China-made diesel locomotives handed over to Thailand

webfact

5 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Just when everyone else is going electric 20 dinosaur's arrive ????

Where in Satans name do you think the Power for the Electricity comes from

Thunderstorms , static electricity, Don't think so Most electricity Isn't Clean It gets Generated with Fossil fuel, 

If you want Nearly  Clean electricity Fine ,Go Nuclear . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Yawn.

CRRC is the world's largest train manufacturer.  They hardly make things out of scrap metal.

Take your anti Chinese racism elsewhere, it crops up in every thread of this kind and is extremely boring.

I didn´t say they made it out of scrap metal. To me it looks like an overhauled ancient piece of train. I guess they had to fix it up and refurbish before delivering. Otherwise it would have looked like what it really is. A huge piece of refurbished scrap metal.

Regarding your boredom, I have a great suggestion for you. Try reading only the piece of news on the top. That way you will not have to think about anything that "crops up" in every thread. ???? See, what a valuable little piece of information, I just gave you at no extra charge.

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

I didn´t say they made it out of scrap metal. To me it looks like an overhauled ancient piece of train. I guess they had to fix it up and refurbish before delivering. Otherwise it would have looked like what it really is. A huge piece of refurbished scrap metal.

Regarding your boredom, I have a great suggestion for you. Try reading only the piece of news on the top. That way you will not have to think about anything that "crops up" in every thread. ???? See, what a valuable little piece of information, I just gave you at no extra charge.

If you saw the state of the trains that go from Ubon to BKK, you would think the Chinese gift were a WOW...The drivers will be very happy....????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The new diesel locomotives could help the State Railway of Thailand to provide faster and safer transportation of passengers and freight, thus improving the quality of service of the Thai railway,with guaranteed train punctuality of 1 minute, error for Thailand of 1 hour or more he said.

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

Absolutely hilarious - must have taken you ages to come up with that one!!

Yep, will fall apart in six months, just like your iphone, macbook, hp computer, prada bag, nike shoes, volvo car, or indeed any of their trains.

China has world class engineering and manufacturing - especially when it comes to trains - whether your racist preconceptions like it or not.  

might have world class engineering & manufacturing but their QA/QC is up to s_hit , or hadn't you noticed !  ????

Lol ....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

They are pretty. Why the blue & yellow paint scheme? I also wonder if all 20 work.

They were originally destined for the Ukraine?

But that would annoy their new best mates, so they diverted them en route and made up a story about them being built for Thailand?

• Like 1

The news from cn does not feature a photo so the photo could be another like this one.

China's rolling-stock maker CRRC Qingdao Sifang Co. Ltd. has produced nine diesel trains for Sri Lanka.

China produces new diesel trains for Sri Lanka - China Plus

Edited by BE88
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, steven100 said:

might have world class engineering & manufacturing but their QA/QC is up to s_hit , or hadn't you noticed !  ????

Lol ....

I used to work on Chinese large mobile cranes imported to OZ, even the air brake pipes were not connected in the right place, the first one we got it took 3 months of R/ D to make it safe for Australian roads and other safety issues. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, transam said:

If you saw the state of the trains that go from Ubon to BKK, you would think the Chinese gift were a WOW...The drivers will be very happy....????

I have seen them. They are horrible. Doesn´t make this better, though. ????

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

plenty of electric driven trains in the world with powered lines or overhead cables.

Yes indeed, but in Thailand (apart from Bangkok) the SRT has no powered lines or overhead cables throughout the country's existing 1 meter narrow gauge system. All passenger and freight trains are powered by diesel locomotives or rail cars. Imagine the astronomical cost to electrify all of Thailand's State system!

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Absolutely hilarious - must have taken you ages to come up with that one!!

Yep, will fall apart in six months, just like your iphone, macbook, hp computer, prada bag, nike shoes, volvo car, or indeed any of their trains.

China has world class engineering and manufacturing - especially when it comes to trains - whether your racist preconceptions like it or not.  

Certainly not in the spa world. But they should have given the amount of intellectual property and copyright they’ve stolen. But one doth protest too much. What’s all that about then? Chinese folk are ok, but they were kind of renowned for churning out absolute garbage, no. Off topic, posit most ire is aimed at their disgusting gov and the racist abuse towards the Tibetans, Uighur, etc etc. Now that’s something worth being emotive about isn’t it?

Nice to see they can finally replace those antique diesel locomotives from the 70s.

Will the be used for passenger or cargo or both? What are the specifications of the diesel engine? Most likely EURO5 emission standard so a big improvement.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CLW said:

Nice to see they can finally replace those antique diesel locomotives from the 70s.

Will the be used for passenger or cargo or both? What are the specifications of the diesel engine? Most likely EURO5 emission standard so a big improvement.

So why did they accept the old rusty ones from Japan?

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

So why did they accept the old rusty ones from Japan?

How many were those? Four? And it's still not clear if they will be ever used in Thailand. I heard something they will be only used for special occasions which is some Thai code word of "we let them rotting away until everyone forgot about them"

• Haha 1

In North America the move away from diesel electric locomotives is just getting underway. Union Pacific has ordered 20 battery powered units from Caterpillar. Canadian Pacific has been testing a  hydrogen fuel cell locomotive retrofitted by Ballard Power. A number more have been ordered. 

• Like 1