Before i book a further 30 days, just double checking on the 60 day extension

Hello,

Just about to book my airbnb for a further 30 days, from the end of Feb. I arrived on visa exempt Dec 31st, and received a 30 day extension taking me up to feb 28th. Looking at the news, it seems very likely I will get a further 60 days?

Cheers

It has been straightforward so far, but it varies between offices, and nobody can say for sure whether things will change in terms of strictness towards the end of the month. Your best move really is to go 1-2 weeks before your expiration, get your extension, and then you'll have peace of mind to book your airbnb.

• Like 1

Wasn’t there some discussion on here on another thread where there had been an immigration memorandum issued the basically said that covid extensions would only be issued with a good reason? I’m in virtually the same boat, I’m off to immigration on Wednesday to get my 30 day extension, this will take me up to the 13th of March I would then like to apply for a covid extension before I finally do my non OA visa application based on retirement, but I’ve been told the application can take a while to sort out, what I don’t want to do is get my 30 day extension then two weeks into that go for a covid extension only to be refused and then running out of time to my non OA visa application 

I have a number of CV visa exempt extensions on my N.Z. passport, & I was issued another 2 month CV extension on Jan. 24th, ending on Mar. 25, 2022. I was told that was the last CV extension.  However, some local people told me that there was another extension for Laos people who were in Thailand, so today I went back to the Immi. Office, and asked if this applied to foreigners as well.    I was told there is indeed another extension for foreigners, and I have to return to the office on 24th Feb., and I will get another 2 month extension, which will last until May, 2022.  As the staff in the office can not speak English very well, that's all the info I could get. This is the Chiang Khan office, in Loei Province.

14 hours ago, essex boys said:

......I would then like to apply for a covid extension before I finally do my non OA visa application based on retirement,....

Where do plan to apply for a non O-A visa. 

That can only be obtained in your home country or country of legal permanent residence. 

I came beginning dec and got my 30 days on arrival. Then I got 30 days more for 1900 baht.

Beginning Feb I got instead the 60 Days covid extension only 28 days for again 1900 baht at Pattaya immigration.

Now I have to change my flight two days earlier.

I thought Thailand needs money from tourists ???

1 hour ago, dorlemon said:

Beginning Feb I got instead the 60 Days covid extension only 28 days for again 1900 baht at Pattaya immigration

Think you were given an "under consideration stamp" to report back on certain date.

You will then be stamped in for the total of 60 days when you return on that date. 

You can only obtain one 30 day extension per entry from a visa exempt entry. 

On 2/9/2022 at 11:39 AM, DrJack54 said:

Think you were given an "under consideration stamp" to report back on certain date.

You will then be stamped in for the total of 60 days when you return on that date. 

You can only obtain one 30 day extension per entry from a visa exempt entry. 

Perhaps you can help Dr Jack, someone I know who entered on visa exempt has been told by an agent that the immi do not do 30 day extensions now, only 60 day Covid extensions. 

Not a problem, just a new one to me but perhaps not to you and UbonJoe. Jomtien imm. 

18 minutes ago, rott said:

Perhaps you can help Dr Jack, someone I know who entered on visa exempt has been told by an agent that the immi do not do 30 day extensions now, only 60 day Covid extensions. 

The agent was wrong. You can apply for the standard 30 day extension of a visa exempt entry.

Most offices require you to do the 30 day extension before they will issue the 60 day covid 19 extension.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rott said:

I know who entered on visa exempt has been told by an agent that the immi do not do 30 day extensions now, only 60 day Covid extensions

The agent knows nothing in it for him for your friend to obtain 30 day extension. That's why he tried to trick.

If your friend obtains his 30 day extension, then depending on his dates, may be able to obtain a 60 covid extension prior to March 26. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1