‘Big Bike’ rider dies after crashing into bus in Chonburi following argument with girlfriend

snoop1130

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Yesterday, riding leisure on my PCX on Sukhumvit rd. this cream colored bus decided that i was going to slow for him and he was virtually, sitting on my tail light for quite a distance, i felt like stopping and give him a piece of my mind but i decided not to, nothing good would come out of it anyway..

Sorry ezzra but I read this wrong. you were not going to slow for him but you were going TOO slow for him.

A bit picky I know but it does change the story a bit innit. When I am out riding in the styx if any vehicle gets too close I pull over , wait until they have gone by then carry on.

12 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Doesn't look like a big bike to me. Rear tyre is very narrow. 

This is the problem, guys riding these 250, 300 ninjas etc (bikes under 500cc) give us proper big bike riders a bad name

In my opinion any bike over 100hp should be classified as a big bike.

Screenshot_2022-02-12-05-18-30-28_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

I reckon you've got to get up around the 650cc to be classified as a big bike.

My mate has a CRR650r, bloody nice bike, factory 87PS, fit an exhaust you're up there around 100.

Being a Japanese 4 cylinder it has a bloody beautiful sound. 

Cheap as chips, well worth it ✌️

3 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:
12 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Doesn't look like a big bike to me. Rear tyre is very narrow. 

This is the problem, guys riding these 250, 300 ninjas etc (bikes under 500cc) give us proper big bike riders a bad name

In my opinion any bike over 100hp should be classified as a big bike.

Screenshot_2022-02-12-05-18-30-28_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Expand  

I reckon you've got to get up around the 650cc to be classified as a big bike.

My mate has a CRR650r, bloody nice bike, factory 87PS, fit an exhaust you're up there around 100.

Being a Japanese 4 cylinder it has a bloody beautiful sound. 

Cheap as chips, well worth it ✌️

Thats not a big bike... anything smaller than 1000cc is a learner bike... :whistling::hit-the-fan:

Of course, had this bike rider been on a genuine ‘big-bike’ and not one of these pretend ones, he’d have survived when crashing into the front of a bus.

On a less facetious note - Helmets. 

There was no mention that a helmet was or wasn’t worn.

However, it does not appear that either vehicle, particularly the bus took any significant damage, so speed was not ‘huge’...  Was the bike rider wearing a helmet ???

There is none in the picture (or under the sheet). 

24 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats not a big bike... anything smaller than 1000cc is a learner bike

I sorta agree, but I didn't want to offend.

Back in Australia my first bike was a CB500 with a Yoshi 4 into 1s, it was a death trap, I had a few tank slaps but it sounded great, music to the ears. 

My first bike in Thailand was a Buell XB9S back around 2006, and I've had a couple of big Ducati's since. 

Love my Ducati's. 

Sadly the smaller twins just sound like a lawn mower with a performance pipe, buying a twin you've really got to get at least a 800cc twin to sound nice. 

You can get the Japanese 4 cylinders to sound nice with a proper exhaust. 

21 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:
22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats not a big bike... anything smaller than 1000cc is a learner bike

I sorta agree, but I didn't want to offend.

I was taking the Peeeesh out of everyone who gets bent out of shape about the term ‘big bike’...    I thought the emoticons would have given that away !

27 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I was taking the Peeeesh out of everyone who gets bent out of shape about the term ‘big bike’...    I thought the emoticons would have given that away !

When the term 'big bike' is mentioned, it always hits a nerve.

I reckon most of the reported accidents by big bikes are the smaller bikes around 250, 300, 400cc group.

The government for some time now has been looking for riding license categories because of the many accidents by these big bikes.

I hope when they get around to making the changes, do what most other countries have done, all those with a bike license automatically get a big bike license and new licenses to start of with a restriction.