New COVID Insurance Terms Take Effect

snoop1130

Screenshot_20220215-153123_Messenger-768x401.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 15 (TNA) – New COVID-19 insurance conditions for treatment and daily compensation take effect today.

The Thai Life Assurance Association said that the compensation for COVID-19 in-patients was eligible for policy holders on the condition that they meet any of the five criteria imposed by the Public Health Ministry.

They are the body temperatures that remain over 39 degrees Celsius for longer than 24 hours, more than 25 breaths per minute for adults, oxygen saturation of less than 94%, the changing conditions of chronic illness that require close observation and breathing difficulty, inactivity and less appetite for infected children.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-883841

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright TNA 2022-02-15

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

6 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

...The Thai Life Assurance Association said that the compensation for COVID-19 in-patients was eligible for policy holders on the condition that they meet any of the five criteria imposed by the Public Health Ministry...

1. Have "the five criteria imposed by the Public Health Ministry" been published in the Government Gazette? If so, can somebody post the link to it?

2. Otherwise, does anyone have a link to the publication of the five criteria on the website of the Ministry or Public Health?

4 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

This from LMG Insurance today. (Not my translation)

Subject   Claims Guidelines for Covid-19 Disease

2.2. Coverage “Detected” Covid 19 who stay in specialized wards ( Hospitel ) and Field Hospital (Camp Bed) according to the criteria for being transferred from the origin hospital must have evidence of appointment from the Ministry of Public Health (สพ.อ.9) 

Thank you very much for posting this.

Is there any way to find out where the "evidence of appointment from the Ministry of Public Health (สพ.อ.9)" can be obtained and in what form this has to be?

2 hours ago, arithai12 said:

And I thought Thailand was expensive at 2800B !!

If I could chance getting the test back within 3 days, possibly on the day I fly out it would only cost $150 USD, but who wants to be sitting on pins and needles as you are now at the airport and the results still have not come in.....

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The rest of the world has moved forward on this already, and as of today here in California, mask wearing has been lifted.

I really don't think you mean to hold the US up as a model of how pandemics should be managed.

This is Asia and the cultural differences are hardwired when it comes to concern for health and generally the community around you. One might even say the polar opposite of the US in broad terms.

I completely agree that the world is starting to move on, and no doubt this will accelerate over the next few months. But, for that reason alone, Asia will broadly lag in dropping restrictions.

3 hours ago, FalangTingTong said:

I have twice paid about 350 USD in San Francisco for the same.  If you want reliably fast turnaround that’s the going rate.  In most of the EU it’s 80-120 EUR for 24h results last I checked.

Which shows that health care in the USA is a massive rip-off.

• Like 1