Thailand approves new 10-year visa program

Thai gov should make the visa processes easier and faster.  It is less of the cost issue than the time issue.  Still do not know what the 90 day reporting is all about.  If the government get rid of the 90 day reporting, what bad things can happen??

Make it simple and charge more if you have to.  This will make everyone happy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tandor said:

...i can imagine the high price paid for the list of applicants and their wealth; and the imminent long term danger attached. ????

They need to rethink this. As a high net worth retiree I might be interested but I do not have a pension as such but live on investment income. So I'm unable to show an income of 80k baht a month although my actual "income" is far in excess of that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Your a guest as are most of us are.

Suck it up or choose another country.

I still require mega hoops to take my Thai partner to Oz, even pre covid. 

Thailand is easy. 

Pre Covid 2013/2014 was no problem to take my Partner to Oz for a Holiday.

Filled in a  couple forms, got an Invitation letter from my Family in Oz 

Made sure there was enough money in the bank to prove that I could pay for us whilst being in Oz .

Gave them a good enough reason that my partner was going back to Thailand   

after the Holiday .   That was about it  I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/17/2022 at 3:00 PM, Tropicalevo said:

It is still at the sub committee stage.

Do not hold your breath.

Thanks, that's the answer I was looking for. Saw this was being "looked at" quite a while ago, year or more.

article seems to say it was ready for applications.

10 hours ago, Raphael Hythlodaeus said:

They need to rethink this. As a high net worth retiree I might be interested but I do not have a pension as such but live on investment income. So I'm unable to show an income of 80k baht a month although my actual "income" is far in excess of that.

Id be careful about revealing anything.

16 hours ago, digger70 said:

Pre Covid 2013/2014 was no problem to take my Partner to Oz for a Holiday.

Filled in a  couple forms, got an Invitation letter from my Family in Oz 

Made sure there was enough money in the bank to prove that I could pay for us whilst being in Oz .

Gave them a good enough reason that my partner was going back to Thailand   

after the Holiday .   That was about it  I think.

Yes don't listen to the Thai appologists, my Thai nephew has been in Australia for over 7 years never had to show any money in the bank and such rubbish, I had his visa done every year and no , no 90 day reports or anything till he had his visa application done by a Thai agency who had no clue and his visa got rejected and he had to go back to Thailand, my Thai wife who has been here since 2001 and never will go back (apart from holiday) and she became an Australian citicen many years ago.

• Thanks 1

You meet the financial requirements and do business with success for over a decade, so you think this is great news and want to apply. You then get kicked out the door because you do not have a bachelors degree or the money comes via multiple ways, which not all qualify as proof.

This stuff existed for quite a few years already, the only change is that the duration is now longer, apparently they thought that the lack of applications was due to the duration rather than requirements.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Raphael Hythlodaeus said:

The "O-X" requires insurance, and for someone in their 70s who self-insures I do not want to bother with that. 

Well if you are at 80k USD in pension per year in the last 2 years including 1M USD in assets this new 10 yr visa is great....... give it some time, they will tack on health insurance of some sort as well.......the OX may be more reasonable......

Edited by CANSIAM

1 hour ago, CANSIAM said:

Well if you are at 80k USD in pension per year in the last 2 years including 1M USD in assets this new 10 yr visa is great....... give it some time, they will tack on health insurance of some sort as well.......the OX may be more reasonable......

Please understand that "high net worth" individuals do not require health insurance because they know its a scam, so they self insure.