplies & training for Civilians to balance same from China & Russia to Junta. Young majority Burman tribe people joining the fight which has now extended to urban centers.  

On 2/4/2022 at 3:31 PM, hotchilli said:

Thai compassion...

The Thai racists have had plenty of practice. They used to send Cambodian refugees back to certain death from Pol Pot. Not far from where my wife grew up in Chantaburi.

According to their religion, all life is sacred except human!

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 5:34 PM, xtrnuno41 said:

What is new? Thailand follows the rest of the world in behavior?!

In France , many Africans want to cross to UK. They are just waiting and built "shelters", which France is destroying every time.

Australia has people in detention centers, same as tennis player Djokovic. There are people over there already 9 years, cant do anything then to sit there and wait. They are somehow lucky, as there are people being dumped on an island, with nothing at all.

How about the USA? You dont hear anything anymore about the immense amount of people marching to USA.

Lots of Syrian people on a Greek island, going nowhere, but just sitting on that island.

China rounding up Eighurs for a brain wash in camps. 

Just some samples. There will be a lot more

And i think to myself, what a wonderfull world , o yeaaaaaaah.  

Sounds like you feel sorry for these opportunistic scum. Thailand is like Japan in a way. They don't let ethnic and religious fanatics get a foot in the door! One of the advantages of living here. The Thais don't treat us with equality, but they have more respect for us than Lebanese Muslims have for us in Australia!

• Haha 1

On 2/4/2022 at 2:30 PM, thaitom said:

Goodbye !  now to flush them out of the villages, namely mine !  KM.48

Me and Me and Me and My!
My ego is the only "I".
All the rest can go to hell
Im ok so all is well.

Off topic but related: A guy today near soi 3 Sukhumvit with a woman and child wanted to speak to me, so I gave him a moment. He started out "I am from Syria..." and I thanked him and moved on. I've heard the same opening in Istanbul. But: in retrospect I should have asked him how he even got in this country, and how he was able to get enough to eat. And given him some baht. It's a hard world now.

23 hours ago, TropicalGuy said:

It’s now a widespread Civil War between Civilians Everywhere & Military.

Excellent BBC News Online article yesterday. UK to intervene, as former colonial power there, with military supplies & training for Civilians to balance same from China & Russia to Junta. Young majority Burman tribe people joining the fight which has now extended to urban centers.  

Hi - do you have a link to the report of the UK providing military supplies?  This is the first that I've heard of this. (I lived and worked in Yangon, Mandaly, Naypyitaw and did many travels to Loikaw, Demoso etc).  Thanks.

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

Hi - do you have a link to the report of the UK providing military supplies?  This is the first that I've heard of this. (I lived and worked in Yangon, Mandaly, Naypyitaw and did many travels to Loikaw, Demoso etc).  Thanks.

My mistake Simon I meant UK “ should” give such aid rather than my “ to” do it ???????? Never been there myself but  interested in it’s history…and it’s current predicament….did see Rambo 4 movie though …. was that realistic ? Seemed so to me ! ????

On 2/4/2022 at 12:39 PM, Enzian said:

A sad and almost impossible situation. 

No one in the world likes what has been going on in Burma for a year, but the concept of national sovereignty, along with most nations wish to avoid being accused of empire building, means that no one will just go in and overturn the junta. And the UN would probably be risking its entire existence if it tried.

I would like to read more about Thailand's response.

For the UN to take action requires approval from the Security Council; that will not occur with PRC right of veto, combined with ASEAN policy of non interference.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 1:47 PM, Albert Zweistein said:

And the solution is ?

No solution, it is in human. If you replace leaders, you have other leaders, doing the same or even worse.

You see that in history of humans all the time, any time. In any group we form, may it be religion, politic or whatever.

But cutting back on humans would be a good idea, as we are with too many. Stress could get less.

No more babies anymore for a period of beginning for 2 years.

We control animals in growth, so why not humans? Or did we already try with corona?

