'Horseshoe' Sukhumvit 22, now Makro.

Edward Abbott

Does anyone who used to drink at the bar complex in the title, know if the previous bars there (which are now gone and a Makro standing in their place) know if the previous owners moved to another area?

I've been away for the past year and used to enjoy drinking there. Maybe they've all scattered to the four winds?

Cheers

10 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Sure the Thais are much happier a Makro is there now.  I certainly would be if living or working in the area.

Krung Thep gets better every day ????

Now we just have to slowly diminish the Farang element.

Better every day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Miss the QPP also...  It was a "rebound" Bar area for a lot of 'Squaronians'....

especially the Moonshine.

The closure of Washington Square was a bit of a progression towards QPP.

First the part closed with the Texxan and Silver Dollar...   the crowd then migrated to the P.O.W, Taffy's, B52, Easy Pub...  then when they shut >>>  to the QPP.

Moonshine had the great food and sometimes free dinners on special occasions.

Thanksgiving and Xmas dinners were packed. 

The B52 was good for an "intimate" evening of light relief, especially your wallet.

Bundy and Popeye were fun bars but unpleasant after a while because they allowed smoking.

The small bars scattered between the former QPP and Sukhumvit are quite enjoyable late afternoons. Also the Soi between 18 and 20.

Is <deleted> 2 still open, anyone?

• Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 9:45 AM, KhunLA said:

Sure the Thais are much happier a Makro is there now.  I certainly would be if living or working in the area.

Krung Thep gets better every day ????

Just been in there, it opened in Dec, certainly an improvement on crappy bars and tarts hanging about. Stuff I buy is about half the price of some other shops, they don't sell booze though.

Edited by clivebaxter
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Very sad that QPP closed, it was the last of what i thought of as the old ramshackle nightlife areas. Wonderful nights there pre covid with bars open toll

7am etc

Bangkok is simply not the same without it 

Life moves on, the Sukhumvit low so sex dives are a thing of the past, just NP and SC to get rid of ????

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 3:30 AM, bangkok19 said:

Miss the QPP also...  It was a "rebound" Bar area for a lot of 'Squaronians'....

especially the Moonshine.

The closure of Washington Square was a bit of a progression towards QPP.

First the part closed with the Texxan and Silver Dollar...   the crowd then migrated to the P.O.W, Taffy's, B52, Easy Pub...  then when they shut >>>  to the QPP.

Moonshine had the great food and sometimes free dinners on special occasions.

Thanksgiving and Xmas dinners were packed. 

The B52 was good for an "intimate" evening of light relief, especially your wallet.

Bundy and Popeye were fun bars but unpleasant after a while because they allowed smoking.

The small bars scattered between the former QPP and Sukhumvit are quite enjoyable late afternoons. Also the Soi between 18 and 20.

Is <deleted> 2 still open, anyone?

Moonshine is still around, they have moved to Soi 7, and they still have their annual Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. Also several other bars have moved to Soi 7 from Queens Park.

I actually live at Sukhumvit Soi 50 and for a few years there has been a complex of bars there opposite Tesco. Cheap Charlie's also moved there. These bars are a much better class of bars than QPP IMO. Well, in the sense that you don't have girls bugging you for drinks and the girls working there are not available for barfine if you do get tempted after a few beers. I drink there most days now.

Edited by Edward Abbott
Spelling