French national, 59, arrested for alleged fraud stemming from seven arrest warrants issued in Pattaya

webfact

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why?  You think that visitors cannot buy from the shop and leave for inmates?  You think that food cannot be ordered from outside the prison and delivered to prisoners?   Think again.

Why to think again? It does not change how it works.  Go and inform yourself.

14 hours ago, steven100 said:

so what did he do that was considered fraudulent ?    did they give money expecting a huge return   ? 

Are you asking a question or answering a question?

You have no idea do you?

What is the point of your comment?

Six warrants...for fraud..Details of which have not been released yet BUT dodgy share dealing..boiler house operations..money laundering?...That was the speciality of the French crims in BKK a few years ago....now add Bitcoin to the mix..take yer pick..

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Victornoir said:

For info on this joke, bleu in the epithets morbleu, sacrebleu, parbleu and tuebleu replace Dieu (God) to avoid blasphemy.

The things you learn on Thai Visa ... and I lived with a Frenchwoman for four years 555

21 hours ago, Saanim said:
23 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why?  You think that visitors cannot buy from the shop and leave for inmates?  You think that food cannot be ordered from outside the prison and delivered to prisoners?   Think again.

Why to think again? It does not change how it works.  Go and inform yourself.

I am, very well, informed about Thai prison procedures...personally.  You, clearly, do not know how the prisons work in the context of my comment.

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I am, very well, informed about Thai prison procedures...personally.  You, clearly, do not know how the prisons work in the context of my comment.

You cannot bring into prison area anything from outside. Even the prison officials are daily checked what they are carrying in and out. If you know that somewhere it works differently then it is strictly illegal and criminal.

If the inmates want to buy anything what is available in the inside shops for that they have their own account (via special card or a finger print) with debiting max. 300 Baht daily. The account can be re-chargered by their relatives with an in-person deposit or by mail money order.  

3 hours ago, Saanim said:
9 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You cannot bring into prison area anything from outside. Even the prison officials are daily checked what they are carrying in and out. If you know that somewhere it works differently then it is strictly illegal and criminal.

I'm well aware of the prisoner's "banking" and shop facilities, there is also a shop for the visitors where food and other items can be bought and delivered (by the staff) to inmates.   

Food orders can also be sent in to prisoners if ordered by someone outside the prison such as Thai food, McD, pizza, etc. and that is strictly legal and not criminal.  In Klong Prem orders are taken in the evening from inmates who want to order food from outside, doughnuts for breakfast for instance.    I'm not referring to contraband being smuggled in!  

• 11 months later...

There is more than one Foreigner here who once had some sort of volunteer status with police who then, on the basis of perceived importance and ignorance of their real relationship with any police officers, pretend that they are able to sort out issues for foreigners in trouble for a fee. He is just one of them who fleeced people as well as likely upset senior police officers whose names he falsely used to suggest he had some influence. They are a scourge ....

49 minutes ago, PeterCouling said:

There is more than one Foreigner here who once had some sort of volunteer status with police who then, on the basis of perceived importance and ignorance of their real relationship with any police officers, pretend that they are able to sort out issues for foreigners in trouble for a fee. He is just one of them who fleeced people as well as likely upset senior police officers whose names he falsely used to suggest he had some influence. They are a scourge ....

Thierry Perenon

https://www.dsi.go.th/th/Detail/DSI-เร่งสืบสวนชาวต่างชาติอ้างเป็นเจ้าหน้าที่--หากพบพฤติกรรมเรียกรับผลประโยชน์จะ-T0002449

and a background to this DSI statement is 

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/03/03/foreign-dsi-agent-threatens-editor-remove-story-russian-whistleblowers/

he was only briefly detained by DSI

Claimed to work for the Big Joke and tried to extort 10 BTC from a publisher

https://www.facebook.com/CSILA90210/posts/1925054717572244

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/14/2022 at 2:17 AM, webfact said:

6,333,677 baht

can afford some better "form fitting" shirts, a nicer cap and maybe some pants!!!!!!

but this is Thailand, LOSuper Horrible Farang Fashion.

I am sure the girls call him super hansom man.   Love Thailand long time.  

^^^^ internationlism .......Yes, it is possible to have badges given as "honorary" this or that for services normally related to translation issues on cases but having that or an officially signed police volunteer ID does NOT elevate anyone to actual full police officer status. All foreign volunteers with any branch of Thai police can act only when on official duty alongside a Thai officer then they can have apprehension capability, and more, depending on what a Thai officer requests of him.

Edited by PeterCouling
addition