Porsche driving police hospital surgeon granted 200K bail in DUI/ death case

webfact

8pm.jpg

Picture: Neaw Na

Naew Na reported that the Thonburi Criminal Court in western Bangkok granted bail in the sum of 200,000 baht to a police hospital surgeon. 

Dr Phanurak Rattanaphaisan faces drunk driving, negligent driving causing death, speeding and charges related to driving a red plate vehicle while prohibited on August 29th last year.

Dr Phanurak - who has the rank of police lieutenant - was behind the wheel of a brand new Porsche that went into the back of a Honda Civic on the Ratchaphreuk Road.

A male passenger in the car died and the female driver was seriously injured. 

Aetna Platinum+ Light on premium, great on coverage

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-02-18

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

It is claimed that the doctor was over the alcohol limit and over the 80 kmph speed limit when the accident occurred. 

The court will next meet on April 25th. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 6

On 2/18/2022 at 8:53 AM, webfact said:

r Phanurak Rattanaphaisan faces drunk driving, negligent driving causing death, speeding and charges related to driving a red plate vehicle while prohibited on August 29th last year.

That's been kept quiet ..........6 months + ago.

regards worgeordie 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Knocker33 said:

Ducati driven by a police officer killed a doctor. A Porsche driven by a police doctor. How the <deleted> can police afford to own these vehicles. Sorry forgot I was on Thailand

Illicit business is good for the strongmen that use their position, connections and influence to make money on the side. 

• Sad 1

Already 30+years that I am frequenting this amazing country. And still every time a new surprise comes up. How can a policeman be a surgeon and vice versa? The Porsche story I understood from my first visit when I had to hand over the brown envelop to an officer.

• Sad 1

Dr Phanurak Rattanaphaisan faces drunk driving, negligent driving causing death, speeding and charges related to driving a red plate vehicle while prohibited on August 29th last year.

Makes me wonder how he's prepared when he's at work.

On 2/19/2022 at 5:51 PM, Knocker33 said:

Ducati driven by a police officer killed a doctor. A Porsche driven by a police doctor. How the <deleted> can police afford to own these vehicles. Sorry forgot I was on Thailand

"A Porsche driven by a police doctor. How the <deleted> can police afford to own these vehicles"

By being paid a surgeons salary, not a police officer's!   The bloke on the bike bought it used for B113,000, easily sorted on finance.

On 2/19/2022 at 6:07 PM, worgeordie said:

r Phanurak Rattanaphaisan faces drunk driving, negligent driving causing death, speeding and charges related to driving a red plate vehicle while prohibited on August 29th last year.

That's been kept quiet ..........6 months + ago.

It was widely reported at the time, not kept quiet.

On 2/19/2022 at 8:39 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:
On 2/19/2022 at 5:51 PM, Knocker33 said:

Illicit business is good for the strongmen that use their position, connections and influence to make money on the side. 

Being a Police Hospital surgeon isn't an illicit business, neither is it "making money on the side".

3 minutes ago, worgeordie said:
32 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It was widely reported at the time, not kept quiet.

You know everything Lou ......???? and you never get tired of letting

everyone know

Thanks, appreciate it.  I find that accurate comments are always far better than false claims.

• Like 1