Again here we have dual pricing, This will just not go away

Anna Rak

Guest Isaanlife
4 minutes ago, desert dueller said:

Try somewhere else where the pricing is fair and equitable. Very simple. Don't forget to let them know why you have decided to go elsewhere. Provided of course there actually is an "elsewhere" to be found....

Go somewhere else when her home is in Buriram?

8 hours ago, Anna Rak said:

but we will be traveling home to Buriram after release,

So why don't you quarantine at home after release from Bkk. 

My friend was in Phuket and on release went home to his family in Sukhothai. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

So why don't you quarantine at home after release from Bkk. 

My friend was in Phuket and on release went home to his family in Sukhothai. 

have to have the 5th night in a sha+ hotel with a test

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Anna Rak said:

To be fair, I have emailed plenty of SHA plus+ in Buriram but this is the first I have had a reply from, so will wait and see.

I really think that now even Australia is opening up that the Thai's may drop this nonsense.  ????????

We live in hope,,

• Like 1

13 hours ago, blackcab said:

The name of the hotel and other identifying information has been removed due to the stringent defamation laws in Thailand.

The name of the hotel still appears toward the end of the OP.

7 hours ago, bbko said:

In my home country of Merica, they have dual pricing for foreigners wanting to use our colleges & universities, and it's a lot more than 1,000b.

They also have "dual pricing" for out of state US students attending public universities that are not in their own state.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hanuman2547 said:

They also have "dual pricing" for out of state US students attending public universities that are not in their own state.  

I am not sure if this was your point or not but the big difference is dual pricing as I have seen it in the States is based on whether or not you are paying taxes to the government that is subsidizing the service.  I.e. out of state tuition is for people that haven't paid to support the University.  This is why paying more at national parks might make sense but a hotel and private hospital aren't receiving government money (?).  But in the States if you are a resident even if you are a not citizen you are not paying the higher rate.

Before anyone says it, I know for universities moving to a state for the purpose of attending school doesn't qualify you for in state tuition.. But that is a sort of a special case.  If you moved for other reasons then you are a resident for tuition purposes after the time period set in law. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RandiRona said:

I doubt that would change anything. It has been ingrained in Thai culture that charging more to foreigners since they are rich is just and accepted. They see nothing wrong in that as verified by a court order recently where Court agreed it to be constitutional. So in their eyes, they are following the law.

Yes, I just wonder why Thai's never look at what they are actually saying?  Why is it that Thai's are so poor compared to Farang? What is it about Thai's that their lot in life never improves economically? Being the poor of the world is what they have institutionalized with that dual pricing logic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1