Get 90 day Thai Wife Non-O visa from the USA using a local Agent and my Second Passport.

The last 3 times I entered thailand, I came on a 30 day exempt entry, then painstakingly swapped from that to an in-country Non-O. The process is maddening, overly time consuming, and im tired of it. 

I am now looking for recommendations from anyone at all who has used a local American agency in the USA to get their Non-O from Washington DC ( or any embassy for that matter ) 

I never go back to the USA so would need to use an agent, and I have a second valid American passport, so I would be using that as well so that I can still travel around for work on my origional main 10 year passport. 

Can anyone recommend an agency in the US that can handle all this for me? I figured I would ask this forum first before I start calling around to different agencies asking questions and spending alot of time on it. 

Obviously once the visa is in the second passport I would have either the agent, or a friend in the States, DHL me the passport to the country Im working in so that when I do go back to thailand I have the second passport in hand for entry.

Any advice would be appreciated, and I have all documents needed, just looking for agency advice or any way im not seeing to get this done. 

After applying for a non-o visa based upon marriage why didn't you apply for a one year extension of stay? After getting the extension you could apply for a multiple re-entry permit at immigration. 

I am not sure what you want to do is possible.

Thai visa applications are done online now to the embassy in DC or one of the 3 official consulates dependent upon where you are living. After the application is approved would now get a stickerless visa by email now.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

After applying for a non-o visa based upon marriage why didn't you apply for a one year extension of stay? After getting the extension you could apply for a multiple re-entry permit at immigration. 

I am not sure what you want to do is possible.

Thai visa applications are done online now to the embassy in DC or one of the 3 official consulates dependent upon where you are living. After the application is approved would now get a stickerless visa by email now.

Because I am never here long enough to get to the point of 1 year extension. Right now for example I go back to phuket immigration on the 16th of Feb to get the 90 day Non-O stamp, but my employer wants me to travel on March 10th-March 15th. So Ill have to leave before I can get to the point where I can even apply for the 1 year extension. Im never here long enough to get that far. 

So getting a 90 day single entry Non-O based on marriage is done online now? All documents are uploaded online? Nothing sent by mail or in person? 

12 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

Because I am never here long enough to get to the point of 1 year extension. Right now for example I go back to phuket immigration on the 16th of Feb to get the 90 day Non-O stamp, but my employer wants me to travel on March 10th-March 15th. So Ill have to leave before I can get to the point where I can even apply for the 1 year extension. Im never here long enough to get that far. 

How long will you be out of the country?

You can get a single re-entry permit that will keep the remainder of the 90 days from the non-o visa valid when you enter the country.

12 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

So getting a 90 day single entry Non-O based on marriage is done online now? All documents are uploaded online? Nothing sent by mail or in person? 

It is done entirely online and by email. Not need to send your passport or anything else to embassy or consulate.

For info see the e visa site. https://thaievisa.go.th/  You can download the user manual shown at the top of the main page.

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

How long will you be out of the country?

You can get a single re-entry permit that will keep the remainder of the 90 days from the non-o visa valid when you enter the country.

Most likely more than 90 days. 

so you’re saying I can get a single re-entry permit on a 90 day single entry Non-o visa, issued in-country, from either phuket immigration or suvarnabhumi airport (?) and as long as I re-enter before the 90 days are up, I can then still do the 1 year extention? Say I re-enter on the 87th day, now long will they stamp my passport for? Will it be enough time remaining to actually apply for the 1 year extention?

Edited by Leveraged

21 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

so you’re saying I can get a single re-entry permit on a 90 day single entry Non-o visa, issued in-country, from either phuket immigration or suvarnabhumi airport (?) and as long as I re-enter before the 90 days are up, I can then still do the 1 year extention? Say I re-enter on the 87th day, now long will they stamp my passport for? Will it be enough time remaining to actually apply for the 1 year extention?

You can apply for a re-entry permit (single 1000 baht) for the 90 day stay you have. You can get it at Phuket immigration or at Suvarnabhumi airport when departing the country.

You would be stamped into the country to day your current 90 day permit to stay ends. That will be the day the re-entry permit expires.

If you entered the country 3 days before the re-entry permit expires that would be how long you could stay. If you had all the required documents ready that would be enough time to apply for the one year extension. The important thing is that you have  the 400k baht in the bank for 2 months.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you entered the country 3 days before the re-entry permit expires that would be how long you could stay. If you had all the required documents ready that would be enough time to apply for the one year extension. The important thing is that you have  the 400k baht in the bank for 2 months.

Ive got the seasoned money, but its concerning about only having 3 days to apply for the 1 year extention. Everything ive read states that a persons needs to start the process at least 15 days before the end of the visa, and phuket immigration says 21 days before the end of the visa.

@ubonjoe

How long from start to finish does it take to get a Non-O on the e-visa website? 15 days? Longer? Shorter? 

Going through the website right now they are demanding flight numbers (paid for!) and fixed entry dates and exit dates for a Non-O....

Can these dates be easily adjusted later or is it a one time thing where you need to confirm it and stay with it. 

15 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

Ive got the seasoned money, but its concerning about only having 3 days to apply for the 1 year extention. Everything ive read states that a persons needs to start the process at least 15 days before the end of the visa, and phuket immigration says 21 days before the end of the visa.

You are confusing the “in Thailand” process for getting a Non-O visa, where the above is probably correct, and the extension of stay application.

the extension of stay application could be done on the last day of your permission to stay (not a good idea), BUT you would need to be sure that all your paperwork was perfect, your wife was with you and very probably 1 or 2 witnesses, the requirements for witnesses is dependent on the office. You will then get an under consideration stamp and the process will take something from 30 days and up.

Going in on the last day doesn’t allow much time for you to correct your paperwork, so specially for a 1st application it’s not advisable. 

you will almost certainly need to be in Thailand during the complete under consideration period, though a re entry permit may allow a very short trip out and back.

1 hour ago, Leveraged said:

Everything ive read states that a persons needs to start the process at least 15 days before the end of the visa, and phuket immigration says 21 days before the end of the visa.

That is only for the non-o visa application. For the extension of stay you can do on the last day if you need to.

Info is for the extension application is here on the volunteers website. https://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/marriage-m/