Again here we have dual pricing, This will just not go away

Anna Rak

I kinda like the dual pricing system Thailand has, it keeps away the cheap Charlie's. 

If you're not happy with it don't come here, we have too many moaners, whinging, whining dead beats. 

Look at all the negatively these posts generate, hateful comments about Thailand, members complaining about Thailand, the system was here well before you guys arrived, put up with it, your complaints here just encourage the weak to follow you and comment negatively. 

I hear Afghanistan is looking for tourists, I haven't read any dual pricing over there. 

I'm ready for all the sad, confused faces. 

Sometimes the truth is sad and confusing. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

17 hours ago, RocketDog said:

As you may also know dual tuition prices are also the case for Americans. In-state tuition is considerably less for residents.

Also note that a few nights in a hotel are a far cry from a semester or more at a university. My adopted Japanese daughter paid $18,000 for her last year of high school in Colorado about 20 years ago.

Given that most state functions and even private enterprises general suck on the government t*t to some extent or another and that taxes pay for the government, I don't personally get exercised about dual pricing. It happens pretty much everywhere in the world as you point out.

I'm not going to get bent about a few hundred ฿. I didn't move here because it was cheap, but because the 2016 election convinced me to get out of Dodge before it got worse (and it did). My home country has become almost unrecognizable and I have no intention of returning.

You won't have recognised how bad Thailand has gotten since 2014 when the country was stolen by a bunch of generals and their tinpot soldiers at gunpoint.

7 hours ago, possum1931 said:

You won't have recognised how bad Thailand has gotten since 2014 when the country was stolen by a bunch of generals and their tinpot soldiers at gunpoint.

I came in 2016. There was a tinpot dictator as president when I left. Thailand suits me fine thanks.

• Confused 1

On 2/9/2022 at 6:05 AM, bkk6060 said:

In their minds most if not all of us are guests here and thus, should be subject to higher rates.

It is what it is and will never change.

not just guests we help their economy..covid and lack of tourists proved that... Duel pricing is wrong

• Like 2

On 2/9/2022 at 7:04 AM, bbko said:

In my home country of Merica, they have dual pricing for foreigners wanting to use our colleges & universities, and it's a lot more than 1,000b.

International students always pay more when studying overseas. That also includes Thailand, where Thai students pay less than foreigners in International programs. 

• Like 2

On 2/10/2022 at 9:47 AM, possum1931 said:

How has it been different following the other 17 coups in Thailand? Same trough, different pigs. That's all. We are overdue for another coup. 

On 2/9/2022 at 9:40 AM, Letseng said:

Why would Australia opening influence dual pricing in Thailand? 

Sorry I didn't mean dual pricing I meant the stupid PCR Test and Go Back Go, must learn to be more precise in my posts.

????