Extremely expensive accident, anything/what I can do?

On 2/14/2022 at 3:15 PM, arick said:

Nothing to do with you the wind blow it off a balony their insurance will fix the damage not you. If the insurance companies want to sue you up to them.  You can move in the next six months. Why did you open yotr mouth to begin with or did everbody know you had drain cleaner 

If the Op hadn't have come forward and owned up, the car owners would have reported to the police as a crime. It could have been caused by the vandals spraying drain cleaner over the cars deliberately or by a careless action by one of the condos owners.

I am sure the police would quickly find if the bottle of drain cleaner had any fingerprints on the bottle and a quick check via records would identify the owner of such fingerprints.

I do wonder what the op employer would think if the local police turned up at the op's school for questioning 

3 hours ago, vinny41 said:

If the Op hadn't have come forward and owned up, the car owners would have reported to the police as a crime. It could have been caused by the vandals spraying drain cleaner over the cars deliberately or by a careless action by one of the condos owners.

I am sure the police would quickly find if the bottle of drain cleaner had any fingerprints on the bottle and a quick check via records would identify the owner of such fingerprints.

I do wonder what the op employer would think if the local police turned up at the op's school for questioning 

You forgot you are in Thailand right? The police wouldn't have done anything but ordering their lunch.

Thai police checking fingerprints on drain cleaner and then asking all people in the condo to hand in their prints or checking records? Of what? This isn't NCIS LA lol, what stuff do you smoke 55555

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

You forgot you are in Thailand right? The police wouldn't have done anything but ordering their lunch.

Thai police checking fingerprints on drain cleaner and then asking all people in the condo to hand in their prints or checking records? Of what? This isn't NCIS LA lol, what stuff do you smoke 55555

Who said anything about asking all the condos owners to hand in their fingerprints, the police will have the ops fingerprints on file along with everyone else that passes through immigration

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Who said anything about asking all the condos owners to hand in their fingerprints, the police will have the ops fingerprints on file along with everyone else that passes through immigration

Local stations do not have that, that's forensics in their cute uniforms. Aside of the fact you speak of foreigners alone, but keep dreaming anyway. Even they had, they wouldn't take it from the bottle nor do that work for such cases.

I think you forgot you are on a Thailand forum lol, this isn't a murder scene. They also have 1000 photos of us after living here 10 years, yet need a new one each year.

Thai police actually doing their work for small civil cases and fingerprint checks, LOL, the faith in the RTP is restored and the millions of cases are soon resolved!

Let me guess, you also think they track the phone number GPS records for such cases, to know which foreigner was around in the 24 hours around the accident, they have that on file too, 5K per request with my PI.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, merijn said:

In the end a good outcome for you i guess.

40K is no fun to pay for something that brings zero reward but at least there's a lesson to be learned which is always replace caps especially on  bottles with caustic contents.

One time, years ago,  the Ms. came into the condo and announced the wind knocked over the small bottle of nail polish she was using on the balcony while putting on toe nail polish.   It went down the side of the building.  (7th floor).    Fortunately I found some unused paint in the  fire exit stairwell that I could use to cover the red nail polish that'd landed on the building.     I also realized that what I thought was paint was actually more like whitewash and  it wasn't painted on especially well.

On 2/20/2022 at 3:20 AM, vinny41 said:

Before speculating let's see the actual damage on this car

On 2/19/2022 at 8:01 PM, Lancashirelad said:

Without pics to aid I'm still trying to figure out how this happened. Just about every condo balcony I've ever been on in Thailand has a surface water drain. Why didn't the drain cleaner run down the drain?

For it to land on the cars they must have been parked half in and half out under the balcony. (unless the wind blew it as spray?).

Exactly most people park totally under. Without pictures everybody's just speculating

• Like 1