Travel to Italy from Thailand - Does anyone know the restrictions for entry?

Longwood50

I am looking to travel to Italy in May for strictly tourism purposes.  I see that Italy is open to those with an EU covid passport.  However I am a bit confused as to whether Italy does or does not have travel restrictions for tourists coming from Thailand.  There are still flights so it appears as though travel to Italy from Thailand has not been stopped.  Does anyone know what the current requirements to enter for tourist purposes are? 

A couple of minutes on the "Ministero della Salute" website and it appears Thailand is on "List E" which is all countries not mentioned on other lists and it's stated that "From these countries it is not possible to enter Italy for tourism reasons".  There is talk of a "travel corridor" between Italy and Phuket but that seems to be intended for tourism in the other direction, if it would work to rather than from Italy remains to be seen.

Must be Italian, EU or have specific reasons from TH:

Most travelers who have been in risk countries in the previous 14 days before arrival are not allowed to enter Italy. This entry restriction does not apply to Italian Citizens and lawful permanent residents, Citizens of the European Union or the Schengen area and their family members, as well as holders of long-term resident status and their family members, Travelers who have a proven and stable emotional relationship (even if not cohabiting) with Italian/EU/Schengen citizens or natural persons who are legally resident in Italy (long-term residents), and who need to reach their partner's home/domicile/residence in Italy, and Travelers with work, health, study reasons as well as with urgent matters and those returning home.

Let's wait as rules are going to possibly change in March/End March. Cases and deaths are still high in Italy nowadays and Green Pass needed to travel or enter all venues. As Sinovac, Sinopharm, Sputnik and Astra TH are not accepted, a tourist with no green pass will be pretty much stuck.

Edited by NicoBKK
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NicoBKK said:

Must be Italian, EU or have specific reasons from TH:

Most travelers who have been in risk countries in the previous 14 days before arrival are not allowed to enter Italy. This entry restriction does not apply to Italian Citizens and lawful permanent residents, Citizens of the European Union or the Schengen area and their family members, as well as holders of long-term resident status and their family members, Travelers who have a proven and stable emotional relationship (even if not cohabiting) with Italian/EU/Schengen citizens or natural persons who are legally resident in Italy (long-term residents), and who need to reach their partner's home/domicile/residence in Italy, and Travelers with work, health, study reasons as well as with urgent matters and those returning home.

Let's wait as rules are going to possibly change in March/End March. Cases and deaths are still high in Italy nowadays and Green Pass needed to travel or enter all venues. As Sinovac, Sinopharm, Sputnik and Astra TH are not accepted, a tourist with no green pass will be pretty much stuck.

AZ TH is accepted in Italy as equivalent vaccine to European AZ since November 2021.

I have been in Italy during Christmas holidays and my 2 AZ shots have been enough to enter everywhere.

now with the EU QR code from MorProm is gonna be even easier.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dadadede said:

AZ TH is accepted in Italy as equivalent vaccine to European AZ since November 2021.

I have been in Italy during Christmas holidays and my 2 AZ shots have been enough to enter everywhere.

now with the EU QR code from MorProm is gonna be even easier.

If  you are saying that the vaccination QR code on the Mo Phrom (หมอพร้อม) app can now be verified with the EU verification apps, this is great news. I was hoping that this would become possible.

As I have no access to anybody here with the Mo Phrom code in the north of Italy, I should appreciate it if you or anybody else could double check this. If you read Italian, you can use the Italian verification app VerificaC19 that can be downloaded from the Google Play store to read someone's Mo Phrom QR code with your phone, otherwise use the app CovidCheck.lu of Luxembourg, which lets you chose English.

With the Luxembourg app, you should get a result something like this:

1696702327_CovidQRreaderLU.thumb.jpg.25b4895f8bddc40bb6afe313ec209fcf.jpg

On 2/10/2022 at 4:11 AM, Puccini said:

If  you are saying that the vaccination QR code on the Mo Phrom (หมอพร้อม) app can now be verified with the EU verification apps, this is great news. I was hoping that this would become possible.

As I have no access to anybody here with the Mo Phrom code in the north of Italy, I should appreciate it if you or anybody else could double check this. If you read Italian, you can use the Italian verification app VerificaC19 that can be downloaded from the Google Play store to read someone's Mo Phrom QR code with your phone, otherwise use the app CovidCheck.lu of Luxembourg, which lets you chose English.

With the Luxembourg app, you should get a result something like this:

1696702327_CovidQRreaderLU.thumb.jpg.25b4895f8bddc40bb6afe313ec209fcf.jpg

I meant that also the Yellow book released by Thailand was accepted in Italy by law. I used it at immigration and to enter to restaurants. Only very few restaurants who did not know well the law didn't want to take the risk to let me in as I didn't have the QR code but just a paper certificate. 

I scanned the EU QR code made from MorProm with VerificaC19, it works . My problem is that my family name has two parts and they messed up so now it is not showing my full name. But my GF who has a single family name has all properly set.

cheers!

• Thanks 1