Four year old child savaged by pack of FIVE neighbor's dogs - calls to have them taken away

webfact

15 hours ago, flexomike said:

I guess you didn't read what caused this altercation, you ever had a beer poured on you, someone does that to me and I will turn soi dog on them, end of story

Yes, I did read the story about what caused the Thai-woman-boxer/man-pouring-beer altercation. I understand. That would have been my feelings years ago, but not today.

But, I didn't read what caused the young boy/dog's altercation. Did you?

the problem with this country is,dog licences,dog wardens,rules and regulutions

first half the vehicles on the roads NO LICENES that is the drivers.

dog wardens would be shot on sight.

rules and regulations,nobody would take any notice.

so answer must be JAIL TIME.

On 2/9/2022 at 8:10 AM, MSMU1993 said:

There are many Thais that have dogs and take good care of them, and keep them under control.  But there are a lot that don't.  If I could be PM for a day - i would buy and equip 100 pickups as mini surgeries and higher 100 vets and handlers.  There only job would be to role around the country sterilizing every stray (or left loose) dog they come across.  If they wont take care of them, at least don't allow them to procreate. 

I took in a stray, and one of the first thing I did, was off to the vet, and had her spayed. 

Amazed at the lack of responsible owners.   Even if you're going to dump it at the wat or roadside, at least have it neutered or spayed before.  Too easy and inexpensive to have done.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, billsmart said:

Yes, I did read the story about what caused the Thai-woman-boxer/man-pouring-beer altercation. I understand. That would have been my feelings years ago, but not today.

But, I didn't read what caused the young boy/dog's altercation. Did you?

My comment had nothing to do about the confrontation with the dogs, it was about your comment which had absolutely nothing to do with the post, I don't make comments unless I know what I am talking about, why you had to bring up the comment about the girl boxer apparently is beyond my comprehension, let it rest, end of discussion

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/9/2022 at 8:05 AM, webfact said:

The child's aunty, Deuan, said that Nam Wan was playing where she always did when the Thai breed dogs attacked and she ran out of the house hearing the commotion.

She said that in the past her husband, Nam Wan's grandmother and Nam Wan herself had been bitten by the neighbor's dogs but it was not serious.

Before I comment, this is in no way meant to be blaming the victim, but IMO it is something that needs to be addressed. Fully aware that these dogs have bite history, who in their right mind would leave a 4 year old outside by herself? I have scanned the comments on the thread and haven't seen one mention of this. It is a major part of the whole story.

That said, the ultimate responsibility lies with an owner that willing lets their pack roam. And yes, certainly it is a pack. Even a single dog in a household is part of a 'pack', with the hierarchy starting with the owner, then family members, with the dog at the bottom. Major problem is that too many people treat their dogs like humans; they're not. Even though 'domesticated', they have traits built into their genes going back to their origins of the wolf.

On 2/9/2022 at 8:05 AM, webfact said:

She was prepared to pay for everything - she considered the little girl a relative.

And if the authorities decide to take the dogs away she would agree for the sake of everyone concerned.

Final point, being prepared to pay for everything is not owning the situation, too little too late, the damage has already been done.

And the comment of agreeing with the authorities decision to remove the animals if that decision was made? No comment made by the authorities, and everything stays the same? OWNERS RESPONSIBILITY!

Note: Maybe a bit harsh on this post, but for stories like this I like to imagine the entire picture. Likely get some hate for this as well.

• Like 1

Think I may upset a few readers with the following .

Like it or not , most of us are seeing this horrid event from our own perspective . That is from a non- Buddhist reasoning . One of the main Buddhist beliefs is not to take life from a living creature and that life is a recurring act served by reincarnation . Difficult to get your head round for most of us non Buddhists .  Maybe a compromise could be to round up all strays and keep in a compound and carry out some neutering , especially with the growing threat of rabies .  However other countries in Asia with Buddhism as the main religion do not seem to have the same problems e.g.Cambodia . However I do not understand how the farming of live stock is excluded . Finally , it was not too long ago that a round-up of strays was made on regular occasions but that appears to have stopped .      

3 hours ago, flexomike said:

My comment had nothing to do about the confrontation with the dogs, it was about your comment which had absolutely nothing to do with the post, I don't make comments unless I know what I am talking about, why you had to bring up the comment about the girl boxer apparently is beyond my comprehension, let it rest, end of discussion

I responded to your post.

I also added the other part because that was part of my original post to which you were responding, and, in fact, comparing these two incidents was the very purpose of that original post.

3 hours ago, WingFat said:

What an enlightened comment...NOT. What's your problem dingdong ???

I was just eluding to the fact that soi dogs are smart and will stay out of the sun and lay in the shade. What's your problem Fat??? 

Don't take things so personal and be putting undue stress on yourself, you'll live longer.

On 2/9/2022 at 8:10 AM, MSMU1993 said:

There are many Thais that have dogs and take good care of them, and keep them under control.  But there are a lot that don't.  If I could be PM for a day - i would buy and equip 100 pickups as mini surgeries and higher 100 vets and handlers.  There only job would be to role around the country sterilizing every stray (or left loose) dog they come across.  If they wont take care of them, at least don't allow them to procreate. 

needs more than sterilisation..a cull is needed here ..poor girl 4 years old must have been bloody terrified...did you read the owners quote normally calm but have bitten people before couldn't make this S#£t up could you 

On 2/11/2022 at 9:10 AM, Harveyboy said:

needs more than sterilisation..a cull is needed here ..poor girl 4 years old must have been bloody terrified...did you read the owners quote normally calm but have bitten people before couldn't make this S#£t up could you 

That would offend the Buddhist sensibilities.  Sterilization is about all that they might accept...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MSMU1993 said:

That would offend the Buddhist sensibilities.  Sterilization is about all that they might accept...

yes you are correct might offend the Buddhist but would certainly cut down the hospital visits by the tourists..and locals