Selling a car without a Bluebook and keys? Need advice.

PAV123

I am in the unfortunate situation where my wife unfortunately suffers from gambling, she is not completely out of control, but enough that I no longer trust her when it comes to money for gambling.
Gambling is supposedly as addictive as alcohol, can be cured but will take time. She is on the road to recovery, she has a regular appointment once a week with a reputable psychologist.

I recently bought a 2018 Vios in her name, but I have to go home to my home country for about 2 months. For the very last time when I settle permanently in Thailand when I return.
I'm worried that if she's had a relapse with gambling, she's selling the car while I'm gone.
Will she be able to sell the car here in Thailand if I bring the car's Bluebook and the keys to the car to my home country?
Or do you have any other suggestions? I do not get time to transfer the car in my own name when I travel in 3 days.

If the car is in her name she can easily replace the blue book,keys she can also replace.

Maybe you could hide the car some where?Then again if it is in her name she can report it as stolen.

Hard times ahead of you i think.

Many people have lost everything in life because of gambling addiction,while you are gone a lot could happen.

You are worried and rightly so,if she has no money to gamble with she could borrow from the wrong

kind of people also.

I really hope the therapy works.

• Like 1

You could park the car at the airport and take the keys and book with you. Inconvenient for your wife but at least it will be there when you return.

I had a friend who's wife also gambled. Complete nightmare for him. She gambled away absolutely everything. He returned from Alaska expecting to find a car , house , fish ponds but instead nothing left and more debt as well plus her in tears. Fortunately he had deep pockets , got her out of debt , abandoned the idea of living in Thailand , and took her to live in Alaska where they lived happily ever after ( as far as I know ) in a small town where there were no gambling opportunities.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, warrima said:

Id be more concerned if she went to a loan shark. We had a similar situation years back with an aunt of the mrs. She handed over the house/land deeds to a loan shark as collateral on a loan for gambling.  We essentially had to buy it back. 

No you did not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And who was to say it was true to start with ?

You may have been scammed by them all.

Good luck

Edited by Orinoco

16 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

.Would never put my future in any thai womans hands. Easy come easy go

This is so true. you need to keep both hands on the finances in Thailand if you want to stay here.

You don't need to be nasty but be in control 100% of the time.

For your good and hers plus her kids, that we end up bringing up.

And if people come to you with gambling problems,

sorry get off my land and don't come back.

TIT.

Edited by Orinoco

57 minutes ago, Denim said:

You could park the car at the airport and take the keys and book with you. Inconvenient for your wife but at least it will be there when you return.

I had a friend who's wife also gambled. Complete nightmare for him. She gambled away absolutely everything. He returned from Alaska expecting to find a car , house , fish ponds but instead nothing left and more debt as well plus her in tears. Fortunately he had deep pockets , got her out of debt , abandoned the idea of living in Thailand , and took her to live in Alaska where they lived happily ever after ( as far as I know ) in a small town where there were no gambling opportunities.

I would be cautious about leaving my car at the airport parking for two months.    It might not be there when he returns.

As for replacing a Blue Book,  when I mistakenly thought I lost mine years ago,  i was told by those in the know that replacing a Blue Book in Thailand is nearly as hard as solving Beal's conjecture.

I wonder how someone recovers a fish pond?

Good luck.

yes. I have the same situation w/a Mercedes at Big C - - I have to sell w/o bluebook or keys and quickly too... before the owner returns... 

on a serious note, gambling is more exciting than every day life. It is an addiction and tough to kick - - good luck to both of you... 

13 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

I would be cautious about leaving my car at the airport parking for two months.    It might not be there when he returns.

As an alternative , I once went to the UK for a month and rented a cheap condo in Bangkok for that one month. It had a secure underground car park with security cameras and the staff were aware that I would be away for some time. My wife and I used the room for three nights before my departure , the wife an additional night. On my return we again used the room for three nights before checking out and returning home. Worked out cheaper than airport parking plus we saved the cost of 7 nights in a hotel.

5000 a month as I remember and near a BTS station and Big C

https://www.facebook.com/Baansuayratanatibet/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, In Full Agreement said:

As for replacing a Blue Book,  when I mistakenly thought I lost mine years ago,  i was told by those in the know that replacing a Blue Book in Thailand is nearly as hard as solving Beal's conjecture.

#1 - police report

#2 - LTO, sign some papers (affidavit that it is gone if memory serves)

#3 - new book

6 hours ago, PAV123 said:

Will she be able to sell the car here in Thailand if I bring the car's Bluebook and the keys to the car to my home country?
Or do you have any other suggestions? I do not get time to transfer the car in my own name when I travel in 3 days.

1. Yes, she can sell it, she just files a police report (lost book) then gets a new one.

2. I'd suggest if she sells it when you're away, just don't return.

• Like 1