I just bought $200,000 of Bitcoin

6 minutes ago, Pravda said:

That's not so easy bud. I have account with a few of them. Only 2 will let me withdraw to my account. The rest require this and that. If USA decides crypto is being used by Russia to bypass sanctions. Bye bye

Not really. Accounts in europe or asia arent controlled by the US.

Thailand has exchanges. They pro Russia. Money can flow from any country with ties to Russia.

• India
  • China
  • Belarus
  • Armenia
  • Kazakhstan
  • Kyrgyzstan
  • Tajikistan
  • Syria
  • Lebanon
  • Serbia
  • Ethiopia
  • Egypt
  • Nicaragua
  • Venezuela
  • Vietnam
  • Laos
  • Thailand
  • Myanmar(Burma)
  • Ghana
  • South Korea
  • Philippines
  • Uruguay
  • Nigeria
  • Uganda
  • Moldova
  • Brazil
  • South Africa
  • Mongolia
  • Iran
  • Spain(its complicated)

14 minutes ago, Pravda said:

That's not so easy bud. I have account with a few of them. Only 2 will let me withdraw to my account. The rest require this and that. If USA decides crypto is being used by Russia to bypass sanctions. Bye bye

That's the beauty of crypto, governments can't ban it. 

Who care what the USA say? They are full of corruption, just take a look at what the SEC is doing to Ripple. bitcoin was founded to combat these criminals ???? 

Just now, Neeranam said:

That's the beauty of crypto, governments can't ban it. 

Who care what the USA say? They are full of corruption, just take a look at what the SEC is doing to Ripple. bitcoin was founded to combat these criminals ???? 

They can't ban crypto, but they can surely ban fiat transactions.

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

There are currently no border restrictions or obligations to declare cryptocurrency holdings under Serbian law.

Are you missing the point on purpose?

3 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Nato 30 countries

180 countries in world

Yet western media claims Russia has too many enemies bs

Russia will deal with who they want. They can sell stuff to China and India

30 countries that share common interests.  Being relegated to dealing with China and India..everyone's wet dream I'm sure

18 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Of course, while Dimon has his own personal beliefs – they don’t quite measure up to the position of JPMorgan. In recent years, the largest bank in the U.S. by assets has rolled out its own digital currency, JPM coin, has moved hard into crypto asset research and, in August, has opened access to crypto funds for its wealthy clientele.

Yes and the major financial institutions also rolled out billions in derivatives that eventually proved worthless.  The fact that someone is willing to sell them only proves there is a fool willing to buy them. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Yes and the major financial institutions also rolled out billions in derivatives that eventually proved worthless.  The fact that someone is willing to sell them only proves there is a fool willing to buy them. 

You didnt even know the btc founder name was made up!

Basic info. Quit while you behind.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, happydreamer said:

Longwood, some of what you say has a lot of merit.  But this argument that it's not tangible

You miss the point.  intangibles can still have value.  Goodwill in a business is not anything that you can put in a drawer, look at or spend but it does have value.  A business with identical hard assets such as plant, machinery, equipment, account receivable may very well be worth much more because of its "intangible" goodwill.  That may represent a deep customer base and longstanding great reputation.  That makes it worth more than the identical company only a business a short time, with a lousy reputation. 

Again, and to repeat myself for the last time.  You may very well make money on crypto currency.  People made money selling worthless swamp land in Florida decades ago.  However THE ONLY WAY AND I REPEAT THE ONLY WAY that someone makes money on crypto is if there is a bigger fool ready to buy it.  Crypto produces nothing, achieves no earnings nor ever has the prospect of any earnings, Its value goes up strictly because of the "perception" that it will go up.   Just like a ponzi scheme eventually runs out of new customers to sell to and it collapses at some point any thing that relies soley on a new purchaser paying more will eventually run into the last fool willing to buy.  In the meantime many will turn a profit but in the end, it can not last. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

You miss the point.  intangibles can still have value.  Goodwill in a business is not anything that you can put in a drawer, look at or spend but it does have value.  A business with identical hard assets such as plant, machinery, equipment, account receivable may very well be worth much more because of its "intangible" goodwill.  That may represent a deep customer base and longstanding great reputation.  That makes it worth more than the identical company only a business a short time, with a lousy reputation. 

Again, and to repeat myself for the last time.  You may very well make money on crypto currency.  People made money selling worthless swamp land in Florida decades ago.  However THE ONLY WAY AND I REPEAT THE ONLY WAY that someone makes money on crypto is if there is a bigger fool ready to buy it.  Crypto produces nothing, achieves no earnings nor ever has the prospect of any earnings, Its value goes up strictly because of the "perception" that it will go up.   Just like a ponzi scheme eventually runs out of new customers to sell to and it collapses at some point any thing that relies soley on a new purchaser paying more will eventually run into the last fool willing to buy.  In the meantime many will turn a profit but in the end, it can not last. 

Wrong for 13 years. Thats pretty good. Always easier to find a bad judge and do the opposite.

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

You didnt even know the btc founder name was made up!

Basic info. Quit while you behind.

Yes it was "made up"  however the quote was attributed to his pseudonym.

It is good "you have so much knowledge" that the rest of the world is too stupid to know. 

You are exactly what Steven Hawking described.  Someone "so sure".  I can tell you from my days at Merrill Lynch. You are identical to those who said the same thing about the dot.com stocks. 

image.png.cf5192b4356aeb751ca31d2a71212398.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

Wrong for 13 years. Thats pretty good. Always easier to find a bad judge and do the opposite.

You know you really should learn the lesson that it is better to keep quiet and let people think you are ignorant than to open it in print and remove all doubt.  

Do you do the speech writing for Joe Biden?  That last sentence is absolutely unintellgible. 

1 minute ago, Longwood50 said:

Yes it was "made up"  however the quote was attributed to his pseudonym.

It is good "you have so much knowledge" that the rest of the world is too stupid to know. 

You are exactly what Steven Hawking described.  Someone "so sure".  I can tell you from my days at Merrill Lynch. You are identical to those who said the same thing about the dot.com stocks. 

image.png.cf5192b4356aeb751ca31d2a71212398.png

Im sure you are wrong. You dont understand the tech

Just now, Longwood50 said:

You know you really should learn the lesson that it is better to keep quiet and let people think you are ignorant than to open it in print and remove all doubt.  

Do you do the speech writing for Joe Biden?  That last sentence is absolutely unintellgible. 

You are the bad judge. Everything you said on btc proven wrong.

2 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

In the meantime many will turn a profit but in the end, it can not last.

Nothing lasts forever, however if it lasts longer than our lifetimes then it can be considered permanent, for us at least.

Take the fiat money system since it came off the gold standard, it's massively inflated at the flick of a pen, completely non tangible, most of it exists as numbers only stored inside computers and they can make as much of it as they want to whenever they need it.

Wasn't always this way - and it also will not last, not forever anyway.

They used to use seashells for currency as they were scarce, they always were and are now absolutely worthless yet people used them for quite a while, until something better came along and there's always something better coming along....

Edited by ukrules