On 2/5/2022 at 1:55 PM, crouchpeter said:

Sounds like you feel sorry for these opportunistic scum. Thailand is like Japan in a way. They don't let ethnic and religious fanatics get a foot in the door! One of the advantages of living here. The Thais don't treat us with equality, but they have more respect for us than Lebanese Muslims have for us in Australia!

Probably you had/have a good life and think all beneath you is scum, also if they have other ways of thinking.

I agree you cant let a religious group take over all. However there is one religion working all the time, money.
long time ago, we had the same thoughts. We had inquisitions, you were burnt alive on a stake, not going to church or didnt believe.

As a woman, if you were to light in weight, you were a witch then and get burnt alive.

Knights went out to the holy land to kill the unfaithful (Muslim) as they had another believe.

So still there are religions, you can even start your own one, and abuse people who believe you. That is given in any religion we have

and had. Religion is a control of people by indoctrination of people, as they need to believe in a god.

You think Thai treat you with respect? Hey they respect the money way more better, they dont give a damn about you, white boy.

On 2/4/2022 at 3:54 PM, soalbundy said:

We haven't seen anything yet, wait until global warming makes many countries intolerable to live in then the great trek to Northern Europe, America, Canada etc. will follow. I'm sure a contingency plan has been put in place and it will have nothing to do with shelters or camps.

There are no plans, they are trying now with all kinds of stupid wild measurements. Lots of swinging with their arms, screaming.

North Europe? My country is below sea level and i have red some about their "plans", as sea levels rise.

But not yet any solution or work on it.

They have to decide, building up "walls" in the sea or just let the country be flooded and we all move.

I would say, limit the number of people on the earth, cut it down. As with the exponential growth of people , we see exponential troubles rising. Extreme, shocked, as i say so? It is a logical decision. No more babies, stop.

7 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

No solution, it is in human. If you replace leaders, you have other leaders, doing the same or even worse.

You see that in history of humans all the time, any time. In any group we form, may it be religion, politic or whatever.

But cutting back on humans would be a good idea, as we are with too many. Stress could get less.

No more babies anymore for a period of beginning for 2 years.

We control animals in growth, so why not humans? Or did we already try with corona?

Chinese rules ?

On 2/4/2022 at 4:21 AM, thaitom said:

What ! Thailand has been patient ! They have even allowed these so-called refugee camps to run for decades.  Thailand needs to shut them down permanently. Tell Myanmar to take control of its problems.  It's not a Thailand issue, and it never should've been.

On 2/4/2022 at 9:41 AM, thaitom said:

And again..... Why and what does it have to do with Thailand ? Why should Thailand have to do anything ? All in the name of human rights ? It's Myanmar's problem, not Thailand's.  Why does Thailand have to be involved forcefully ? Oh, that's right, human rights have no boundaries. So the next time I visit Immigration office I should claim human rights and tell them to back off and let me live where I want with no restrictions. 

Right.  It's not like Thailand's military government supports or sympathizes with Myanmar's military government. 

Oh wait...it does:

SOON AFTER General Min Aung Hlaing mounted a coup against Myanmar’s elected government, a year ago this month, the army chief wrote to the prime minister of next-door Thailand for advice. How, he asked Prayuth Chan-ocha, to build a flourishing democracy?  https://www.economist.com/asia/2022/02/03/myanmars-generals-have-a-dubious-role-model-in-thailand

The general was serious.  As far as he and Prayuth are concerned, only "democracy" completely subservient to the military is acceptable.

The governments of Thailand (military rule pretending to be a democracy) and Myanmar (not even pretending) are mutually supporting and have no intention of letting democracy interfere with their rule.

The Bamar majority, during the brief period of quasi-democracy, made a major mistake in trying to structure government in a manner that kept all power with the Bamar.  Hopefully they've learned better and will work with the ethnic regions to develop a system of democracy that allows some autonomy for the people who have lived in their regions for centuries .These ethnic states, understandably, do not want to be ruled by a far away central government with no concerns for the customs and traditions of any ethnic group other than the Bamar.

First, of course, they must work together to completely eliminate the Tatmadaw.  Thailand certainly won't help in that.

• Like 1