Taken out by a dog ! it can happen so easily !

CharlieH

Ridiculous speed, anything can come out in front of a vehicle going at such a speed....dogs, kids, other vehicles, other animals. Plus rider could suddenly come to a patch of bad road, or a slippery patch, got no chance of pulling up fast at such a speed. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, connda said:

I don't want to watch especially if either the dog or the 'driver/rider' is hurt.
I find it best to slow down and give the horn a short honk/beep.  That gets their attention and gives you a rough idea whether then see you and what they'll do now that they know a car/motorcycle is coming.  I find that dogs only are unpredictable when they don't realize you're there, or of they are really triggered by another dog (in a fight or in heat). 
Most Thais in our area can't seem to take their feet off of the accelerator.  So in our area dead dogs aren't that uncommon as well as car/motorcycle damage.  People need to slow down and be caution but here in Thailand?  They just can't.  Most of the time if you let the dogs know you're coming and slow enough to react, there is no problem.

Thai people slowing down is a lightly to happen as dog owner taking care of there dogs and controlling stray dogs. 

• Like 1