French national, 59, arrested for alleged fraud stemming from seven arrest warrants issued in Pattaya

webfact

" . . . many foreigners from multiple countries such as France, Belgium, and Australia filed complaints to the French Embassy that they were allegedly defrauded by the suspect with a total damage in value at about 6,333,677 baht . . . "        which the Frog had blown at various pie shops around town  ????

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CelticBhoy said:

" . . . many foreigners from multiple countries such as France, Belgium, and Australia filed complaints to the French Embassy that they were allegedly defrauded by the suspect with a total damage in value at about 6,333,677 baht . . . "        which the Frog had blown at various pie shops around town  ????

Good Cheese is expensive in Thailand

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andygrr said:

So the guy was so that clever he managed to swindle over 6 million. But wasn't clever enough as a 59 year old to get a non immigrant visa and use 800k of his Ill gotten gains to get an extension.

Well. In his line of business it is a logical choice to stay away from any government official who wants you to identify yourself, especially police and immigration. This is why many involved in criminal activities when arrested are found to be on overstay.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jabis said:

The whole article has as many holes as swiss cheese ????

And, what do you mean with that? Are you saying he did not do the things he is accused of doing? When I read it seems like a lot of people have been filing complaints and reports. They surely do not just get made up by a lot of people that not even know each other pointing at the same person.

Where is the holes, or are you of French nationality?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:
5 hours ago, steven100 said:

so what did he do that was considered fraudulent ?    did they give money expecting a huge return   ? 

I was wondering the same; Since when is it fraud to ' supposedly ' or actually know people??

That isn't, and neither is that what he was charged with/wanted for but it is fraudulent to take money from people under false pretences.

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That isn't, and neither is that what he was charged with/wanted for but it is fraudulent to take money from people under false pretences.

well that happen to me but no charges were ever laid so I disagree with your assumption,   you are just guessing my friend.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Stargeezr said:

Hope he spends a very long time in a Thai jail, any Thai jail.

It will be a great diet to say the least.

As long as he doesn't eat the non-standard-issue prison food that every inmate can buy from the prison shop, or have brought in or sent in by visitors.  Coffee and doughnuts, for a kick-off, is a great start to any prison day!   

15 minutes ago, steven100 said:
17 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

well that happen to me but no charges were ever laid so I disagree with your assumption,   you are just guessing my friend.  

What happened to you is irrelevant to this case.

The details of the Frenchman's case have been clearly reported, I am not guessing.  Amongst other things, he claimed that he could help his victims settle legal cases (obviously for a fee) because he had close relationships with police officers.  He did not have those relationships, that is 'false pretences' and obtaining money that way is a crime.   

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Saanim said:
49 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

inmate can buy from the prison shop, or have brought in or sent in by visitors.

delete the or have brought in or sent in by visitors.

Why?  You think that visitors cannot buy from the shop and leave for inmates?  You think that food cannot be ordered from outside the prison and delivered to prisoners?   Think again.